All jokes, and fan banter aside..

I6MTW

27 minutes ago, maniac said:

IPL is shady with financials and has a lot of betting no doubt absolutely but over the top to call every game and moment as fixed.

Well even if every game is not fixed and scripted(probably in order to not be too obvious and transparent, not to get caught). It seems quite certain a majority of then are. Especially these finals and knockout matches which generate a lot of audience and revenue. The fans who are hooked on will obviously eagerly wait for IPL to start next season and the cycle goes on, in order to maintain interest and ratings. 

33 minutes ago, maniac said:

IPL is shady with financials and has a lot of betting no doubt absolutely but over the top to call every game and moment as fixed.

IPL financials might be shady , but i dont think they need to fix/script the game to make it more interesting ..

infact it would have helped IPL even more if DC or kings won this IPL

If that's the case, why doesn't every IPL final end in a last ball finish lol...thing is T20 is a dynamic format which has lots of twists & turns. Just look at the last T20 World Cup..imagine if that India-Bangla match happened in IPL? Pretty sure everyone would be going OTT with fixing claims. Same thing with final where Braithwaite hit those 4 sixes...that's the thing with T20s. It's just way too unpredictable. Moreover, first appreciate the bowling man...Malinga just didn't give Watson, Jadeja any loose ball in final over...he just executed it perfectly. It was excellent death bowling from MI fast bowlers that won them the match. 

Just think logically for a second, cricket is a sport where if you wanna fix something, then almost majority of the players need to be part of it. Most of the players involved in this match are high profile Indian & international players. These are players who already earn ton of money and also have big legacy. Why would they even want to risk all of it just for fixing a match? It sounds extremely dumb even on IPL part if even just one of the player comes out lol. There might be spot fixing here & there in cricket but the notion that these matches are fixed is just stupidity imo...especially high profile tournaments like this. Also, if I am IPL president or anything, I would rather fix it to have some new teams like say RCB vs DC/RR in final than have MI vs CSK lol.

We have decent number of close finishes due to the nature of format and the fact that most of these teams are lot more evenly matched.

Edited by upriser7

21 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

If that's the case, why doesn't every IPL final end in a last ball finish lol...thing is T20 is a dynamic format which has lots of twists & turns. Just look at the last T20 World Cup..imagine if that India-Bangla match happened in IPL? Pretty sure everyone would be going OTT with fixing claims. Same thing with final where Braithwaite hit those 4 sixes...that's the thing with T20s. It's just way too unpredictable. Moreover, first appreciate the bowling man...Malinga just didn't give Watson, Jadeja any loose ball in final over...he just executed it perfectly. It was excellent death bowling from MI fast bowlers that won them the match. 

Just think logically for a second, cricket is a sport where if you wanna fix something, then almost majority of the players need to be part of it. Most of the players involved in this match are high profile Indian & international players. These are players who already earn ton of money and also have big legacy. Why would they even want to risk all of it just for fixing a match? It sounds extremely dumb even on IPL part if even just one of the player comes out lol. There might be spot fixing here & there in cricket but the notion that these matches are fixed is just stupidity imo...especially high profile tournaments like this. Also, if I am IPL president or anything, I would rather fix it to have some new teams like say RCB vs DC/RR in final than have MI vs CSK lol.

We have decent number of close finishes due to the nature of format and the fact that most of these teams are lot more evenly matched.

I think it wouldn't really be prudent or possible to make every ball last ball finishes, that would yield tremendous amount of suspicion even from diehard fans. They can make a good majority of the matches last over ones. 

I agree t20 format is a very unpredictable one, but there is a higher amount of consistency in choking, taking it to the last over/ball, too much drama etc in this particular league.

Also I really think players have no say, or just don't care about what happens as long as they enjoy and earn. IPL is like a carnival for them.

As for why not make other teams win from a business perspective, well the main aim was to hype up MI vs CSK which has two largest fan bases, they're even calling it EL classico of IPL, where the two teams are in contention almost every season . Im pretty sure there will be new winners on odd occasions, like SRH and KKR prev seasons, but MI-CSK rivalry is selling big time. 

Well this year's final was almost a similar repeat of 2017 final, where Pune lost by one run when being in a similar advantageous position. Same thing happened here. 

Plus another thing which I still don't get is MI wins every other year(2013,15,17,19) but either fails to qualify/just barely scrapes thru doing absolutely nothing the next season. 

I mean how is that possible every time. Surely there seems to be a patrern. If next year also they fail to deliver, then the evidence will support my hypothesis.

Now this is just a theory posted by me, I believe there might be hands involved. I am not certain , it's just a belief that I have. I could be wrong also , but with every passing IPL game, I grow cynical.

I’ve been saying this for many seasons now... Ways to get desired results is to assign tasks & targets to few players of both team...

1) Toss: One team captain is told to elect to bat first if he wins the toss or the opposition captain will field first if wins the toss.

2) Based on the team chasing a “reasonable” target is given to the team batting first which is suitable of team chasing. For example 150 runs and below always suits CSK. 

3) Batsmen getting out playing lose shots. Tonight’s Rohit’s wicket is an example. Raina, Rayudu wickets were suspect...

4) Catch Drops: Tonight’s drop by Raina was very suspect . He rarely drops catches... The drops by MalingA & Chahar...

