Ashwin interviews Vikram Rathour- Pant promotion was Kohli's idea

44 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

If coaches are really giving valuable inputs which players are convinced and work on them results will be visible .

Lets take what we saw in Aus - 

1. Catching - I think all of us saw with Horror. We should have won Sydney too with better catching. Better not to talk about catching standards improvements.

2. Batting - One would have liked to see better results from openers , even MO  (leaving out seniors) .  The only opener who succeeded had done all the home work himself as admitted by Batting coach himself.  The other -Pant was saying he worked extensively in last 1 year and he seems to trust Tarak as per his interview with Boria. Should we give all credit for Sundar & Shardul to Coach . Think not in case of Sundar . The way he faces pace short stuff is due to his stints at MRF as confirmed by Ash. 

3. Bowling - This is where we have seen maximum improvements . Before Aus tour , Siraj would bowl some great overs and bowl all over in some other spells and leak runs . What we saw was a very disciplined Siraj in this series . Big surprise - the consistency he achieved .

Same goes to Shardul . Used to  bowl zaffa and then loose deliveries . Even he has cut down those quite a bit . 

That is how we should evaluate a coach . Hats off to Arun. 

Arun is definitely the pick of our coaches, has been for sometime with the improvements we have seen to our fast bowling. People may not like shastri but there is a reason he insisted on having him as part of his staff. Guys like rathour we can only speculate about, i used to think bangar was a good batting coach until i had my doubts when i saw him as an expert say that he was one of the people who asked the team to bat slowly in the pp overs.

5 hours ago, Suhaan said:

Seems even Ashvin has got his due moolah,on a roll these days

Ashwin obviously won't interrupt or censor guests on his show. Anyway in these interviews Kohli is mentioned once or twice by the coaches, rest of the stuff is fun so all is well. We don't get to know these inside stories often and we don't have any documentary team following the squad. 

Ashwin explained why he sledges Pujara in the team, he said, "Because what happens is, every time an opponent like Nathan Lyon is bowling, Pujji makes it so heart throbbing for me. Every time the ball goes up in the air, I am like 'You know what? Nobody plays like this man. You are making him look like unplayable.' And eventually, everybody will think that I'm not able to make the other batsmen bat like this."

I bet ashwin is watching this forum
Pujara does play Lyon like he is Warne

I hope this guy Rathour can identify our issues while playing in England and plan accordingly. Admittedly,  I have criticised him in the past as I just wasnt aware what he was doing. I'm glad that he saw that the batting in NZ was just not good enough and felt that not enough work was done and that's why they were prepared early for the Australian  tour and he also emphasised the importance of runs from the tail. 

18 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Each of these coaches owe their position and the fat moolah they are making to Kohli and therefore prefer to act as his yesmen. Everything they say about Kohli has to be seen from that lens. They clearly know that the day a new captain takes charge, their days will be numbered

And what if this actually happened?
Coz i dont think its a big deal, a captain can advise the coaches even when he isnt in the team, thats not something out of the ordinary. You are a blind Kohli hater with an alias name , i would take a coach's word over your's that's for sure. Not everyone is a sellout, please come out of your bubble. Cricketers and coaches are human too they aren't some super villains of bollywood.

Just now, Adamant said:

4 test maces happen.

Clown gets dessimated abroad with a near strong team ,make Vihari lead in India he too will blank opposition

Real skills get tested when you travel to alien conditions

Clown would have definitely lost 4-0 against Aus after creating history by folding under 40 with the strongest xi of the sides which played the 4 tests

3 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Clown gets dessimated abroad with a near strong team ,make Vihari lead in India he too will blank opposition

Real skills get tested when you travel to alien conditions

Clown would have definitely lost 4-0 against Aus after creating history by folding under 40 with the strongest xi of the sides which played the 4 tests

Our bowlers bowled the aussies out below 200 under Kohli and they would have done the same in the next 3 matches(as evident by our bowling lineup performance under him), also we would have our best batsman , so sydney win could have been possible.
We would have won 3-1 if Kohli was there just like how we won 2-1 in 2018.
The only difference between 2018 and 2020 was Smith and Warner and our bowlers didnt allow them to score much in 2020, they would have done the same in 2018.

20 hours ago, wanted_desi said:

Maybe Sachin is talking to Gill? LOL

In all seriousness, Kohli does get on my nerves. It was so refreshing to see team without him. Even if we would have lost the series, whole team made me enjoy everything. I can't wait for Kohli to be gone forever, Indian cricket will move in right direction after he leaves. Bollywood ki Dukaan! 

Same here! Can't wait to see the end of Kohli's toxic presence! This series has shown he isn't indispensable as a player either.