IPL 2020: Baba Ramdev's Patanjali likely to bid for title sponsorship: Report

vayuu1

IPL 2020: Baba Ramdev's Patanjali Ayurved may bid for the Indian Premier League (IPL) title sponsorship after it was announced that Chinese smartphone maker Vivo will not hold the position this year.

"We are considering the IPL title sponsorship for this year, since we want to give the Patanjali brand a global marketing platform," Patanjali spokesperson SK Tijarawala said as per a report by The Economic Times.

Patanjali is considering making a proposal to the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), Tijarawala added

Patanjali as a title sponsor for IPL will do more for Patanjali than for IPL. While the caste hierarchy among brands could play out, Patanjali owning the title sponsorship would be contextual from a nationalist perspective, since there is an enormous anti-China sentiment prevailing in the country,” said brand strategist Harish Bijoor said as per the report.

The BCCI had on August 6 confirmed that Vivo will not be the title sponsor for IPL 2020.

Vivo had agreed to pay Rs 440 crore a year under the five-year sponsorship deal signed in 2018. The company might return as the tournament's main sponsor next year.

The BCCI has offered discounts of as much as 50 percent to potential title rights holders, The Economic Times reported.

The BBCI might earn a maximum of Rs 300 crore from a new sponsor, Moneycontrol reported on August 5.

This year's IPL will be played in the UAE from September 19 to November 10.

15 minutes ago, maniac said:

Need Sanskaari commentary too

I want Simon Doull to describe Rohit’s innings from the verses of Garuda Purana

I won’t Danny Morrison to screech and quote Ramayana by saying RCB is  like ancient Lanka and Virat is like Ravana, a prosperous city and a great leader but because of his stubbornness and stupidity led to the destruction.

I won’t fair play award to be replaced by Yudhistra Dharama paalan Agarbatti award.

Every time a batsman gets out for a duck, people should hereby call it Aryabhatta and when a batsman gets out he should walk to a graphic of Aryabhatta on the screen.

I want cheerleaders to be called apsaras.

Dhoni- Jadeja friendship should be described as strong as Karna-Duryodhana friendship and CSK fans should call MI fans kauravas and Vice versa as taunts.

More to follow..... 

commentators are like background folks Akash-vani in Ramyana/Mahabharata.

2 hours ago, maniac said:

Need Sanskaari commentary too

I want Simon Doull to describe Rohit’s innings from the verses of Garuda Purana

I won’t Danny Morrison to screech RCB and quote Ramayana by saying  like ancient  Lanka and Virat is like Ravana, a prosperous city and a great leader but because of his stubbornness and stupidity led to the destruction.

I won’t fair play award to be replaced by Yudhistra Dharama paalan Agarbatti award.

Every time a batsman gets out for a duck, people should hereby call it Aryabhatta and when a batsman gets out he should walk to a graphic of Aryabhatta on the screen.

I want cheerleaders to be called apsaras.

More to follow..... 

With little innovation,we can play them wearing langotas,

Not a bad idea at all ,UAE conditions

Bollywood Kohli can break internet with his raging fitness

29 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Super over to be replaced by Dwand Yudh IMO.

Would be fun if Bishop or Hayden can blow a shankh before every match or super over . I picked those 2 because I would assume they probably have the best lung capacity among the commentary team that has likes of Akash Chopra and Harsha Bhogle or smoker or party animals like Warne and Lara

Edited by maniac