So how to get excited for the IPL?

Austin 3:!6

IPL Excitement Poll  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Are you excited for the IPL?

Considering India has not played since March, we as fans should be waiting with bated breath for saturday. But somehow not getting that excitement for the IPL. Infact I was more excited about the WI-Eng, Pak-Eng test series.

So what are the key things to look forward to and get excited about the IPL?

Discuss.

Edited by Austin 3:!6
10 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Considering India has not played since March, we as fans should be waiting with bated breath for saturday. But somehow not getting that excitement for the IPL. Infact I was more excited about the WI-Eng, Pak-Eng test series.

So what are the key things to look forward to and get excited about the IPL?

Discuss.

Watch it for the upcoming stars. Seeing them go toe to toe with current superstars lets you know their worth, something not possible in other form of domestic cricket as the Seniors hardly play in them. The IPL for the last few years has been just that for me and am extremely excited for this year as well.

21 minutes ago, Vickydev said:

Watch it for the upcoming stars. Seeing them go toe to toe with current superstars lets you know their worth, something not possible in other form of domestic cricket as the Seniors hardly play in them. The IPL for the last few years has been just that for me and am extremely excited for this year as well.

List the youngsters you are most looking forward to

I generally watch European clay (tennis) tournaments during IPL season, hate it cos Nadal is my least favorite player. This time again both are coinciding, and once again I will be cheering for every player up against the clay machine. 

May follow scorecards of Punjab and DC matches, some highlights maybe if some of my favorites do well. 

OP, why do you want to get excited for something? If you find it exciting enjoy, else so many other avenues for entertainment. 

1 hour ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

List the youngsters you are most looking forward to

Lots mate. I believe the last couple of years have seen a rise in new players getting in over experience. Its going to be even better this year.

Some i expect to see lay down the marker this year:

Padikkal(RCB)

Jaiswal, Kartik Tyagi, Rawat, Riyan(RR)

Shaw(DC)

Samad(SRH)

Sarfaraz, Bishnoi(KXIP)

Mavi, Gill, Nagarkoti, Prasidh(KKR)

So basically one could follow every game to see these guys play and luckily I have lots of time to kill as well:p:

@OP Due to lack of Indian cricket (domestic or internationa), this year, I have invested in IPL. My main follow will be:

KIXP-Kar - with 6 players from Kar in this team captained by IPL hero KLRahul and coached by my fav Kar player Kumble

RCB - Town fav only interest if Padikkal performs and when/if  we win (#ESCN - Ee Sala Cup Namde) and a bit soft corner for Kohli to win at least one major tournament as captain, now that he is an expecting father, C'mon Dad Army!)   

Rooting for CSK/MI fail. :hitler: Baddimaklu, always win

So, enough interest if you pick favs. I always want to look for young tearawayfastbowlers or wrist spinners to succeed for cricket's sake.

Go IPL !!   :kp::rcb:

On 9/15/2020 at 11:20 PM, Vickydev said:

Lots mate. I believe the last couple of years have seen a rise in new players getting in over experience. Its going to be even better this year.

Some i expect to see lay down the marker this year:

Padikkal(RCB)

Jaiswal, Kartik Tyagi, Rawat, Riyan(RR)

Shaw(DC)

Samad(SRH)

Sarfaraz, Bishnoi(KXIP)

Mavi, Gill, Nagarkoti, Prasidh(KKR)

So basically one could follow every game to see these guys play and luckily I have lots of time to kill as well:p:

Nice list .  Just the list i would have listed down.  Success of Kamlesh , Bishnoi , Shaw & Prasidh will pave way for india contention and make india team very good if they improve &  are consistent . Along with this,  Kuldeep, Hardik ( as allrounder), Pant should get their mojo back this year.