Vande Express damaged

Texy

What's new or news about this ? Jaahiliyat is a birth right, said every nth desi parent.

There were reports of equipment being damaged in premium trains like Tejas express on the first run. This is from passengers paying 2-3k per ticket. 

Karachi bakery had to issue a public message about it's Indian-ness.

Basic fault in our upbringing.

We keep on harping about our culture,family value etc etc but no one teaches the children basic civic sense. That is too much to ask because for that parents , elders etc will also have to show some civic sense.

The railway police should be given arms and told to shoot arse***** who throw stones at trains. Useless people are of no use to the country ...besides they are no better than stone pelters in kashmir.

Goli maron in logon ko!

We have one of the worst civic sense in the world. I have seen well educated old people walking their foreign dogs but they let them **** outside other people's compound. I'm sure they won't do it outside their own compound. I have seen well educated people riding their bikes over platforms because they started late. Well educated on schools but have no civic sense. Moral science and civic sense must be a part of the syllabus for the entirety of school and college. SL and Ban are no way in terms of growth of India. But they don't **** in their streets as much as Indians do.

But that stone pelting though. It seems some opposition goons who might have been part of this.

34 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

We have one of the worst civic sense in the world. I have seen well educated old people walking their foreign dogs but they let them **** outside other people's compound. I'm sure they won't do it outside their own compound. I have seen well educated people riding their bikes over platforms because they started late. Well educated on schools but have no civic sense. Moral science and civic sense must be a part of the syllabus for the entirety of school and college. SL and Ban are no way in terms of growth of India. But they don't **** in their streets as much as Indians do.

But that stone pelting though. It seems some opposition goons who might have been part of this.

Ban and SL are also monocultural societies, so there is a strong sense of community. 

I'm trying to understand how did we become so apathetic to the most basic things? 

Edited by MechEng

5 hours ago, R!TTER said:

We should be relegated to a 4th world shithole, I'm sure people of Sub Saharan Africa won't do these kinds of things! Heck we see it every day, someone scratches your brand new car or 2 wheeler when it's parked, how common is that?

15 hours ago, Texy said:

wow really surprised to see Somalian streets cleaner than Indian streets

I just came back from India last month. Indian streets especially in Mumbai and Surat are pretty clean. Much cleaner than some parts of NYC suburbs. It's the idiot people who pollute even garbage cans are only two feet away. Bastards. Their mentality will never change.

1 hour ago, Laaloo said:

I just came back from India last month. Indian streets especially in Mumbai and Surat are pretty clean. Much cleaner than some parts of NYC suburbs. It's the idiot people who pollute even garbage cans are only two feet away. Bastards. Their mentality will never change.

Same here. I used some small train stations around Bangalore. They are so clean and the train/reservation status is available electronically on demand for all commuters. There were golf cart services in Yeshwantpur for a small fee. It will help old and disabled to go till the carriages. But, it takes much more to change peoples' mindset about cleanliness. Govt can only do so much. This is the huge difference this govt has done in 5 years, but still people are so impatient .. what has he done in 5 years ? 

Still elections are won on dole-outs and freebies. Sad story. The people will get the government it deserves. 

On 2/24/2019 at 7:27 AM, FischerTal said:

im sure this is govt failure too. how could govt stop unknown miscreants from pelting stones next to a rail track? peoples mindset is messed up. i wouldn't be surprised if they were opposition party paid workers who did this too.

Oh this is very basic issue. I remember when we were in primary school, once or twice a month train used to pass the railway track at the time we left school.

What as kids we did. We picked small pebbles/coin and put it on track, And occasianlly few kids will throw stone at the train.

Not any malice, but just the fun off it. So best thing is, make locals aware and schools aware

Traversing via train through Bihar on Holi day is something :facepalm:. Done that twice in my life and both times our coach was pelted, once the window was cracked by a projectile and the other occasion a bag filled with stones and gobar made its way into the compartment :((. Sure this is a pan India problem but UP/Bihar deserves special mention. Also a challenge for you guys, if you have the stomach for a dare (like Fear Factor task) at least once in your life travel in the Howrah-Raxaul Express, must be the filthiest travelling vehicle in the history of humanity. Don't want to go into details but life was hard a few years back. I am so glad to move away from that part of India and study/work in South India...but sadly even these parts are getting worse due to unsustainable immigration. No civic sense, apathy towards cleanliness...latkhor qaum we Indians. 

Edited by Gollum

2 hours ago, Laaloo said:

To add to your point, Jamnagar and Rajkot are a lot cleaner than most places I saw in New Jersey.