Ashwin interviews Vikram Rathour- Pant promotion was Kohli's idea

• how they didnt get time to work in NZ on problem areas
  • How they planned to pick on lyon in aussie attack and the work started during lockdown
  • Pant promotion was Kohli's idea
  • Rathoure keen on working with Tail
  • gill started working against bouncer and how to play lyon long before anyone told him to
  • Very interesting how gill was so sorted about short ball without anyone guiding him 
  • Ashwin loves Sledging Pujara 

Maybe Shastri , Kohli and rest of TM sorted out these tactics, selection after 36 ao, credit to them if that is the case. Won't accuse all these guys of lying. But Rahane got the best out of everyone, Kohli could never do that maybe because of his temperament/attitude....so many players jokingly say that Kohli is intimidating, his aggression scares them etc, definitely some truth there. Players so much more relaxed under Rahane, a better man manager for sure. who can get the best out of limited resources. 

Edited by Gollum

Kohli messed up selection in Adelaide, 100% agree....his mistreatment of juniors and potential off-field competitors (brand value) gets on my nerves and I doubt he will change. 

But our bowling tactics were spot on in that match, as were field placements. If we hadn't dropped so many catches we could have had a 100+ runs lead and 36 ao may never have happened. Not to forget that crazy run-out of Kohli on day 1 when we were going so well. 

Definitely some work went into tactics before start of the series, look at Aus 1st innings and how we countered Smith/Labu. I refuse to believe that after 36 ao, suddenly they came up with brand new bowling plans...so Arun's interview didn't surprise me, we were very well prepared for this tour. Only things is after 36 ao and Kohli's departure, Rahane got the best out of everyone and we were mentally tough, extremely clutch to seal the deal in next 3 tests. Team environment, spirit, determination, positivity, nerves of steel etc. Kohl had zero role. 

These coaches have all decided to undermine Rahane's achievements. Started with the motormouth Shastri right after the match. Then Sridhar and Arun carried this forward and now it's Rathour's turn.

However, check Rahane's interview on Cricinfo. Not once he mentions Kohli or any of his ideas. Instead he praises the collective leadership of himself, Rohit, Ashwin and Pujara.

I know who I would believe - these Kohli yesmen or Rahane.

Edited by ShoonyaSifar
7 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Kohli messed up selection in Adelaide, 100% agree....his mistreatment of juniors and potential off-field competitors (brand value) gets on my nerves and I doubt he will change. 

But our bowling tactics were spot on in that match, as were field placements. If we hadn't dropped so many catches we could have had a 100+ runs lead and 36 ao may never have happened. Not to forget that crazy run-out of Kohli on day 1 when we were going so well. 

Definitely some work went into tactics before start of the series, look at Aus 1st innings and how we countered Smith/Labu. I refuse to believe that after 36 ao, suddenly they came up with brand new bowling plans...so Arun's interview didn't surprise me, we were very well prepared for this tour. Only things is after 36 ao and Kohli's departure, Rahane got the best out of everyone and we were mentally tough, extremely clutch to seal the deal in next 3 tests. Team environment, spirit, determination, positivity, nerves of steel etc. Kohl had zero role. 

WC 2019 was a bigger mess up than the Adelaide test. These guys changed none of their thinking process after that. The same adhocness in decisions, hurting youngsters' confidence, ignoring practice matches before important tours - Adelaide (an the NZ tour prior to that) was a result of the same old malaise. Giving them the benefit of doubt just because each of them are glorifying each other should be taken with a pinch of salt.

20 minutes ago, Gollum said:

In his interview with Ashwin, Sridhar mentioned that it was a very close call between Saha and Pant.  He said that they discussed Pant's superior batting as well as the LHB advantage.  But Pant still had to build his fitness (we all know that he was quite a bit overweight during and post-IPL), and so decided to go with Saha.  If that is true,   I am reluctant to buy the "mistreatment" idea - it seems like a case of toss-up and the coin fell in Saha's direction and Pant himself is partly responsible for that outcome. Not being privy to these conversations, fans will always speculate and assign ulterior motives to these decisions. If they had gone with Pant and he had picked up a fitness-related injury in the first innings of Adelaide, we would've blamed the TM for that also.  

After this series, I will back these coaches fully.  The jury is out on Kohli, though.