Dean Jones passes away after cardiac arrest in Mumbai

Shocking loss. He was commenting this series and sudden cardiac arrest? I just heard his voice yesterday or day before :shock: Life is unpredictable. Dean Jones was a fun guy and was probably fun to commentate with. I'm sure those who commented with him are feeling it right now. Condolences to his family, friends and coworkers. Rest in peace.

7 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Shocking. 

He made the Dugout so much fun.  I remember him as a gun player from when I was a kid, with his signature lip balm look.  

RIP Deano, you were a good one.

Yeah When someone says Dean Jones the cricketer,I remember the lip balm look too and also the exciting wc 92 match where he was the reason why we lost and also a couple of games around the same time when Richie Benaud/Bill Lawry used to call him the best player of spin in Australia iirc every time he batted.

I don’t know if he played after that

Devastating news!

Deano was such a lovely player & one of the greats of the ODI game! He was an absolute treat to watch for his quick singles, aggression against the fastest of bowlers & athletic fielding/catching. & yes, that distinctive green zinc lip balm to the lower lip.

I recall watching part of his 210 on TV and what a testament was that to his spirit & never-say-die attitude, as he battled through in Chepauk's heat & humidity, despite repeated bouts of vomiting :hatsoff:

Despite some blunders as an analyst, he endeared himself especially as Professor (Thanks @Ankit_sharma03 for that image), but also in his various media/coaching roles in the sub continent

Thanks for the great memories, Prof! 

RIP!

6 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Remember his 210 in the Tied test in Sennai, when he was reported to have played with dehydration. vomiting on the pitch and stuff.

Great ODI cricketer. He had called Amla a terrorist and was banned from commentating for 2 years. Politically incorrect and an honest guy,

He was also one of the first to raise a voice against match fixing.