Whats your team for the final test at the Gabba?

Amidst all injuries, can we make a decent XI for next match? 

Jaddu - mostly out 

Vihari - mostly out due to hamstring

Ashwin - seems to have niggle( back spasm or something) - hopefully he'll recover in 3 days 

Pant - mostly will play

If Pant can't keep, he should play as a batsman..In place of Vihari. Saha will keep. 

Who will replace Jaddu - a batsman or a bowler? I think we should go with an additional batsman as no good replacement in bowling section. 

I'd go with Mayank opening with Rohit and Gill at 3 - but that leaves our bowling too short. 

The Gabba will be more pace friendly than spin based on history of last 5 tests there. It will also be on the flatter side with something in it for the pacers. Exactly how the Aussies like it. Good fast bowling is rewarded.

With Jadeja out I think he needs to be replaced by a pacer. I feel that we can trust Ashwin with the bat at the Gabba. So of the remaining options I will pick Natrajan over Thakur and ask him to bowl wicket to wicket and build pressure. Saini can be spray gun so I dont think India can carry both Thakur and Saini. I feel it will be a mistake to not have 5 bowlers at the Gabba. 

Re Pant and Vihari. If Pant cannot keep then you have no option but to call in Saha as the keeper. If Vihari is fit then this means going with 4 bowlers. Pant cannot be dropped and should play as a batsman. Vihari has a hamstring niggle. Not sure if there is enough time for him to recover. 

My Team

Sharma

Shaw

Pujara

Rahane

Pant/ Saha (if pant injured Saha)

Vihari/Agarwal

Ashwin

Natrajan/Saha (if pant players as a batsman, Natrajan if Pant players as a batsman and keeper)

Saini

Bumrah

Siraj

3 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Rohit

Gill

Pujara

Rahane

Pant 

Mayank

Ashwin 

Kuldeep (X factor) 

Saini

Siraj

Bumrah 

This is the best we can come up with 

Gabba not spin friendly. No Kuldeep. Your effective options are 3 pacers + Ashwin if Pant cant keep. 4 pacers (Natrajan or Thakur) + Ashwin if Pant can keep.

I want mayank to be batting at no4 he can absolutely get stuck into lion and green and negate any spin effect and if it's a green mamba then I would choose to play a extra fast bowler in jadejas place, may be Natarajan though I don't want him to be considered for test cricket, he should focus on lois as main bowler and back up for bumrah

We should go with 4 bowlers at Gabba. Don't play 5 bowlers just for the sake for it. Don't think Shardul or Natrajan will cut at this level. Also we can't play 5 batsman (including pant) + Saha + 5 bowlers. That is incredibly hollow lineup and will be blown away at Gabba.

Assuming Jadeja and Vihari unavailable and Pant unfit to keep wickets, here is best possible X1 as per me.

Rohit

Gill

Pujara

Rahane

Pant
Mayank
Saha ( WK)
Ashwin

Bumrah
Saini
Siraj

I personally feel India needs to go for the kill.

We need to in for the WTC points. Even if we lose its fine. With 4 bowlers I doubt we can get 20 aussie wickets. Australia too today struggled with 4 bowlers. Cummins I feel ran out of steam. 

With 4 bowlers you are expecting to do quite a big job. Vihari injury was a big blow as he was somebody who could be that person who bowled 10 overs.

14 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

Gabba not spin friendly. No Kuldeep. Your effective options are 3 pacers + Ashwin if Pant cant keep. 4 pacers (Natrajan or Thakur) + Ashwin if Pant can keep.

Perth wasn't supposed to be spin friendly either..  Lyon extracted extra bounce & got 6 wickets on last Tour.  Ashwin said SCG was slow & harder for spinners.  Kuldeep takes pitch out of the equation with his variety & he loves bowling with Kookaburra & extra bounce + zip makes himself a potent weapon.   Nattu & Shardul Trundling will be taken to cleaners as Gabba is free flowing ground & batsmen like the ball coming on to bat.  

Don't think we can afford to go with a pure bowler instead of jadeja. Our tail is as it is weak. I know ashwin played well today but he is perfect at the position he is in, no 8.. Call me defensive but I'll take a draw next test and retain the border gavaskar trophy with a batsman in place of jadeja. 

Edited by OpeningBatsman

Rohit 

gill

Pujsra 

rahane 

vihari / agrawal 

pant 

ashwin 

siraj

bumrah 

saini / natrajan 

kuldeep 

I feel bumrah and siraj with ashwin supported by kuldeep and saini is best attack . 

thakur is a useless fourth seamer and an ok no 7 batter . Doesn’t excel in anything 

If Pandya still around I would get him into the team