Mahela Jayawardene says it's unlikely that we'll see Hardik Pandya bowl in IPL 2021

Ankit_sharma03

13 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Pandya's physique doesn't allows him to recover fully & even if he recovers he will get injured if puts any effort..  I honestly feel for the guy.  But that should be it for him. 

Venky Iyer can be brought in as surprise package but I doubt. 

what's wrong with his physique? He's always flaunting his abs

13 minutes ago, Lord said:

what's wrong with his physique? He's always flaunting his abs

Lack of muscle mass.. He needed proper strength & conditioning.  Hardik used to try & hit 140kph during his prime years..  It eventually put a lot of effort on his back.  Fast bowling involves lots of bio mechanics.  Shaoib Akhtar once explained Problem of Pandya in his old video. 

Just now, Lone Wolf said:

Lack of muscle mass.. He needed proper strength & conditioning.  Hardik used to try & hit 140kph during his prime years..  It eventually put a lot of effort on his back.  Fast bowling involves lots of bio mechanics.  Shaoib Akhtar once explained Problem of Pandya in his old video. 

so he hasnt had that conditioning till now?

3 minutes ago, Lord said:

so he hasnt had that conditioning till now?

No one knows except him & his own team that what's the deal with him.  He still walks stretching his back mostly while batting so looks like its a career threatening issue for him.  Plenty of cricketers have back problems although these are dangerous ones.  If you stick to one discipline you will be fine after a while..  But not as a A/R. 

2 hours ago, maniac said:

Still will make it to T20 side for his batting at this point but fast becoming a liability more than an asset

With Thakur evolving this guy may become irrelevant unless he turns it around. I don't want him to fail. But he looks way too confident that he is acting like he  undroppable from the T20 side thanks to his six hitting ability. Once that X factor takes a hit he will struggle to keep his place in the side.

Edited by vvvslaxman

4 hours ago, AuxiliA said:

If Pandya can't bowl at all then his spot in the 11 isn't guaranteed. He isn't in form with the bat either. 

On low to medium scoring pitches that we are likely to have, I will prefer Iyer as a pure batsman over Pandya. 

Agree with everything except Iyer, I think Samson would be a better choice. Atleast he has the potential to hit fast bowlers ( whether he performs or not is another question). On the other hand Iyer can't hit good pacers. 

2 hours ago, Cricspin said:

He is been around for a while now and walks into teams when not injured. Everyone expected a Kapil Dev out of him. I feel Irfan history being repeated again.

If he retires with similar numbers to Irfan than I would be pretty satisfied with his career. Don't think he will come anywhere close, especially in tests. 

Also, Pathan was more talented.