Kohli's absence: Blessing in disguise for India

6 minutes ago, Forever Indian said:

Kohli is and will be always a Average captain in Tests and Bad captain in LOIs. His LOIs captaincy we all know is down to him being bad at strategizing and various other reasons, but will give my thoughts on Tests for now.

Tests

Chopping and changing:

Kohli is someone who will take responsibility as a batsman and will expect other players and batsmen to do the same, which on the surface looks fine. But then Kohli doesn't realise that for players especially batsmen it is very important that they are not playing for their place each time they get on the field. It takes one ball and one lapse in concentration for a batsman to get out, atleast for bowlers you can come back after a bad spell. This is the main reason batsmen have suffered under his captaincy. It doesn't even take a Loss for Kohli to change teams, still remember for his first 34 or so tests as captain he never had same XI for consecutive tests meaning he was chopping and changing for each and every match. Kohli must remember if the same was done after a couple of failures for him where he would be now? He went full 10 innings without scoring anything in England and still not dropped. Whereas Kohli was dropping Pujara, Rahane, Vijay, Bhuvi, etc at their peak for some non-sensical reasons.

Not backing youngsters:

In his 7 years of captaincy there has been no notable backing of youngsters for any length of time. Instead we saw likes of Gambhir, Parthiv Patel, Harbhajan, etc. given chances when it was clear they were over the hill or not fit for the role. Other than Mayank Agarwal and Bumrah (who came bcos of LOIs) where are your youngsters? Even Mayank has been backed only because Dhawan was injured and he managed to score runs in his first tour otherwise we would have lost him as well. 

Team Preparation:

Pujara playing a blinder of a series in last Australia tour was because he took the initiative to play in County just before that series where the conditions were quite difficult. Even though he scored only one century in County it meant he had practised on tough overseas surfaces which made the challenge of Aussie pitches that much easier to handle. Now, our Captain thinks such practise games are a waste of time BECAUSE HE THINKS IT DOES NOT HELP HIM so he cancels them or makes them redundant for whole team. He cancelled the only practise game before SA tour and had only one redundant game before England tour and he still doesn't realise that just because he doesn't need them the rest of the Team should also be not given practise. He also skipped the Practise game before NZ tour earlier this year and surely he missed it as that showed in his failings.

These are the 3 key reasons even before they got the field how his Captaincy is affecting the Team. On the field, it is clear that Strategically he is not the most adept but as Tests is the least forgiving format for strategizing he has been serviceable. But that is what makes him a bad Captain in LOIs.

All he cares about his looks(which he thinks is good),abs nothing else most insecure Kaptaan ever

1 hour ago, jf1gp_1 said:

It has never been about his batting. He is still our best batsman but limited captain. He goes by a plan irrespective of match situation. He used to hide in ODIs thanks to Dhoni but test he has struggled. 

No inernational 100s in 2020.

in the last 2 years,

In Tests, Rahane, Agrawal and Rohit have more Test 100s than him

In ODIs, Rohit is a better batsman than him and KL is catching up soon

In T20Is, his run no longer matter. Someone else has to play the critical match winning knocks - sometimes its Rohit, KL, Pandya or Jadeja

This at a time when everyone else has had to move into an unfamiliar batting position. Rohit as openers in Tests, KL in middle order in ODIs etc.

The day he is packed off as a captain, his position as the best batsman in the side will be gone as well. Still a great batsman but no longer the standout batsman in the side.

2 hours ago, Tridibans_16 said:

Kohli is arguably India's best batsman atm. Has a stellar record in Australia and as a leader of the team, he is bound to be missed..... or will he be missed?

I think his leave is a blessing in disguise in the current set-up. Even his ardent followers will agree that his word is the Final say in team selection and strategies on/ off the field. He often selects (to the detriment of the team) as per his "gut feeling" or "hunch" and Shastri is just an yes man to him. The less said about his ego or aggression (good or bad is arguable) the better.

Rahane not only brings calmness and stability, he is known to be an apt tactician at this level. Even his contemporary players in domestic circle will vouch for his cricketing acumen.

Further, for youngsters, I feel Rahane will prove to be a better captain than Kohli as the latter is too instinctive and often chops and changes his attack/ team at the slightest hurdle when things are going awry.

Best opportunity to build an A-team. Bring KL back to solidify the top. Push Mayank back to #5. I have a feeling he'll flourish under a Rahane captaincy.

