In modern day cricket, it's OK to go for runs: Shardul Thakur

Cricwala

6 hours ago, Suhaan said:

227 रन लुटाने वाले गेंदबाज ने कहा- मैं जिताऊंगा टीम इंडिया को टी20 वर्ल्ड कप

https://hindi.news18.com/news/sports/cricket-shardul-thakur-says-he-can-help-india-to-win-t20-world-cup-in-australia-2872036.html

Just curious, why is it saying lootane instead of lootwane ? 

Honestly feel this guy feels all proud of himself after going below 15 RPO every time. Have observed this many times even during the IPL. And in the recent ODIs, he went for <10 per over. So, it's obvious that he's over the moon right now. Cut him some slack. :hitler:

The guy has set high standards for himself.  :hatsoff:

Edited by Norman
8 hours ago, Vilander said:

The former is voluntary. Lootane means he spent/lost it by his will. Say someone spending money in a club or brothel. Lootwane is someone who helps someone else to spend or lose their stuff. Or it can be involuntarily, like being forced to lose something themselves which they didnt want to

16 minutes ago, New guy said:

The former is voluntary. Lootane means he spent/lost it by his will. Say someone spending money in a club or brothel. Lootwane is someone who helps someone else to spend or lose their stuff. Or it can be involuntarily, like being forced to lose something themselves which they didnt want to

makes sense now

20 hours ago, Cricwala said:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/news/in-modern-day-cricket-its-ok-to-go-for-runs-shardul-thakur/articleshow/74185178.cms

"It is OK to go for runs. As a bowler, you can't end up bowling extraordinary spells every time you go out to bowl. The idea is that if I am going to go for 20 runs in a particular over, then I should be able to bring the runs down to 16, 14 or 15 in the next over."

"Certainly I have my eyes on World Cup. The positivity that I bring into the game and the amount of confidence I have, the way I am passionate about the game will help the team to win the World Cup or at least do the job fairly," 

:adore::laugh:

What was the question to/ context in which he made these bombastic comments?

That would be fun to know. 

8 hours ago, Vilander said:

lootana means something you have possession of and you spent ... lootwana is use for somehting which you don't have possession of like father's property and you spent it. In thakur's case you are right it should be lootwana.

I would atleast accept Umesh saying this. A typical fast bowler who rushes batsmen and takes wickets at the risk of leaking runs. Thakur bowls like Vinay Anderson Kumar and leaks runs like the great Ashok Lillee Dinda. Thakur gets garbage wickets at the end to get picked again. Repeat process. Somehow opposition keep giving him wickets as a strategy or just out of pity :no:

On 2/19/2020 at 4:45 PM, Sandeep99 said:

In modern day India, it's OK for 24 hour power cuts, Bose DK: Tata Power tagline

Edited by NameGoesHere
On 2/18/2020 at 2:03 PM, Cricwala said:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/news/in-modern-day-cricket-its-ok-to-go-for-runs-shardul-thakur/articleshow/74185178.cms

"It is OK to go for runs. As a bowler, you can't end up bowling extraordinary spells every time you go out to bowl. The idea is that if I am going to go for 20 runs in a particular over, then I should be able to bring the runs down to 16, 14 or 15 in the next over."

"Certainly I have my eyes on World Cup. The positivity that I bring into the game and the amount of confidence I have, the way I am passionate about the game will help the team to win the World Cup or at least do the job fairly," 

:adore::laugh:

he cannot play just as a pace bowler one out of three..but yes he can play if hardik pandya is not fit and he plays as an all rounder.

i feel he can improve his batting ..he is no where as good as hardik in batting but in bowling both are equally Bad.

For me , Dube is a poor bowler and Shardul is way better than DUBE the bowler.

Dube is a batsman who can bowl a bit and is not actually the PACE ALL rounder we need.

Closest to hardik today is Shardul...as a  replacement if hardik is unfit.