Adani group set to buy NDTV - end of leftist anti establishment media in India

rangeelaraja

Actually I believe this is not good news. In Maqbool, there is a dialogue that sticks with me "Aag key liye paani ka darr baney rehna chahiye".

Whatever I might think of these communist outlets, they serve a useful purpose. It is hard to call a country fascist when you can abuse it day and night. Sometimes keeping your enemy alive is the best thing you can do.

Actually I believe this is not good news. In Maqbool, there is a dialogue that sticks with me "Aag key liye paani ka darr baney rehna chahiye".

Whatever I might think of these communist outlets, they serve a useful purpose. It is hard to call a country fascist when you can abuse it day and night. Sometimes keeping your enemy alive is the best thing you can do.

Exactly, sometimes you need an enemy to validate the hero.

49 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

I think of the matter differently. Both NDTV and its ideological opposite Republic TV are agent provocateurs. Wind up artists who disseminate falsehoods to paint someone as a victim and some other demographic else as a perpetrator.  A Republic TV doesn't need a NDTV to feed its hysteria. They will find someone else to vilify.

If you have to beat Republic TV, in the long run, you need a Tehelka. From the time when Shoma and Tejpal were at their best. Journalists first and foremost.

28 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

I think of the matter differently. Both NDTV and its ideological opposite Republic TV are agent provocateurs. Wind up artists who disseminate falsehoods to paint someone as a victim and some other demographic else as a perpetrator.  A Republic TV doesn't need a NDTV to feed its hysteria. They will find someone else to vilify.

If you have to beat Republic TV, in the long run, you need a Tehelka. From the time when Shoma and Tejpal were at their best. Journalists first and foremost.

@Mariyam   - heard of 5th generation war ? 

Media is a pillar of the state - we are living in times when there is a very strong need for the media to firmly side with the ruling establishment at the center. 

There is alot of societal cancer in India - from pandering to the rogue elements of a certain minority ( which is actually the 2nd largest majority ).

We have a left in the country - that opposes our relations with America and Israel and suggests that we make peace with China by surrendering our dignity. In every other country the left is ultra nationalist - only in India the left is ultra treasonous. They want us to surrender Kashmir and be a poodle of China. 

Communism has been wiped out from the world except 2-3 countries - it is a one party system.

Yet the bloody CPI, CPI(M) traitors are allowed to have political parties in India.

Have you seen the state of Kerala  ? Once a glorious South Indian state with extraordinary culture - now a hell hole where a certain minority will s become majority ( probably by 2040 at the going rate ) ....ruled by communists. 

An ultra nationalist pro Hindu, pro BJP channel like Republic is needed to crush these forces and prevent these cancers and fissures from spreading and eventually splitting India.

Except BJP - each and every effing party STINKS of minority and cast appeasement.

As obnoxious as Arnab can be at times  - Republic network will remain the favorite of nationalists.

Edited by rangeelaraja

There should always be place for a good opposition in media and politics. Good opposition ....not propaganda at the behest of people not always in nations interest.

I hope a good , reasonable TV channel does  emerge that can keep the govts at centre and state on their toes and accountable. The tv channel should also be accountable for the information they put up .A channel that puts nation above politics and the different political ideologies.

Business houses owning media houses is always bad. There should be a law against money bags owning media houses.That is just a dirty partnership.

Edited by beetle

4 hours ago, Mariyam said:

I see absolutely no difference between Shoma / Tehelka and ndtv. It’s just that tehelka did not operate in era of social media where ordinary folks could call out hypocrisy. 

All the folks of the mainstream media or ndtv also remind me of another dialogue “Either you die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain”

Many of the partisans today seemed fairly erudite and reasonable in 90s and last decade. BBC was good standard of journalism apparently. Social media has lifted the viel. 

Having said this, overall in structure, reporting and presentation, NDTV had a lot of stuff going. It was very good in content.  If Modi had given them olive branch they would have even bent backwards for him. 

Random thought 

Interesting short unrelated story from my day today. On a project in France I was taking a metro back home. Guy sits next to me, evidently a Pakistani. ( Ironicaliy I am reading savarkar on my kindle). But from corner of my eye I could see him browsing his phone. Facebook, lots of stuff in Urdu, Afghanistan and Jinnah pics. It’s clear he is from Pakistan. Then he closes it and opens ndtv. I could see him browse through all the headlines and he clicked on the one which read Al Qaeda leader re-emerges. Ndtv has its market and it caters to it. No ideology involved. Pure survival.