Hardik Pandya and KL Rahul suspended pending inquiry for their comments in Koffee with Karan

51 minutes ago, maniac said:

Pandya is not the high society types. Most Indian middle class is conservative and finds that weird. I think you hangout with the big shots but ground realities is different.

Then kudos to his family to be so open.....big societies are bunch of hypocrites as well. 

they are weird thats their problem .

I hangout with whomever doesnt change that i also come from a middle class family n was bought in Chandigarh a conservative city . But i took it upon me to have discussion regd these atleast from my to next generation. Why to follow being like how old generation was. Trust me bigshots are also humans most of them are conservative as anything.

Him sharing his views of checking out a women doesnt change the reality that all men checkout women in that or even more secual ways. Truth remains same and if we are having a problem with that we are a bunch of softies. This aint the 1st incidence as wehave lost our sense of humuor. We cant take a joke, opinion....whats wrong with us. Really does these thing are going to change our lives upside down ...or some serious problems 

and if its awkward then bloody change- stop saying hum to aise hi hai

As I said a parent talking to his teenage kid about sex is different from asking his kid how many guys/gals he/she banged.

Why cant parents be friends i have seen many parents acting as friends 

Anyways India has a problem with STD’s and here is a guy who is boasting about casual sex like it is business as usual.

Most guys do yaar .....we all knw such a guy in our lives big deal . Its come to point that his career is getting harmed

Afridi got away with 2 match ban for biting the ball 

Even in advanced cultures, sure consensual sex between 2 adults before marriage is fine, however no one thinks promiscuous sex is acceptable behavior. 

no one shud have any problem with conseual sex btw anyone be it after marriage or before.  

1 hour ago, maniac said:

Anyways India has a problem with STD’s and here is a guy who is boasting about casual sex like it is business as usual.

Even in advanced cultures, sure consensual sex between 2 adults before marriage is fine, however no one thinks promiscuous sex is acceptable behavior. 

Too many assumptions. As they say when you ASSUME, you make an ASS out of U and ME. 

There is no reason to believe that guys, esp. who earn in top bracket and hang out with those who are seeking to have fun too, are not careful. In Ind, “teen like behaviour” can start in the 20s as that is when people begin to move out on their own. Neither Pandya nor KL is proclaimed as a role model (it is just that ppl don’t care much about how they live their personal lives and shows such as KWK)

Edited by zen
17 hours ago, beetle said:

So?

As a woman cricketer of some repute and coming from a time when everything was far more discriminatory for women, she must have faced the discrimination and that is what she has spoken about.

Unless you believe that there has been no discrimination against women ever....( which I think  is quite possible ....look up the word red piller ) ,I don't understand why you are upset with what she has said based on her experience .

But for some one who equates being a women with a handicap....your argument fits .

Woman's cricket exists because Men's cricket financially subsidizes it. People turn up to watch the men's game.

Cricket is popular in India because of the Men cricketers.

FYI women's cricket was run by a separate board and was a dying game before BCCI assumed charge of it.

Dianda Edulji is a nobody in world cricket. No one would know her if she wasnot made a CoA member by SC.

Btw the Lodha reforms said that there should be a compulsory Players association, Edulji hasnot spoken a word on it. Wonder why.

She can be feminist as much as she wants, but bcci and Indian cricket cant be held hostage to her extreme feminist views.

4 hours ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Woman's cricket exists because Men's cricket financially subsidizes it. People turn up to watch the men's game.

Cricket is popular in India because of the Men cricketers.

FYI women's cricket was run by a separate board and was a dying game before BCCI assumed charge of it.

Dianda Edulji is a nobody in world cricket. No one would know her if she wasnot made a CoA member by SC.

Btw the Lodha reforms said that there should be a compulsory Players association, Edulji hasnot spoken a word on it. Wonder why.

