Pooran: "Our focus is not too much on singles. We won two World Cups with the same 'problem'"

sage

Many of the Indian commentators are rooted in the past when 280 was a good score in ODIs. To get to 280, batsmen focused on singles, converting 1s in to 2s, and getting a boundary in here and there. At times, teams even reached 180-190 at 40 overs, doing bulk of the scoring in the last 10. 50 overs also meant that batsmen had time to settle down. 

A 280 in T20s context is 112. As we know that in T20s, runs scored >>> balls bowled, which can only be achieved through going for big hits. Batsmen can afford to play a few dots if they can get big hits in the next few balls. If they focus on singles, they are missing out creating opportunities to go big. When you walk in, you should be thinking where to get those big hits in, which bowler to target and so on. 

Edited by zen

On form, WI should not pick Gayle. They have better options in Fletcher or Simmons to open with Lewis.

Look at this 11: Lewis, Fletcher/Simmons, Pooran, Chase, Hetmyer, Pollard, Russell, Bravo, McCoy, Hayden Walsh, Rampaul/ Thomas

Irrespective of the pitches, cannot see them not reaching the finals.

10 hours ago, Suhaan said:

95% of pitches world over are flat, including ICC events

LOI cricket is changing fast,power hitting is going to only evolve and evolve further

Talking about consolidation and watching out is thing of the past and like shoving your head into the sand

T20 cricket is absolutely about boundary hitting

This year I watched three different t20 tournaments/series out of which two were on sluggish pitches, dunno where you are getting that 95% from. Lol

You believe that 95% cricket is on flat pitches but let me tell you that you're wrong dude  

1 hour ago, Adamant said:

This year I watched three different t20 tournaments/series out of which two were on sluggish pitches, dunno where you are getting that 95% from. Lol

You believe that 95% cricket is on flat pitches but let me tell you that you're wrong dude  

5 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

I dont think that theory will work on the pitches we are seeing. 

I still think an agressive team will win this t20 world cup even on these pitches 

3 hours ago, Adamant said:

So you say LOI pitches are not flat these days?

England, Australia,India,NZ ,where most of the cricket is played

Even Sharjah too is mostly flat

BD,SL used to be flat enough,but SL, don't play that much at home these days

They are absolutely flat,and in coming days every cricket playing nation will be forced to churn out flat beds as they are visually more revenue generating, people like to see boundaries alongwith wins which in turn develops their hitting range,look at the bigger picture

Pooran is one of the cleanest hitter of ball. Windies purely rely on muscel. Unfortunately Indian bats look malnourished vis a vis Windies and hence we can’t play windies game. Its as simple as that.

Problem with our bats is that they waste first 10 ball they face trying to stay at crease. We need a solution to that