What impact will MS Dhoni have in Indian T20 WC team?

Austin 3:!6

MS Dhoni as mentor  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Good decision to have MSD as mentor role?

My only worry is Kohli might feel insecure as too many cooks spoil the broth. I am a firm believer captain should have all the power and coaches are just to assist. At the same token captain must take all the blame too if team loses.

No fan of Kohli's captaincy but since he is the captain...he should have final say. I am sure MSD himself wont have liked had they appointed Ganguly as mentor when he was captain.

Dhoni should always remember that this is Virat's team now. Else I smell a clash.

Edited by Austin 3:!6
2 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

No fan of Kohli's captaincy but since he is the captain...he should have final say. I am sure MSD himself wont have liked had they appointed Ganguly as mentor when he was captain.

Dhoni should always remember that this is Virat's team now. Else I smell a clash.

Why is this role event created?

Unless MSD is going to transition to coaching.

I don’t think any team has such a concept.

MI has a few but they use them more like brand ambassadors especially Sachin. Once in a while wears the jersey, sits in the crowd and waves to the fans and gives emotions towards the camera when team is winning or losing. That’s about it.

For IPl it is fine but what’s the point of this in a WT20 squad? Might as well wasted that ticket for u-19 player to travel along and gain experience.

If Dhoni is mentoring the team then what is Kohli doing? If he is mentoring and guiding Kohli what about the coaches, if he is mentoring   the coaches then what is Ganguly doing?

sab logon ko chew banane ke gimmicks hai.

10 minutes ago, maniac said:

MI has a few but they use them more like brand ambassadors especially Sachin. Once in a while wears the jersey, sits in the crowd and waves to the fans and gives emotions towards the camera when team is winning or losing. That’s about it.

For IPl it is fine but what’s the point of this in a WT20 squad? Might as well wasted that ticket for u-19 player to travel along and gain experience.

If Dhoni is mentoring the team then what is Kohli doing? If he is mentoring and guiding Kohli what about the coaches, if he is mentoring   the coaches then what is Ganguly doing?

that last line suits my dp :giggle:

36 minutes ago, maniac said:

Think this is the ground work for Dhoni to become full time coach. It will be very unfair to Rahul Dravid if that is the case.

In his playing days he used to get wickets from behind the stumps by giving tips to bowlers, now he will get wickets from dugout.

For batsmen, he will show them the process of consolidating from ball one till tea and tire out the opposition bowlers and finally blast them away in the third and final session of the day.

If by chance India wins the cup, all credit will go to thalaiva, if india lose then he is just a mentor what can he do..

Khelo dimag se...

Edited by Hell Raiser
54 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

My only worry is Kohli might feel insecure as too many cooks spoil the broth. I am a firm believer captain should have all the power and coaches are just to assist. At the same token captain must take all the blame too if team loses.

no Dhoni pretty much used to captain with Kohli being there till he retired.