She can be feminist as much as she wants, but bcci and Indian cricket cant be held hostage to her extreme feminist views.

of which ,  the first result  was reflected in the first one dayer itself. India could tire & wear out their main   fast  bowlers from not participating in the on going one day series and AUS was forced to play their 2nd category inexperienced set of bowlers .Thus we had a golden oppertunity of  winning a bilateral series in AUS for the first time along with a first ever test series win.For that Hardik was a must  in the playing eleven.Had he joined  Rohit when Dhoni(he too was a reason for losing the first match)  got out, we had every chance of winning the game and there by gaining the momentum for the rest of the series.Pandya too would have gained such valuable experience before we entered the world cup by playing all these games.So not only this AUS series is going to get affected, it is the world cup too. And there by the moods and happiness of lakhs and lakhs  of game loving fans across the nation too.All because of this feminist good for nothing parasite.

20 hours ago, Pollack said:

1. Mithali Raj issue wasn't Edulji vs Mithali per say. Her teammates and coach were annoyed with Mithali's indifferent attitude. Edulji and Powar seemed to form a good rapport with the rest of the Indian women team except Mithali. So Edulji was in favour of Powar and other teammates.

2.Again Indian women team barring Mithali clearly expressed their desire to have Powar as their coach. Powar being Edulji's favourite does not matter since women's team wanted Powar anyway.

3. She was not wrong what she said about Shastri. Kohli got what he wanted. So why not women team?  But she must understand two wrongs don't make right. Coach's selection shouldn't be Monopoly of players.

4. I don't why is she given so much importance. 

5. She is again not wrong here. 

TBH better get rid of her asap. But the points you list doesn't make any sense for throwing her out. Not just Edulji but Vinod Rai should also be thrown out. COA is not allowing smooth administration. BCCi should be the sole administrative body.

Dont feel obligated to support diana since she is from mumbai.

55 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Dont feel obligated to support diana since she is from mumbai.

If only you read my post properly. I do not support Edulji. Did not support her when she wanted Powar. I just pointed out the points you mentioned except for point no 2 aren't the proper reasons why she should be thrown out since she seems to be right in most of those. This COA crap is hindering proper administration. BCCI should take over solely.

Don't feel obligated to hate Diana since she is from Mumbai.

The war of words between Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI)Committee of Administrators comprising Diana Edulji and Vinod Rai has taken a turn for the worse. Their sparring, over the KL Rahul and Hardik Pandya inquiry, has now come to such a pass that the BCCI members have called for a Special General Meeting (SGM) to appoint an Ombudsman, primarily because Edulji and Rai refuse to be on the same page. The SGM is supposedly an outcome of Diana Edulji raising questions over Vinod Rai's partial reliance on the new BCCI constitution. However, Rai, in an e-mail to Diana Edulji, which was exclusively accessed by NDTV, has made himself clear that he doesn't wish to partake in any process that goes against the Supreme Court order. The SGM meeting is scheduled for January 17.

"In my view, the CoA is duty bound to follow the new constitution and what you are suggesting is neither in consonance with the constitution nor is it as per the legal advice received. It cannot be the case that we follow legal advice only when we consider it, "justifiable". I can't be party to this decision and process. In the circumstances, please go ahead with your suggestion. You and AS (acting secretary) please conduct the inquiry. I cannot be a party to such an inquiry as I will not go against a Supreme Court direction/constitution. Also please note that since you do not want to follow the suggestion of legal to have an 'ad hoc ombudsman your suggestion runs the risk of your committee being 'judge, jury and executioner'. Please go ahead and take it forward. I will keep away and leave it to you," Rai wrote.

Replying to Rai's mail, Edulji wrote, "CoA can't be duty bound in selected matters and that's what I have been highlighting all through, that we should act as per the rules and regulatons being the new constituton at all times. Your point of not going against a Supreme Court Direction / Constitution is what I have been time and again warning about as you have acted against the Supreme Court Direction/Constitution in the matter of Women's team Head Coach where a committee was appointed inspite of CAC being there and also in the case of sexual harassment matter of Rahul Johri, you unilaterally appointed the independent committee which is not as per the Constiution and I had opposed for that also. Your point of “your committee being 'judge, jury and executioner” is exactly what you followed and did in the sexual harassment case, which I had opposed and you took the decisions unilaterally. My point of having a legal view in players matter was only to take a informed and correct decision. As there is no provision for appointment of an ad hoc ombudsman as per the new Constitution we cannot go ahead with that. As the SC hearing is scheduled for 17th Jan, let the court be informed about this situation and let an Ombudsman be appointed by the court instead of taking a wrong step of appointing the ad hoc ombudsman, which is not as per the new constitution."

