Hardik Pandya set to be captain of Ahmedabad

sarcastic

NEW DELHI: The Indian cricket board (BCCI) on Monday has giv ..

I think this could be good news for our Indian LOI team as we will get another captaincy option post Virat-Rohit era. 
We already have seen that KL Rahul could be a Panauti captain and let us hope that Hardik Pandya be better option.

What do the ICF experts think about this?

Feel like bumping my thread as he is going in the footsteps of Kapil Paa in eventually becoming captain of Indian cricket team.

Talked about this a long time ago including suggesting that the current lean phase, compounded by having to comeback from the devastating back injury, is a blessing in disguise as it will make MI not retain him, providing an opportunity to lead A'bad 

If he comes back strongly, he will be truly on the hero's journey 

Edited by zen

He can only be a LOI captain, and need to be consistent both with fitness and performance. I have never liked his attitude, but he can turn result of LOI and t20s with bat in a few overs. He needs to really deliver first. I suspect he wont be selected regularly in 2022 in any case.

Pandya as captain, Nehraji as chief coach, Vikram Solanki as director of cricket - The VCs who own Ahmedabad franchise are making some strange choices if the rumours turn out to be true.

A guy who has lost his place in the national side, that too in his prime years, being given such a responsibility sounds weird. Two months after the T20 WC got over, he has not even reported to NCA for his injury rehab while Rohit, Bhuvi and Jaddu continue to slog there! I hope the selectors do not bring him back for the series vs WI/SL. 

2 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Pandya as captain, Nehraji as chief coach, Vikram Solanki as director of cricket - The VCs who own Ahmedabad franchise are making some strange choices if the rumours turn out to be true.

A guy who has lost his place in the national side, that too in his prime years, being given such a responsibility sounds weird. Two months after the T20 WC got over, he has not even reported to NCA for his injury rehab while Rohit, Bhuvi and Jaddu continue to slog there! I hope the selectors do not bring him back for the series vs WI/SL. 

Punjab Kings are saying, “Finally. Someone like us”