India's squads for Australia announced (T20I, ODI and Tests)

15 hours ago, Forever Indian said:

India's T20I squad for Australia: Team India T20I squad: Virat Kohli (Captain), Shikhar Dhawan, Mayank Agarwal, KL Rahul (vice-captain and wicket-keeper), Shreyas Iyer, Manish Pandey, Hardik Pandya, Sanju Samson (wicket-keeper), Ravindra Jadeja, Washington Sundar, Yuzvendra Chahal, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohd. Shami, Navdeep Saini, Deepak Chahar, Varun Chakravarthy

India's ODI squad for Australia: Team India ODI squad: Virat Kohli (Captain), Shikhar Dhawan, Shubman Gill, KL Rahul (vice-captain & wicket-keeper), Shreyas Iyer, Manish Pandey, Hardik Pandya, Mayank Agarwal, Ravindra Jadeja, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohd. Shami, Navdeep Saini, Shardul Thakur

India's Test squad for Australia: Virat Kohli (Capt), Mayank Agarwal, Prithvi Shaw, KL Rahul, Cheteshwar, Ajinkya(vc), Hanuma Vihari, Shubman Gill, Saha (wk), Rishabh Pant (wk), Bumrah, Mohd. Shami, Umesh Yadav, Navdeep Saini, Kuldeep Yadav, Ravindra Jadeja, R. Ashwin, Mohd. Siraj

T20 Squad is good. Only one change was needed. Drop Pandey and SKY should be there instead of him!!. Same in ODI's.

Deepak Chahar will be smashed around in Australia.

Kuldeep, Jadeja and Ashwin all three are wasted slots for Australian Tests. The latter two might get some runs. Not expecting wickets from them.

Hope Rohit gets fit soon.

I see a lot of people here ragging on Jadeja. Guy has done everything asked of him in the chances he has been given. He has upped his hitting game and almost did the impossible in the biggest pressure game in his life. His test batting shows he has improved a lot. It may be difficult to fit him into the XI given the conditions but he warrants a chance for a season atleast

40 minutes ago, CoverDrive said:

I see a lot of people here ragging on Jadeja. Guy has done everything asked of him in the chances he has been given. He has upped his hitting game and almost did the impossible in the biggest pressure game in his life. His test batting shows he has improved a lot. It may be difficult to fit him into the XI given the conditions but he warrants a chance for a season atleast

Jadeja would have been an asset if he was Sakib level player, but he is a very limited batsman & a bowler. CSK is not trusting him to either bat up the order or bowl his 4 overs regularly. That's a definition of bits & pieces player.

If Jadeja could bat at 5 & bowl his 10 overs, he would have been indispensable to the team but not at 7 surely. He is a proven failure. 

And please don't be fooled by his big hitting game, if he wins his team anything then we can hail his big hitting. For starters, I ll be delighted to see if he can hit sixes on big Aussie grounds instead of running singles/doubles.

Edited by SK_IH
30 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Jadeja would have been an asset if he was Sakib level player, but he is a very limited batsman & a bowler. CSK is not trusting him to either bat up the order or bowl his 4 overs regularly. That's a definition of bits & pieces player.

If Jadeja could bat at 5 & bowl his 10 overs, he would have been indispensable to the team but not at 7 surely. He is a proven failure. 

And please don't be fooled by his big hitting game, if he wins his team anything then we can hail his big hitting. For starters, I ll be delighted to see if he can hit sixes on big Aussie grounds instead of running singles/doubles.

For tests he actually has been awesome of late . He will be an asset in australia

2 hours ago, Unleashed said:

The T20 team is beyond garbage and highlights why we won't win the WC. So many accumulators and only one big hitter in Pandya. Pathetic. Ideally it should have been something like this

Rahul, Rohit, Kohli, Pant, Samson, Pandya - the bowling line up.

3 accumulators and 3 hitters. They still play t20 like ODIs. Morons.

We should play like morgans England. 0 accumulators. 

So Pant is not overweight for Tests which requires more stamina and fitness and unfit for shorter formats? Selectors need to tell players why they have dropped the player, so that players can improve and come back as better cricketers. I think they kept him in team because he was one of the top scorers in test series in Australia, whereas dropped from shorter formats because he did not perform as per expectations from him in that format. Also, at this professional level wherein Pant is competing, he should himself be able to identify why he is picked in one format and dropped from others. Should improve in those formats so that next time he is selected he does better in LOI's.

Samson after a poor tour of NZ need to cash in if he makes playing 11 against Aussies. Very few from a large pool of players get a couple of series. Make an impression as early as possible because not many cricketers have been lucky to even get one international game for the country. 

Rahul too is someone who would look to perform better as a Test Batsman,

Good to see Siraj in test squad, Not sure whether he will make the playing 11 though.

With Warner and Smith back for their home series, it will be a totally different batting attack to deal with for our bowlers. This series will be more competitive than it was previous year. Very eager for the test series in particular.

Edited by Straight Drive

Why was Rohit dropped from the entire tour? If he is already practicing in nets for Mumbai Indians, his injury is not that severe. Considering tests are more than a month away, don't see the merit of not picking him. Remember, you cannot fly a player from India whenever you want under present circumstances and quarantine rules. They could have kept Rohit Sharma in the squad.

Am I the only one who thinks the test batting line up seems a tad thin and inexperienced? Rohits absence in the tour will be strongly felt. I am somehow not convinced Shaw and Gill can entirely take the weight of an Aussie test match. If Rahane and Pujara dont stand up this time, the batting will suddenly look very thin. 

2 hours ago, SK_IH said:

How is he different from Pandya.Pandya is like that in every format he plays for India. Atleast Jadeja is a gun bowler in home tests and an asset with bat. 

1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

Am I the only one who thinks the test batting line up seems a tad thin and inexperienced? Rohits absence in the tour will be strongly felt. I am somehow not convinced Shaw and Gill can entirely take the weight of an Aussie test match. If Rahane and Pujara dont stand up this time, the batting will suddenly look very thin. 

Rohit would've failed regardless so nothing new here.  Kohli, Pujara, Rahane & bowling attack is experienced.  Mayank had a good two tests last time & is in good form.  Rahul is also there & I think he'll be tried in middle order.  Gill or Shaw may be the new opener. 

Team is decent for tests 

Pant is in test squad, enough time to get his fitness back. Anyway we need to try others in ODIs/T20s...good in a way that Pant's focus will be only on red ball. As much as I like Saha, he will always be the second option in SENA, plus he is 36!!!!