Khaleel Ahmed

rkt.india

43 minutes ago, express bowling said:

In the last 4 years,  apart from Khaleel,  no other Indian pacer has lost pace before the age of 30.  

Our seamers losing pace was very much a phenomenon of the 2000s decade.

Which is why Khaleel's case is so surprising.

Also surprising is that he keeps getting picked, hasn't exactly set the world on fire with his performances till now, don't he'll improve until he is made to earn his place  

Looks like the selectors are obsessed with selecting a left arm quick(?) for variety..  I'd rather the best 3-4 fast bowlers in the squad..

Remember, we won the Aus Test series with three right arm fast bowlers through the series..

Quality is critical.. variety is only good to have.. hope they get Saini or Mavi into the squad soon..  Or maybe Siraj finds LoI success at internationals..  Bumrah, Shami, Bhuvi, one of Siraj/Saini/Mavi should be the 4 quicks for the WC.

49 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I like the fact that Khaleel has tried to go back to his original bowling style ... of hitting the deck hard at 136 k to 144 k and going for bounce ... in this ODI series. This is the right approach.

Young bowlers can sometimes go for runs in their development phase. Not a big issue.

he will start bowling like unadcutter soon enough. rarely have I seen a more confused bowler at an early stage of the career. mostly our pacers knew what their initial strengths were, stuck to them, and then fell away as they began "experimenting". but khaleel has taken the shortcut and is doing all sorts of silly things early on.

49 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I like the fact that Khaleel has tried to go back to his original bowling style ... of hitting the deck hard at 136 k to 144 k and going for bounce ... in this ODI series. This is the right approach.

Young bowlers can sometimes go for runs in their development phase. Not a big issue.

he will start bowling like unadcutter soon enough. rarely have I seen a more confused bowler at an early stage of the career. mostly our pacers knew what their initial strengths were, stuck to them, and then fell away as they began "experimenting". but khaleel has taken the shortcut and is doing all sorts of silly things early on.

On 1/13/2019 at 11:34 PM, express bowling said:

Excerpt from an interview of  Zaheer Khan in 2011.  His beliefs and what he himself did.

"   Indian bodies not designed to bowl fast: Zaheer Khan

I also dropped pace, so basically it's important to know what works for you at the international level and put that into practice."   "

https://amp.sports.ndtv.com/cricket/indian-bodies-not-designed-to-bowl-fast-zaheer-khan-1565076

Our great maharathis, Ganguly,Sachin and VVS wanted Zaheer to be bowling coach.Shastri who is deemed moron by many refused to accept him as his bowling coach.

Bharat Arun is the best hire for Indian fast bowlers and also spinners.

On 9/19/2018 at 10:55 AM, Mosher said:

Khaleel comes across as a smart cricketer. Impressed with the way he used the crease and bowled around the wicket cramping up the batsman. Hit the bat hard and troubled the batsman with pace and bounce on this slow pitch. Good use of the slower balls and cross seam deliveries to get extra bounce. Also bowled some good yorkers at the end. If he can get the ball to swing into the right handers, he will be a complete package. 

Where has this Khaleel gone? Bowled well initially, and then just went downhill non stop.

8 minutes ago, nevada said:

Where has this Khaleel gone? Bowled well initially, and then just went downhill non stop.

Don't know who has messed with his head. Inspite of getting hammered, he for some strange reason kept bowling short and that too not quick short balls. Easy hit me balls. Towards the end he bowled some good wide yorkers and slower balls. When he bowls in the early 140's, his slower balls are that much more effective. He should go back to doing what got him selected. Sad to see him go down like this. 

Edited by Mosher
7 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Don't know who has messed with his head. Inspite of getting hammered, he for some strange reason kept bowling short and that too not quick short balls. Easy hit me balls. Towards the end he bowled some good wide yorkers and slower balls. When he bowls in the early 140's, his slower balls are that much more effective. He should go back to doing what got him selected. Sad to see him go down like this. 

Even if he gets kicked out ,he wont understand one bit why was he kicked out

He goes through the motion, that's what defines him,strange things happened to him after that notorious Hongkong game in last Asia cup

Edited by Suhaan

He seems mentally shot - looks veryconfused, like Pant and Rahul, unsure of his game, his own strengths and in the process tries too many things. Compare his bowling to how he bowled in IPL - with lot more intelligence, perhaps because he was mentally relaxed.

What was pathetic to see was when he was being hit, there was no one he could talk to. Expected better from Rohit at that stage but was good to see him persist with his bowler. Most likely, Khaleel has played his last match for India for sometime. A stint in domestic cricket and A side will be great for him. Bowl lots of overs in Ranji Trophy, get better, fitter and stronger and then comeback.