It doesn't matter what Rahane does. Good that he showed some responsibility today. However, I still feel this series will end his career, fairly or unfairly. Suddenly, everyone is saying so many good things about him. This will not please Virushka one bit. They will ensure their hegemony isn't in danger or affect their status. Just wait and watch. Internal politics is what resulted in Kumble being booted out. The same will happen here. 

I still feel Rahane is a liability and such knocks come once in a blue moon. Need to move on. 

I also feel, Kohli has become a major liability as captain. I don't think he deserves a spot as a batsman in T20s. He is still okay for ODIs, but even there, he is absolutely useless in important tournaments. 

Time to make Rohit the captain in shorter formats or just hand it over to some youngster.

Edited by WC2011INDIA
4 minutes ago, WC2011INDIA said:

It doesn't matter what Rahane does. Good that he showed some responsibility today. However, I still feel this series will end his career, fairly or unfairly. Suddenly, everyone is saying so many good things about him. This will not please Virushka one bit. They will ensure their hegemony isn't in danger or affect their status. Just wait and watch. Internal politics is what resulted in Kumble being booted out. The same will happen here. 

I still feel Rahane is a liability and such knocks come once in a blue moon. Need to move on. 

I also feel, Kohli has become a major liability as captain. I don't think he deserves a spot as a batsman in T20s. He is still okay for ODIs, but even there, he is absolutely useless in important tournaments. 

Time to make Rohit the captain in shorter formats or just hand it over to some youngster.

Kohli might be a bad captain but dont make random stuff up like he is going to suddenly hate on rahane

yes kohli absence as captain has helped. Kohli presence is a double edge sword it can pick u up in some situtaion but it can create panic in many like it does in LOI pressure games where he panics and everyone panics.

In such situation u need a calming person to bring the best out of everyone which kohli isnt, u cant perform when ur position is under threat which is always the case when kohli is around. Kohli the batsman is freak in such situation but he is an individual at the end its about team

Rishabh pant has changed the momentum of this innings and it wud be tough under kohli coz he is scared to make mistake under him

Yet another knee jerk reaction.

Opportunists Galore. 

Just one match has shown them that Rahane is a great captain. 

Bas match dekho aur jo ho raha match mai vahi likh do aur fir apne aap ko expert smjh lo. 

Lets get into the details now. 

1.Shami - Siraj

2.Shaw-Gill

3.Pant - Saha 

Straightforward selection after 1st test debacle 

4.only Rahul vs Jadeja was doubtful 

Rahane has done absolutely nothing as far as selection is concerned. 

Secondly our bowling lineup was doing fine under Kohli too. 

That 36 was a result of great bowling by Aus + pink ball + our batsman's failure. 

No captain could have done anything. 

4 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

yes kohli absence as captain has helped. Kohli presence is a double edge sword it can pick u up in some situtaion but it can create panic in many like it does in LOI pressure games where he panics and everyone panics.

In such situation u need a calming person to bring the best out of everyone which kohli isnt, u cant perform when ur position is under threat which is always the case when kohli is around. Kohli the batsman is freak in such situation but he is an individual at the end its about team

Rishabh pant has changed the momentum of this innings and it wud be tough under kohli coz he is scared to make mistake under him

Accha, why is Pant scared to make a mistake under Kohli? 

Any particular reason. 

And don't say its bcoz kohli chops and changes bcoz we don't know if Rahane does the same or not.Pant is playing his first test under Rahane. 

As i said, this is just an opportunistic thread without much thinking. All the usual suspects have fallen for it. 

Basically write anything negative about Kohli and you will have 100 simps agreeing with you without using their brain. 

Also do tell me why we won a series jn aus in 2018 under Kohli and why Pant performed so well under him. 

5 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Accha, why is Pant scared to make a mistake under Kohli? 

Any particular reason. 

coz coach n Kaptaan has said in public they ll bash him if he gets out playing like that, FFs thats his natural game

And don't say its bcoz kohli chops and changes bcoz we don't know if Rahane does the same or not.Pant is playing his first test under Rahane. 

Its not that rahane hasnt captained before for India or IPL 

As i said, this is just an opportunistic thread without much thinking. All the usual suspects have fallen for it. 

Basically write anything negative about Kohli and you will have 100 simps agreeing with you without using their brain. 

Also do tell me why we won a series jn aus in 2018 under Kohli and why Pant performed so well under him. 

Do u want me to list u reasons why we won ? Btw why didnt those reason work in SA,ENG, NZ

Pant performed coz he has ability he is in n out of team coz captain has no patience...he drops anyone after 2-3 bad performances