Kuldeep Yadav looks mentally shot and done.

Just now, G_B_ said:

There is no mystery about him anymore. Batsman know gimme ball is around the corner. 

Good chance will not get a bowl tomorrow. 

Needs to go back and (a) ensure he does not give that gimme ball. (b) develops a new type of ball.

Otherwise its going to be a rather short career.

Goes to show how tough it is to stay at the top, and how fine the line is between making it big and falling by the wayside. Constantly progress, add to your repertoire, adapt, or you're out.  Gives more appreciation of the guys who play 50+ tests.  Hope Kuldeep can figure it out soon.  The talent is there for sure.  

On 2/6/2020 at 7:29 PM, putrevus said:

Don't include Pandya , he is just a bits and pieces player who was a right fit till Dhoni was here, unless Pandya becomes number 6 he is a useless addition to this team in long run.

Rahul unless he is keeping is useless to team in odis.You were clamoring about his increased SR , thats why I said let us revisit after 75 odis. That means he needs to play good enough to be part of the team for 75 odis.

Pant is not good enough to play 75 odis as of now, if it changes we will revisit the issue.Don't mix up things.

By your yardstik , Virat should be the first who should be booted out of the team ..hasnt played one useful knock in years now be it tests or LOIs . 

Give him time guys.  I am okay as long as his landing is spot on.  So far he has done a decent job despite being handed a super old ball to him.  He can spin the ball both ways. Extract bounce. Chinaman bowlers are very rare and unique breed. We should nurture him and continue backing him. You cannot expect Axar to do well everywhere in the world. But you can back Kuldeep. 

Kuldeep will be good in bouncy tracks with hint of spin. There u need more revolutions on the ball than speed. In Indian tracks where there is slow spin you need darters like Axar n Jaddu which will make the ball fizz off the track. For eg Nadeem is a poor mans version of Pragyan Ojha who was taken apart in 2012. 

Kuldeep will be ideally suited for 3 indian tracks:

Dharmsala : he showed it already 

Mohali

Eden Gardens

13 hours ago, neel roy said:

Kuldeep will be good in bouncy tracks with hint of spin. There u need more revolutions on the ball than speed. In Indian tracks where there is slow spin you need darters like Axar n Jaddu which will make the ball fizz off the track. For eg Nadeem is a poor mans version of Pragyan Ojha who was taken apart in 2012. 

Mohali

Eden Gardens

Agree- mumbai pitch will suit him too with the red soil bounce . 

13 hours ago, G_B_ said:

See biggest issue is trust of kohli.

He was the least bowled bowler in the first innings and yet to bowl in the second.

It's almost as if it he is an after thought when axar and ashwin are tired.

Kuldeep imo needs a proper county stint.

Issue with County stint is it County cricket starts in June and ends in Sep. Prime time for white ball international cricket for india along with tests is also that time. When will he get a stint. Pujara Ishant could play intl cricket as they are neither selected for LOIs or IPL

39 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

A proper captain as well. how come this guy supports one chump & just doesn't support a potentially (great) much much better leggie :hmpf:

Image result for chahal

Tbh whenever I have seen Kuldeep getting smashed in ODIs & Chahal playing as well...  Chahal is the one that gets absolutely destroyed...  Absolute caranage. 

Joburg pink game..  Safe to say Kuly did well with a wet ball & picked two wickets but Chahal got absolutely belted by Phelku & Klasssen & we lost the game.  I was literally fuming at that game. 

Then there was a T20 in SL where chahal got smashed 10 RPO & Kuly went for 5RPO

Then the WC game vs England where Chahal was butchered by Roy & co..  Kuly was thrashed as well but he in comparison he was cheap & picked the big wicket of Roy as well. 

In my opinion Chahal vs Kuldeep contest is a no brainer & Kuldeep wins hands down. 

No surprise he has a better ODI & T20 record compared to skinny bi**

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

Tbh whenever I have seen Kuldeep getting smashed in ODIs & Chahal playing as well...  Chahal is the one that gets absolutely destroyed...  Absolute caranage. 

Joburg pink game..  Safe to say Kuly did well with a wet ball & picked two wickets but Chahal got absolutely belted by Phelku & Klasssen & we lost the game.  I was literally fuming at that game. 

Then there was a T20 in SL where chahal got smashed 10 RPO & Kuly went for 5RPO

Then the WC game vs England where Chahal was butchered by Roy & co..  Kuly was thrashed as well but he in comparison he was cheap & picked the big wicket of Roy as well. 

In my opinion Chahal vs Kuldeep contest is a no brainer & Kuldeep wins hands down. 

