Rohit Sharma must reconsider his future in LOIs after this IPL

Suhaan

I think Rohut Sharma has reached that stage of his career where he needs to hang his boots /reconsider his future in Lois
Has been through ever pathetic slump in limited overs cricket
His presence only make numbers of duds in the side

Batting at low SR and suddenly getting out after eating too many deliveries aren't helping his side either
People

@vvslaxman

@Lord

@Ankit_sharma03
@zen
@velu
@nevada
@express bowling
@Mosher
@lonewolf
@SK_IH
@rkt.india

@raki05

@Vijy

@speedheatAAndnd others let your thoughts come in,discuss,

And his highness Sir @maniac
is cordially invited

We are not going to win anyway,better to loose with newcomers
People might come in their usual rant "we have seen how are newcomers have fared",still it won't look this bad

Edited by Suhaan

5 hours ago, DarkProfile said:

I think the dismal form of Ishan Kishan is also weighing on his perfromance in IPL.

I think that's a convenient cop out for RoSha. As the captain of the side it is he who should be unaffected by performances of others and play like an example.

I've seen almost all of :mi: games this season.

Yes Kishan has been an abject failure, but the difference, and I think it's a prominent difference; is intent.

Kishan tries to score fast and gets out. RoSha doesn't even try to score quickly. 

Also Kishan has age on his side. You can expect some improvement. With RoSha it seems like his reflexes are kaput. Don't want to write an early epitaph, but that is what it looks like.

I said before Rohit should retire from LoI’s. However it’s too late now, so Rohit  should call it quits after WT20 this year and WC next year. That’s common sense and not based on any emotions.

Should continue in tests for a while because he has been one of our best test bats in the last 1-2 years.

1 hour ago, maniac said:

I said before Rohit should retire from LoI’s. However it’s too late now, so Rohit  should call it quits after WT20 this year and WC next year. That’s common sense and not based on any emotions.

Should continue in tests for a while because he has been one of our best test bats in the last 1-2 years.

In tests he has redefined himself,i would want him to milk the most of his terrific form in test cricket

He has done enough to be considered as  one of the odi greats but things aren't working for him anymore, although its highly unlikely he will leave before wc 2

10 hours ago, Suhaan said:

I think Rohut Sharma has reached that stage of his career where he needs to hang his boots /reconsider his future in Lois
Has been through ever pathetic slump in limited overs cricket
His presence only make numbers of duds in the side

Batting at low SR and suddenly getting out after eating too many deliveries aren't helping his side either
People

@vvslaxman

@Lord

@Ankit_sharma03
@zen
@velu
@nevada
@express bowling
@Mosher
@lonewolf
@SK_IH
@rkt.india

@raki05

@Vijy

@speedheatAAndnd others let your thoughts come in,discuss,

And his highness Sir @maniac
is cordially invited

We are not going to win anyway,better to loose with newcomers
People might come in their usual rant "we have seen how are newcomers have fared",still it won't look this bad

Absolutely atleast in T20 all these Maharathis shouldn't be part of. I am not sure how shameless these senior can be that they are not ready to leave space in t20 fomat even. 

8 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Absolutely atleast in T20 all these Maharathis shouldn't be part of. I am not sure how shameless these senior can be that they are not ready to leave space in t20 fomat even. 

Sharma ji wants them to complete their 15 years in international cricket and then retire as if they're working in some PSU.

3 hours ago, Mariyam said:

I think that's a convenient cop out for RoSha. As the captain of the side it is he who should be unaffected by performances of others and play like an example.

Yes Kishan has been an abject failure, but the difference, and I think it's a prominent difference; is intent.

Kishan tries to score fast and gets out. RoSha doesn't even try to score quickly. 

Also Kishan has age on his side. You can expect some improvement. With RoSha it seems like his reflexes are kaput. Don't want to write an early epitaph, but that is what it looks like.

Frankly, Mariyam, my impression has been the opposite. Rohit has been timing the ball exquisitely well, as he usually does. He races off to a good start and then loses his wicket. Ishan, on the other hand, seems to be struggling bad as he tries really really hard to hit the ball, and as a result, hits without any timing or placement.

3 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Rohit hasn't done much in IPL for last 3-4 years.

He got benefitted from two back to back t20 worldcup else bcci would have looked for future and appointed someone young over him. Hope he gains some for in worldcup and retires from that format after that. Can play till odi worldcup next year but we cannot have lineup with Rohit, Dhawan, Kohli, Rahul and think of winning worldcup.