Warner and Smith axed from IPL 2018

3 hours ago, Moochad said:

Not sure why BCCI has to get involved???

Who will be the replacement players for SRH and RR

I guess SRH could sign Guptill, good T20 opener to replace Warner

RR could maybe get Root or Eoin Morgan. 

PR issue. They can't afford the bad publicity.

57 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Guptill scored a T20 ton in last T20 series he played. He is in very good T20 form.

Why would K11P get replacement.

i meant for middle order for RR, klaasen is a good choice.  Guptill/ronchi or even kusal perera are decent prospects for either RR or SRH

For KXIP i'm just hopeful they rope in klaasen from a fan's point of view,  i think klasen in the middle order is likely to have more impact than miller.

12 hours ago, rkt.india said:

huge overreaction by CA and now BCCI.  

over-reaction is warranted from their perspective. Australian cricket board is one of the board is supposed to set an example for other teams. Unfair practices need punishment that set an example for others. Now they know. Even Smith , Warner were not spared. So we shouldn't do this.

4 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

over-reaction is warranted from their perspective. Australian cricket board is one of the board is supposed to set an example for other teams. Unfair practices need punishment that set an example for others. Now they know. Even Smith , Warner were not spared. So we shouldn't do this.

Who made them the custodian?  This argument is almost like USA is a beacon of liberty and freedom for the rest of the world. 

17 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Only reason they took a tough stand is huge cry from Australians and their hypocrisy being exposed. Not because they want to set an example for the rest of the teams. Does anyone seriously believe only three people knew about it. Does anyone believe it was the first time like Smith said? Had they really been honest in their investigation?

1 hour ago, Pollack said:

Only reason they took a tough stand is huge cry from Australians and their hypocrisy being exposed. Not because they want to set an example for the rest of the teams. Does anyone seriously believe only three people knew about it. Does anyone believe it was the first time like Smith said? Had they really been honest in their investigation?

Well unless we know for sure we cannot speculate. Now all teams will have to follow this. A series, test win will last in the history forever. So unfair practices should be exposed and punished. John Lever used vaseline in 1977. Now 41 years gone by. Still they are doing this. Because there is not enough punishment.

2 hours ago, Pak_cric said:

I wonder if PSL will pursue them now lolll

Cause they now know that they can make them cheat for money? :biggrin:

I joke, I joke, PSL's doing a fine job on cracking down on cheats.

RR has a good replacement captain, who will it be for SRH? Can't think that Dawhan will make a good captain. They have 3 international captains in the team atm and I personally think that K Williamson should be their new leader.