What was your biggest misconception !!!

velu

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Till class 5 or 6 I thought women are made to consume a special kind of kheer and then they produce babies, from Ramayan. Needless to say I became a laughing stock for a few days in my friends circle.  

And then you discovered the internet and some of its “vast content” and haven’t stopped ranting since?

Is that how the rest of the story goes?

Edited by maniac

We got our independence by non-violence/ahimsa and the wealthy British laid down their guns because they just couldn’t get themselves to slap someone on the other cheek.

Every Black person is a thug and every American/European middle class family don’t have values such as compatibility , adjusting for the welfare of the  children, saving for their kids college etc which is only a copyright of Asian middle class families.

I would become very fair like a gora and get all my childhood fair complexion back which I lost due to playing useless gully cricket and getting baked on my motorcycle in 40 degree summer heat once I move abroad

That somehow smoking a joint of Marijuana would lead me towards enlightenment and discover new realms and make me the next Steve Jobs. All I did was get very high ,throw up, sleep for 14 overs straight and then it was back to business as usual.

Edited by maniac

My grandparents home, before they moved, back when I was in 1st grade or younger, was close to the railway yards.  From the balcony there, you could see the smoke billowing out of steam engines that used to pull in all day.  5 year old me connected the random dots and thought that this is how day turns into night.  

9 hours ago, Gollum said:

Till class 5 or 6 I thought women are made to consume a special kind of kheer and then they produce babies, from Ramayan. Needless to say I became a laughing stock for a few days in my friends circle.  

I used to think till 8th grade that women automatically get pregnant after getting married just because they are wired to do so. And I used to get super confused as a child when the tv serials which my mother watched had scenes where the entire family is angry because the bride gets pregnant before marriage, I thought yeh shaadi ke pehle maa ban gayi toh sab gussa kyun? how is it different from getting pregnant after marriage?

All changed when reproduction system was taught in 8th standard where the process was very hard for me to understand. Maine ratta maar liya aur marks le aya. Then before entering 9th grade there was an MMS craze in my school and some rich brats who had coloured cell phones back then polluted my mind with blue films in their phones. Then I connected the dots by relating it with 8th standard biology lesson and reality dawned upon me. 

Well it is indeed a special kind of kheer if you think about it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, MechEng said:

Then before entering 9th grade there was an MMS craze in my school and some rich brats who had coloured cell phones back then polluted my mind with blue films in their phones. Then I connected the dots by relating it with 8th standard biology lesson and reality dawned upon me. 

In my case, a rich Punjabi brat from Mumbai showed the dark side (MMS) and polluted my mind, in fact the minds of the whole class. We were reasonably innocent till then, between class 6 to 8 his family moved in to our industrial township, brat and his brother joined my school and the downward slide began. Nothing good has come out of Mumbai :eviltongue: @Mariyam

Good thread @velu I'll be sharing lots of stuff here from my side.

This is cricket related: I used to think that Australia is the hardest place to score runs. Not true actually, Australia felt to be the hardest because you were basically playing world champions on their home grounds. Conditions wise England is the hardest place for Asian batsmen irrespective of the quality of team.

As a kid I thought every girl  had very tiny babies inside them . They grow slowly as we grow and one day become too big when the doctor cuts open the tummy and takes the grown baby out.

This was before I started going to school.

I would ask my dad if he got me a dulha ( groom)everyday when he came back from work.....like dulha was something you could get casually like toffees.

My husband thought one could hold back ' period' like one holds the bladder till you reach a toilet.....even after he got married.:facepalm:

On 5/29/2019 at 12:05 AM, velu said:

Mine :-

I was in an assumption that to lay eggs , hens needs to be banged by the roosters ( cock ) :giggle:

cock-farm-village-chicken-polygamy-Raisi

This too.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Wait, they don't? :shock:

Oh Man, I will school you....

For the eggs to be fertilized, the hen and rooster must mate first, and this process must occur prior to the formation of the egg. Thus, if the hen has mated and she lays an egg, then that egg is fertilized. If the hen has not mated and she lays an egg, then that egg is unfertilized.