No surprise he has a better ODI & T20 record compared to skinny bi**

Kuldeep being a chinaman bowler brings the ball in to the batsman as a stock ball. More like a offspinner spinning with wrists instead of fingers. Whereas chahal takes it away. So thats the reason he is preferred as this drastically increases chances of getting batsman out when they step out if chahal can dupe them with his guile..

1 hour ago, neel roy said:

Kuldeep being a chinaman bowler brings the ball in to the batsman as a stock ball. More like a offspinner spinning with wrists instead of fingers. Whereas chahal takes it away. So thats the reason he is preferred as this drastically increases chances of getting batsman out when they step out if chahal can dupe them with his guile..

It's quite weird if they actually think this way..  As Kuldeep does have that Googly to take the ball away from RHB...  Babar Azam dismissal in Asia Cup game 1 where he was completely bamboozled by Kuly's googly & it went away from him. 

Chahal's weakness is his lack of a even half a decent googly..  He has good control of his length but he only has few variations..  He is worked out at least by international sides..  When he throws the ball away..  They wait for him.  Smith was absolutely toying with him & it wasn't even funny in Odis.  

They both have weakness but Chahal is way more limited & prone to genuine thrashings as we have seen with him.  

Kuldeep shockingly has terrific T20I numbers & his strongest format in my view. 

I think Ashwin is far more clever & effective in my view.  He was absolutely brilliant in IPl & I will take him over these two in T20s anyday of the week. 

Captain didn't bowl him till 41st over in a square turner. Despite that, he should have got 3 wickets - Root, if an easy chance hadn't been dropped plus Moeen and Foakes - 3 of England's best batsmen on this track.

Can anyone say that not giving him the ball for so long was not deliberate on the captain's part? Remember that in the morning Axar bowled a 7-0-23-0 spell

Anyways, hope Kuldeep is immediately released and allowed to play for UP in the VH trophy. Else, he will keep stagnating in such a stifling environment where the TM has no faith on him

Edited by ShoonyaSifar
21 hours ago, neel roy said:

Mohali

Eden Gardens

Darter who can consistently hit good lengths and turn ball both ways . Jadeja and axar have great accuracy. 

12 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Darter who can consistently hit good lengths and turn ball both ways . Jadeja and axar have great accuracy. 

Yes which Nadeem didnt have the speed. Pragyan Ojha would have been better than Jadeja if only he had the speed. His guile his bowling stride was one of the best I have seen. Ojha would have easily got 250 wickets if India had defeated England in 2012. Jadeja was an outcast then because of his floundering innings in world t20 and fracas during ipl where he himself made agreement to move teams and got banned. Then 2012 England happened and in last test he got picked, India drew it,and in came Australia for 4 test series. Jadeja picked up wickets with his accurate darts, Aus panicked led to homeworkgate..Watson got suspended (and it literally was the last nail

in his test career).. jadeja then got picked in Champions Trophy 2013 team and won the man of the match in the final and the rest they say is History:)

8 hours ago, neel roy said:

Yes which Nadeem didnt have the speed. Pragyan Ojha would have been better than Jadeja if only he had the speed. His guile his bowling stride was one of the best I have seen. Ojha would have easily got 250 wickets if India had defeated England in 2012. Jadeja was an outcast then because of his floundering innings in world t20 and fracas during ipl where he himself made agreement to move teams and got banned. Then 2012 England happened and in last test he got picked, India drew it,and in came Australia for 4 test series. Jadeja picked up wickets with his accurate darts, Aus panicked led to homeworkgate..Watson got suspended (and it literally was the last nail

in his test career).. jadeja then got picked in Champions Trophy 2013 team and won the man of the match in the final and the rest they say is History:)

Ojha was a chucker.

Kuly was very good, now hope they play him in 4th test and get him more involved in the game. Dunno about the T20s (Washi, R Chahar, Varun C...) but I want to see him feature in the ODI series as well, far better option than Chahal. 

Kuly had a smile throughout the test even when he didn't get the ball for long. Lovely attitude to have, he is our future (just 26!!!!) and we can't afford to lose him by the wayside. Ashwin has what another 3 years left in him, among the bowlers who bring the ball in to RHBs no better candidate than Kuly, so he can still have a long, continuous and fulfilling career. Lad has to improve his batting, he must see that Jaddu/Ash are so good with the ball but also capable with the bat......he may not reach that level as a batsman but he shouldn't become a mug as well. If he were talentless like Bumrah I wouldn't even bother but enough glimpses to conclude he has a reasonably high ceiling for a lower order bat.