Is Rohit Sharma the greatest 6 hitter ever to play the game.

maniac

4 hours ago, Audiophile said:

The helmet is now a part and parcel of the game, but sometime it conditions the batsman not to watch the ball all the time.

On point there. Also the skull cap would have done more damage if the ball hit the head and would have sent the reverberations throughout the head. If not worn, the ball would have localized the blow

What a player this guy is. His talent is so much that its coming out of his a$$. Can't wait to see hitman opening in tests in Perth against Aus where I believe he can hit the first ball from that overrated trundler Cummins over extra cover for a six. Don't bring up Steyn he's just as useless as cummins :winky: Steyn would be saying to Rohit to come back to SA in a trembling voice. Did I say how good a player Rohit is. If not, then what a player :yay:

14 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

On point there. Also the skull cap would have done more damage if the ball hit the head and would have sent the reverberations throughout the head. If not worn, the ball would have localized the blow

Yep, in hindsight probably Sunny knows today that the practical impact of the skull cap was zero, it was psychological. Still I do not remember him getting hit on the head because he took his eyes off the ball. Batsman who grew up in the helmet era frequently get hit on the helmet including our might Ailaa.

On 10/20/2019 at 11:24 AM, Real McCoy said:

What a player this guy is. His talent is so much that its coming out of his a$$. Can't wait to see hitman opening in tests in Perth against Aus where I believe he can hit the first ball from that overrated trundler Cummins over extra cover for a six. Don't bring up Steyn he's just as useless as cummins :winky: Steyn would be saying to Rohit to come back to SA in a trembling voice. Did I say how good a player Rohit is. If not, then what a player :yay:

https://www.cricket.com.au/video/rohit-sharma-six-cover-drive-pat-cummins-shot-of-the-day-australia-india-first-test-adelaide/2018-12-06

On 10/19/2019 at 12:04 PM, Audiophile said:

Before my time, when I was a kid, my Dsd used to tell me that when Salim Durrani came out to bat, the Eden Gardens crowd used to urge him to hit a six which he used to frequently oblige.

This is mentioned even in his wiki profile!!!  :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salim_Durani

My grandfather said CK Nayudu was the best.

My mother said Salim Durrani was the best.

I said Viv Richards was the best.

My juniors said Yuvraj was the best.

Their juniors are saying Rohit is the best.

My children will say Yashaswi Jaiswal is the best. 

The people who did it best during your impressionable years will always remain the best for you.

37 minutes ago, Param Mastishk Pheeka said:

The people who did it best during your impressionable years will always remain the best for you.

I am 420 years old and I think Rohit is the best :)

44 minutes ago, Param Mastishk Pheeka said:

Nah, I think Viv was cut above all.