Kuldeep Yadav looks mentally shot and done.

I think he is done. It will take a long time to

come out of this. Also if you can’t take a few bad days then you don’t belong at the highest level any ways. Chahal as mediocre as a cricketer he is in batting and fielding, has great mental strength and is much equipped at this level.

I hope he doesn't go the Rahul Sharma route. Rahul Sharma was thrashed by Chris Gayle for 31 runs(5 consc. Sixes in an over) in an ipl match, after that he was never the same. It Ruined his career . Damaged his confidence and he was a totally different bowler.

7 hours ago, I6MTW said:

I hope he doesn't go the Rahul Sharma route. Rahul Sharma was thrashed by Chris Gayle for 31 runs(5 consc. Sixes in an over) in an ipl match, after that he was never the same. It Ruined his career . Damaged his confidence and he was a totally different bowler.

No sir, fixing ruined his career.

8 hours ago, Clarke said:

The times u wish every brainfart shouldn't end up as a new thread :bebored:

True that is equivalent of a “perceived” clever and smart Alec comment unfortunately wasted after missing the context.

Edited by maniac

He broke down after the tonking in the IPL and was seen getting counseling from DK. Sure people have their meltdowns on an off day but He apparently continued getting  counseling from guys like Dhoni,Rohit,Kohli etc. after getting tonked in the IPL.  that doesn’t show great mental strength.

Now even this game he looked over eager to pick wickets and didn’t seem his usual confident self. He was mediocre which can once again be attributed to a bad day when the team itself was getting their ass handed. Clearly his desperation and over eagerness was visible.

Hope he bounces back but didn’t expect him to be a mental midget. In fact Chahal has surprised me with his mental strength relatively speaking

If performances just on your bad days/patch were an indication then Kohli would be another midget after his horror show in England or Aus at home last time they toured. Heck even the greatest spinner ever has had his bad days, if not for the WC SF he'd have retired not being half the legend he ended up as :bebored:

During the innings break at Edgbaston, Warne told his team-mates that if they lost, some of them would never play for Australia again. In case anyone hadn't been paying attention, he said it a second time. "I'd had a hunch for a week or two that, when we got knocked out of the Cup, Shane was going to follow through on his previous mumblings about retirement," said Ponting in At the Close of Play. "And I wasn't the only one thinking this."

http://www.thecricketmonthly.com/story/1176611/the-unimprovable-game

The guy already bowled an ATG spell against England last year FFS :facepalm:

1184672_900x559.png&w=570&format=jpg

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/26771757/best-odi-batting-bowling-performances-all

We know @maniac is a big panauti. So happy now kuldeep will do well. Thank you maniac.

On a serious note, i am not worried. IPL and an odd warm up match after a bad IPL. Not to read much. He will be fine. Just one spell away from getting back to rhythm again.