Nasser Hussain rates Pakistan as favorites to win ICC World Cup 2019

During the second ODI at Lord’s, one of the commentators raised the possibility of England or India lifting the ICC World Cup 2019 at that particular historic stadium exactly after one year.

“We could see these two teams playing the World Cup final next year,” the commentator said.

However, Nasser, who was also present in the commentary box at that time predicted Pakistan as the favourite to clinch the title in 2019. “Watch Pakistan sneak in and win the World Cup”, Nasser replied to the fellow commentator.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/342084-pakistan-as-favourites-to-win-icc-world-cup-2019

Who knows!! Pakistan is a very mercurial team, they might lose match after match in a tourney then suddenly they rise from the ashes to defeat the favorites. Their fielders suddenly grab difficult catches, bowlers hitting fine lengths & inconsistent batters scoring confidently. I just hope Kohli doesnt make the same mistakes against them in 2019 WC, last time in the final we did not even look like a professional & a disciplined team during the match.

I do to think pak can win

Aus- m not sure how will team adapt when warner n smith cme back in dressing room, they also lack a spinner

Nz- wo bhi choker hi hai

Sa- choker - abdv

Ind- Nervous captain , conservative think tank , backups not properly prepared 

Eng- toothless bowling , i dnt rate them good under pressure 

Pak- has done well in eng n Wcs + bowling attack + fakhar zaman looks like a man for final+ Sarfraz as captain looks good under pressure . Their batting can screw them . Still I think they have a better chance then others

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
1 minute ago, GolGappe said:

Their unpredictability makes them very dangerous in knock-out games.

But it just takes couple of in-fights between their players to derail the whole campaign.

Yeah but it seems like we've had more in fights in our team than they have had in a while. Can't remember the last time their playing xi didn't play as a cohesive unit. We had the rumble fiasco etc...

This article is gross exaggeration. I heard his commentary. All he said was India and England are the 2 best ODI  teams in the world and these 2 might meet on the same venue next year. But never say never with this format as someone like Pakistan can sneak in and win the cup. Nothing wrong with what he said.

This

My picks for the semis: Ind/Eng/Pak/NZ. Pakistan have come a long way since their defeat against India in the group game in last year's CT when they looked absolutely hopeless. Gotten rid of most/all of their accumulators and replaced them with dangerous hacks like Fakhar. If they get Sharjeel back they'd be even stronger.

Only problem is Pakistan have never won when they entered as favourites: 1992, 2009, 2017 they were underdogs with horrible starts to their campaigns. This time they will enter as legit contenders, let's see how they react to that added pressure. But kudos to Pak selectors and coaches (Arthur, Flower, Azhar Mahmood)....if our selectors and coaching staff were that good, the result of the WC would be a foregone conclusion, alas !!!