Pak has owned England

maniac

This isn’t a reactionary thread. Pakistan has prepared meticulously for this series.

Even if things go south for them in this test and series, I still stand by my statement that Pak team management and board has done a much better job than our team management in the last SENA cycle.

The issue runs deeper than silly jinxing and other crap.

Edited by maniac

2012 UAE Pak win 3-0*

2015 UAE Pak win 2-0

2016 2-2 draw in Eng

2018 1-1 draw in Eng

2020 Pak dominating T1

2017 CT SF ownage

2019 WC ownage

This isn't just about skills. Eng wins the useless JAMODIs but when it comes to the big stage....

In England pakistan has the right kind of attack only lacks experience

Afridi -Left arm seamer

Abbas- that nagging line length bowler in mould of asif, mcgrath even though 10-15k slower but moves the ball enough

Naseem- Raw pace 

2 leggies

Seaming all rounder sitting on bench if needed 

Perfect attack you want in england .

Previously also they had amir(young) n asif, akthar 

Their batsman dont like pace n bounce unlike ours so england is till better for them then australia . Asif, Shafiq , Masood , rizwan arent that kind of stroke players so they grind more. 

You have to keep in mind England themselves are a run of the mill test side. They lost a test match to more or less a club level team like WI, that underlines their mediocrity. 

It was pretty much understood if Pak batsmen can resist Eng bowlers, then their Eng batting could be exposed. 

And @Gollum nailed it about England's mental block against Poyz, I mean you are taking about a side that gets systematically dismantled in Aus/SA every tour and feels at home in England. I think Pakistan believe they can defeat England anytime they play.

Secondly, while you praise other teams you should not compare them to India, which historically has been a pedestrian team overseas. They have a rich history of abject surrenders abroad. Even when India has the so called best bowling unit ever, they still get blown away by tailenders pretty routinely.

Edited by SK_IH
2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Poyz has mental edge over NZ n ENG, our case is opposite 

NZ not anymore. Poyzz lost test series both at home and away last time they played them, the one in UAE they choked hard. In ODIs and T20s it was a wipeout in NZ and at one point (2018?) they had a run of 13 consecutive ODI losses against Kiwis.  

Sure they beat them in 2019 WC.....but 2011 WC, 2016 WT20 NZ crushed them in SC conditions. 

Pak had a mental edge till circa 2010, no longer the case. 

Different case with Eng. 

Focusing on this series - both teams are relatively inconsistent.  In theIr respective first inning, one team did well, other did not. In the 2nd inning (or in next test), the roles could reverse. 

Looking at Eng’s tendency to fight back and Pak’s to fold, I would not be surprised if Eng goes on to win this. Losing a test here and there is ok as long as a team can win the series. 

28 minutes ago, sandeep said:
  1. What does the A stand for in SENA (ANUS)? 
  2. Or the S?
  3. Please post the performances of India and Pak in S and A.  

Bharat ke sapoot , dear sipaahi, I am not comparing ind vs pak in SENA

I am talking about preparation. Look at how well they have prepared for this tour by practicing for over a month.

India is the no.1 ranked team, the fact that we are pointing towards WI and Pak which are low tier teams shows flaws with our management.

Not sure what is so complex here that went over your head.

Slow day cause of Friday or has it become the norm?

Its not only Babar or Shaheen where the majority hype was but each and every Pak player is looking million dollars. Their openers Abid & Shan is showing much better technique that our superstars or even Eng batters. So does their spinners and fast bowlers.

What changed?

1. Pak cricket team suddenly improved post lockdown?
  2. England playing poorly?
17 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Its not only Babar or Shaheen where the majority hype was but each and every Pak player is looking million dollars. Their openers Abid & Shan is showing much better technique that our superstars or even Eng batters. So does their spinners and fast bowlers.

What changed?

1. Pak cricket team suddenly improved post lockdown?
  2. England playing poorly?

Mental block re, bogey team....you can find such examples in every sport.

Edited by Gollum
2 hours ago, SK_IH said:

You have to keep in mind England themselves are a run of the mill test side. They lost a test match to more or less a club level team like WI, that underlines their mediocrity. 

It was pretty much understood if Pak batsmen can resist Eng bowlers, then their Eng batting could be exposed. 

And @Gollum nailed it about England's mental block against Poyz, I mean you are taking about a side that gets systematically dismantled in Aus/SA every tour and feels at home in England. I think Pakistan believe they can defeat England anytime they play.

Secondly, while you praise other teams you should not compare them to India, which historically has been a pedestrian team overseas. They have a rich history of abject surrenders abroad. Even when India has the so called best bowling unit ever, they still get blown away by tailenders pretty routinely.

They are playing in Birminghamabad Manchesteristan.

Real home is Leeds, Bradford Luton which is Pakistan outside Pakistan

I can't even rate player performances in Eng-Pak encounters, they make no sense, defy logic.

A team which allowed Aus to romp to 589/3 in the DN test (without major contribution by Smith, 127 overs, RR 4.63 :hysterical:), which hasn't come close to drawing a test in southern hemisphere for a whole decade, suddenly against Eng playing like an ATG team. 

Shan Masood has become Graeme Smith

Quicks have channeled the 80s WI spirit

Yasir has become Warne

Rizwan keeping/flying like Saha 

Shadab like Benaud/Shakib

Genius captaincy by Azhar

In 2018 rookies stunned Eng

In 2016 42 year old Misbah and 40 yo YK did what Sachin, Ponting, Lara, Viv etc. couldn't do in their late 30s

Less we talk about Eng the better

Catching, captaincy, energy....a club side will put this English side to shame. Root kept on giving overs to Bess who was bowling long hops or way outside leg, kept away Broad when the need was to dismiss them under 100. Bizarre all round, what the hell are we even watching? 

Edited by Gollum