Earlier on Saturday, Diana Edulji had warned Vinod Rai of any "cover up" in the inquiry. Moreover, Edulji has also objected to BCCI CEO Rahul Johri taking up the preliminary inquiry into the matter.
In Edulji's e-mail accessed by Times of India, which was in response to Vinod Rai's mail over expediting the inquiry process, it was mentioned that the CoA might end up getting criticised if Rahul Johri conducts the preliminary inquiry, because he himself has been at the receiving end of "grave sexual allegations." Edulji had further elaborated that any hurry in getting the inquiry done will come across as a cover up job. She insists the inquiry should be done by the CoA along with the three BCCI office-bearers.

https://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/hardik-pandya-kl-rahul-inquiry-diana-edulji-vinod-rai-at-war-again-bcci-members-call-for-special-gen-1977485?pfrom=home-topscroll

Even though the punishment that Rai suggested (2 ODIs) is harsh, he seems to be a very diplomatic chap. Edulji on the other hand is some character and maybe wants some lashes or prison term.

Edited by Clarke
23 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Sue for what? Their contracts have not been revoked. Their assignments has been taken off. They can't sue BCCI just now.

Unfair treatment. Not a equal opportunity employer. I remember Kohli and Rohit doing MC BC with reporter/fans. Was that less of a issue. 

Which specific code they were trained on and still broke? Edulji madam tell please?

50 minutes ago, mishra said:

Unfair treatment. Not a equal opportunity employer. I remember Kohli and Rohit doing MC BC with reporter/fans. Was that less of a issue. 

Which specific code they were trained on and still broke? Edulji madam tell please?

If that's the case then each and every player would be questioning their selection/non-selection in court.

12 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

If that's the case then each and every player would be questioning their selection/non-selection in court.

Its not selection or non selection. Its unbiased, unfair treatment. They are dropped for non cricketing reason, and punsihed without any guideline.

"Please be assured that the desire to conduct the inquiry is not a desire to 'cover up'. The interest of cricket in India has to be kept in mind. The off the ground act of the players was deplorable. It was crass as I said immediately after reading the comments," Rai wrote.
"It is our responsibility to reprimand them, take corrective action, sensitise them of their misdemeanour and then get them back on to the ground once they have suffered the consequences," he said.

The former CAG stated in his mail that players have been "shamed" after being recalled from an international tour, the ongoing ODI series against Australia, and principles of natural justice demands that they be heard.

"We have shamed them by recalling them from an ongoing tour. We have suspended them from further games. We need to correct them and not bring their career to a cul de sac by indefinitely delaying a decision. These misdemeanours require swift action, with a corrective approach," he added.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/news/pandya-rahul-tender-unconditional-apology-bcci-members-demand-sgm/articleshow/67526692.cms

Rai uncle seems to understand the situation. If only he had the spine to stand up to a feminist.

Chalo jaldi case close karo. 

Edited by Clarke
21 hours ago, rtmohanlal said:

Yes.... when can't defend with words ...would resort to  'crap,bakwaas'  etc etc ....I know it....

Ohh. yes ...here it comes again .... a highly promising youngster's  career now lies in turmoils .....GOD knows as to whether he can fully recover from this .So a 'good for nothing'  from your species(assume you are a female) can destroy the career of a young talented  male cricketer.But we males can't respond .Isn't it?Let me tell you one thing ... it is not   Hardik' alone  whose moods  this fraud has managed  to destroy , it is also the moods of several ardent fans like me who has high hopes on him too. Just can't imagine that he is going to miss 8 matches or so in AUS & NZL. So will react sharply even  if you like it or not.

Someone seems to be really angry with women. Underlying issues?