This Indian team won't go far in world cup

Austin 3:!6

Think our LOI team is bit overhyped.

For past few years, we were heavily depending on our top 3. But Rohit Sharma looks like having a Sehwag like decline. He is 32, became fat and too unreliable now. Dhawan, though still decent, but lost that touch since he don't play all formats anymore. Backup opener, Rahul is equally poor, if not worse.

Our middle order of Rayudu, Dhoni and Jadhav is too old and unreliable.Rayudu was never that great, Jadhav is playing only bcoz of his part time bowling and Dhoni lost his hitting ability.

Then we have ever unreliable slogger like Rishabh Pant who don't serve the purpose at all.

So its all on Kohli and to a certain extent on Pandya to give lower order impetus. Compare this team to the one in 2011 and you would realize how inferior this team actually is.

The time was ripe for selectors to inject some young hungry players like Shaw, Gill, Mayank etc. couple of series before World cup and then take a call. But somehow we went for experience and filled the team with full of Buddhas or out of form players.

If bowlers (especially spinners) don't bail us, I dont think we would go much far in world cup.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Fat. Also his end is near. You will not find the same smoothness in his batting he had once. Now, he can only play 1 shot - pull shot. The day it comes off...he hits few sixes else gets out.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

He has already achieved enough... Most folks are yet to come out of PTSD as to how can a batsman hit 3 ODI double hundreds.

I agree ,our strong top order is now going downhill, so no escaping there

Selectors have wasted so many opportunities to groom younsters but they went with old washed out players and here are the consequences

It was coming,Dhawan is not bound to succeed in all icc tournaments,there has to be one failure and this might be the one,Kohli too going through a rough patch

These three are the only ones who atleast give us run a ball scores but now all will be left to the likes of Rayudu,dhoni,jadhav ,one can imagine what kind of score we'll end up with on those flat beds

Bowling wont rescue us everytime

So ,the slide has started just at the right time(sadly)