Ravi Shastri: India's MCG triumph is one of the great comebacks in Test history

SK_IH

3 hours ago, putrevus said:

Shastri you need to stand and face the music when things are down not just issue statement after win. The series still has to be won.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bewda doesn’t have a clue about this. I guess it is good in a way. Let Rahane take control over the selection and strategy for rest of the series.

2 hours ago, goose said:

Adelaide 2003 and Kolkata 2001 to name just two were far superior.  Melbourne 2020 is a great comeback from one test to the next, possibly the greatest, which has happened many times over for other nations.

There are always many ways to look at things - Adelaide 2003 is a special memory for me, but arguably the Aus bowling was much weaker back then, even as the batting was stronger, and was also helped because of no DRS.

6 minutes ago, sandeep said:

There are always many ways to look at things - Adelaide 2003 is a special memory for me, but arguably the Aus bowling was much weaker back then, even as the batting was stronger, and was also helped because of no DRS.

True. I define a comeback as coming back from the brink over the course of a test. We were never behind in this test. Call it semantics but as impressive as it was were never behind

5 minutes ago, goose said:

True. I define a comeback as coming back from the brink over the course of a test. We were never behind in this test. Call it semantics but as impressive as it was were never behind

I hear you, but you are diminishing the pressure of being 0-1 down in the series, and also the WTC impact.  Along with missing our top 2 pace bowlers and one of our primary batsman.  

This was pretty special goosy.  Let's enjoy it! This team has underwhelmed and disappointed us on many occasions, quality wins like this one deserve their due.

1 minute ago, sandeep said:

I hear you, but you are diminishing the pressure of being 0-1 down in the series, and also the WTC impact.  Along with missing our top 2 pace bowlers and one of our primary batsman.  

This was pretty special goosy.  Let's enjoy it! This team has underwhelmed and disappointed us on many occasions, quality wins like this one deserve their due.

Don't get me wrong, I just prefer another label for what was an amazing turnaround. An actual test comeback brings a special kind of joy!

33 minutes ago, goose said:

Don't get me wrong, I just prefer another label for what was an amazing turnaround. An actual test comeback brings a special kind of joy!

We did see a spectacular comeback in this series, but it went the other way.  India was in the drivers seat in T1, but Paine with the bat (helped with drops), and the Aus bowlers flipped a potential loss into a massacre.

On 12/29/2020 at 5:13 PM, putrevus said:

Shastri you need to stand and face the music when things are down not just issue statement after win. The series still has to be won.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very true! We need to win this series to call mission accomplished. The mentality of getting ecstatic and content with the odd victory has to change, that's the whole point of appointing highly paid coaches - to take the team to the next level. We are not Zimbabwe or Bangladesh to gloat about the occasional win. 

10 hours ago, nevada said:

Very true! We need to win this series to call mission accomplished. The mentality of getting ecstatic and content with the odd victory has to change, that's the whole point of appointing highly paid coaches - to take the team to the next level. We are not Zimbabwe or Bangladesh to gloat about the occasional win. 

I could not bear to watch the post match presentation after first test. Did Shastri talk, he should have been taking the blame for that debacle. Any good coach takes all blame when team fails and gives all the credit to players when team does well.If this guy wants to show his face only after good things then he needs to be kicked out.

On 12/28/2020 at 11:56 PM, SK_IH said:

"I think this will go down in the annals of Indian cricket - no, world cricket - as one of the great comebacks in the history of the game," Shastri said. "You know to be rolled over for 36 and then three days later to get up and be ready to punch was outstanding. The boys deserve all the credit for the character they have shown. Real character."

Full article https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/aus-vs-ind-2nd-test-ravi-shastri-india-s-mcg-triumph-is-one-of-the-great-comebacks-in-test-history-1245769

:yay:

And you drunkard had nothing to do with it besides sipping daroo and passing out! Do you even remember what happened, Bewda?