5) Umpiring: You know the standard of Umpiring ...

6) Inexplicable batting order decided by captain

7) in explicable field placements by captain...

3 hours ago, asterix said:

I’ve been saying this for many seasons now... Ways to get desired results is to assign tasks & targets to few players of both team...

1) Toss: One team captain is told to elect to bat first if he wins the toss or the opposition captain will field first if wins the toss.

2) Based on the team chasing a “reasonable” target is given to the team batting first which is suitable of team chasing. For example 150 runs and below always suits CSK. 

3) Batsmen getting out playing lose shots. Tonight’s Rohit’s wicket is an example. Raina, Rayudu wickets were suspect...

4) Catch Drops: Tonight’s drop by Raina was very suspect . He rarely drops catches... The drops by MalingA & Chahar...

5) Umpiring: You know the standard of Umpiring ...

6) Inexplicable batting order decided by captain

7) in explicable field placements by captain...

All these things are happening in cricket much before IPL was here. 99 wc SF SA vs Aus, Gibbs dropping Steve Waugh would have been the biggest moment of fixing for you?

10 hours ago, I6MTW said:

Oh really? What about the last ball no ball by malinga against RCB? Or the 7 ball over by one of the umpires in an MI match this season?

I can name many umpiring decisions which are shady,. But forget that, even malinga was smiling after he bowled the no ball. 

Then what about those sudden chokes out of nowhere where a team loses 5-6 wickets in 3-4 overs? That happened quite a few times. 

First of all I am not a hardcore CSK fan, I only supoort them because I'm from Chennai, tbh I rather wanted Delhi, or Punjab to qualify and win this season. 

The point is almost every single match has gone down to the wire. 

Now I am not sure how other t20 league matches are, but in international matches you wont have majority of the matches going down to the wire. It's either straightforward win or lose, MOST of the time. There are close finishes of course they happen from time to time, but not to the level of IPL, nothing so shady or suspicious as this.

All of these things have happened in international cricket so what are you blabbering about? Can you show me the lvel % of international vs ipl

44 minutes ago, CSK Fan said:

All of these things have happened in international cricket so what are you blabbering about? Can you show me the lvel % of international vs ipl

Have you seen bowlers bowling wide leg side full tosses(more than once), during the last over of a match while a team is chasing in international cricket? The match I am referring is the RR vs MI match 2014 , where 190 was chased in 14 overs. First they didn't get to the target withing the required deliveries, then the umpires and officials said, if MI hits a boundary of the next ball, they will qualify. In that ball, the bowler(idk who it was, I think Faulkner iirc) bowled a wide leg side full toss(he did it more than once in that over), and aditya tare smashed it for six. It was such a delivery that even a hack like Tare could not mess it up. And on top of that the bowler was smiling after bowling those full tosses. 

And how else would you explain a team qualifying and winning a tournament every other year , then fail to qualify the forthcoming year? I.e MI 2013, 15, 17,19. And the in 14,16,18 they didn't quakify or barely managed to(2014). 

There has to be decision making involved in some level. I really don't think it's just players involvement that decides the games.

Is it possible for a  batsmen to hit Sixes,  fours at will and for bowlers to bowl exactly at the right spot like a Yorker for desired result anytime they want ?  

Tim Southee has such a great control over his bowling that he will bowl according to fixers plan to allow Russel to hit exactly 29 runs in the over and Russel is a genius who will seal the deal from his end by hitting sixes a few of which just cross the boundary by inches?  Are these players some SuperHumans to deliver at such precise and accurate levels?  

You can suspect an opening  batsman  of fixing if let's say in a chase of 180+ he pretends to struggle at the top and scores 20 (30) which makes the equation easier for the bowling side but to say that a batsman is capable of hitting four sixes at will in the last over just to take the match to the last ball and then choke is just absurd. 

Edited by rageaddict

2 hours ago, I6MTW said:

Have you seen bowlers bowling wide leg side full tosses(more than once), during the last over of a match while a team is chasing in international cricket? The match I am referring is the RR vs MI match 2014 , where 190 was chased in 14 overs. First they didn't get to the target withing the required deliveries, then the umpires and officials said, if MI hits a boundary of the next ball, they will qualify. In that ball, the bowler(idk who it was, I think Faulkner iirc) bowled a wide leg side full toss(he did it more than once in that over), and aditya tare smashed it for six. It was such a delivery that even a hack like Tare could not mess it up. And on top of that the bowler was smiling after bowling those full tosses. 

And how else would you explain a team qualifying and winning a tournament every other year , then fail to qualify the forthcoming year? I.e MI 2013, 15, 17,19. And the in 14,16,18 they didn't quakify or barely managed to(2014). 

There has to be decision making involved in some level. I really don't think it's just players involvement that decides the games.

Faulkner hitting Ishant for 30 runs in Mohali was also fixed in India vs Aus ODI?

OP is a big CSK fan. This thread wouldn't exist had CSK won the finals. He has gripe about MI winning every alternate years to prove matches being fixed but has no gripe about CSK reaching playoffs every year even with crap teams. :cantstop:

I agree with him. IPL is fixed to somehow make CSK which has a large fanbase to reach the finals.Considering they choke a lot in finals I wonder how they manage to reach the finals with even a crap team.

Edited by Pollack