Warning for Race-baiting, religion-baiting, ethnicity-baiting in the name of 'strong' opinions.

sandeep

Current state of politics in the country is extremely polarized so anyways most arent even ready to hear other side. Dnt shut off chit chat but shutting down political discussion is better. Felt forum has lost ppl due to it , infact i almost once thought of doing so. A lot more activity here takes the traffic off from cricket forum and honestly the quality of cricket thread in recent times there has been quite sad. 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

On 4/5/2021 at 1:55 AM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Current state of politics in the country is extremely polarized so anyways most arent even ready to hear other side.

How to change this state of polarization and how to make them to hear each other? 

I questioned myself: "Is cutting the Political Debates will make situation better, and polarization is going to vanish, and both sides will start listening to each other?"

I felt that answer is NO. 

My experience guides me that prohibition should take place when  there is a danger of "physical" harm. While as far as Oral disagreements are concerned, then let people disagree with each other as much as they want. Sooner or later they will get calmer. 

I indulged in every kind of most dangerous political/religious debates here at ICF.  I met very strong opposition too. But at the end, we all got calmer, and life is going on well here at ICF. 

As compared to ICF, I could not say the same about Pakistani Discussion Forums, which ban the members at first sight of disagreement upon religion/nationalism/politics. 

Mod is angry :nervous: Chill man. A lot of posters intentionally troll. Icfers like me smile and click on nxt thread. Sometimes click on troll button.

This is a place where posters just want them heard. Why bar them the opportunity. If its targeted, its easy for me to put member in ignore list.

Edited by mishra

15 hours ago, Yoda-esque said:

I would like to understand why I was banned .There was no warning whatsoever.

Can the mods let me know what offending post caused them to take this step?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Thank you for your patronage over the last 10 years. You were banned because you and Under_Score flew off the handle that day and were abusing each other. He is still banned while you have been unbanned. Separately, we also received complaints about you baiting people from other regions with terms they found offensive. Request you to resist engaging in abusive confrontations. 

Thank you for your patronage over the last 10 years. You were banned because you and Under_Score flew off the handle that day and were abusing each other. He is still banned while you have been unbanned. Separately, we also received complaints about you baiting people from other regions with terms they found offensive. Request you to resist engaging in abusive confrontations. 

Again,please point out the abusive post?

Why was there no warning?

20 hours ago, Yoda-esque said:

I would like to understand why I was banned .There was no warning whatsoever.

Can the mods let me know what offending post caused them to take this step?

No idea, I wasn't the one who banned you bhai.

2 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Personally, that would be  a regressive move. Facts arent always conducive to one's apriori moral desires . We can cut out on the abuse if it all there is any. Moderation shouldn't exceed that. Just my 2 cents. 

what exactly would be a "regressive" move?  The point of this warning is exactly what you claim to be in favor of - to "cut out the abuse".   Even 'abuse' is a subjective thing.  

Don't act like site moderation is some sort of god-given entitlement for posters to have - its thankless volunteer work, done by folks who care about the site and the community.  Collaborate in keeping it a useful place, free of agenda driven silliness, instead of pontificating generalizations.  

Just my 2 cents. 

On 4/14/2021 at 7:35 PM, sandeep said:

what exactly would be a "regressive" move?  The point of this warning is exactly what you claim to be in favor of - to "cut out the abuse".   Even 'abuse' is a subjective thing.  

Don't act like site moderation is some sort of god-given entitlement for posters to have - its thankless volunteer work, done by folks who care about the site and the community.  Collaborate in keeping it a useful place, free of agenda driven silliness, instead of pontificating generalizations.  

Just my 2 cents. 

Lol I wasn't pontificating.  But whatever. 

On 4/9/2021 at 9:41 AM, Gambit said:

So if this user Yoda-esque who was dishing out obscenities  along religious and regional lines and personal attacks, then the UnderScore should be unbanned as well as he is 12 years veteran of ICF?

So if this user Yoda-esque who was dishing out obscenities  along religious and regional lines and personal attacks, then the UnderScore should be unbanned as well as he is 12 years veteran of ICF?
Let me know whether I wished death on someones father.

Also kindly list what obscenities I dished out.