Jasprit Bumrah Ruled out of 4th test .

test fan

25 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Ash hasn't been the same physically since 2016-17 sports hernia episode. 

But one thing I can say with certainty, no international bowler in the world has bowled as much as Ashwin in the last 10 years or so. Too much cricket he plays unlike Lyon. 

Tests, ODIs, T20Is, IPL, TNPL, county, Ranji/Duleep/Deodhar/V-Hazare/Irani (for a well established international he plays lots in domestic)......

He carries a lot of blame for his poor fitness in general but the schedule is packed even now when he doesn't feature in white ball internationals. The chronic hernia and groin problems have made matters worse and he can't sustain his fitness/quality by the end of a 4/5 test series any more. 

well he can surely pull out of TNPL?

The thing about the Aussie bowlers is that in 3 tests their 5th bowler has bowled 41 overs. Lets take out the 36ao. 5 innings 41 overs. Thats 8 overs per innings. Which is very low.

Our overs bowled are distributed among 5 bowlers and still we are facing injuries.(not counting Jaddu)

Rahane needs to rotate fast bowlers lot better, it is of main reasons for Bumrah getting over worked. Saini did not bowl for almost two sessions. Siraj was brought in very late in second test two. He had five full time bowlers and yet he failed to rotate them properly. He overwoked Siraj and Bumrah in Sydney test.

5 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

The thing about the Aussie bowlers is that in 3 tests their 5th bowler has bowled 41 overs. Lets take out the 36ao. 5 innings 41 overs. Thats 8 overs per innings. Which is very low.

Our overs bowled are distributed among 5 bowlers and still we are facing injuries.(not counting Jaddu)

Starc and Hazlewood bowled 98 overs each while Cummins bowled 111. Bumrah bowled 117 overs. Lyon bowled 128 overs while Ashwin bowled 134.

Even though we played with 5 bowlers, often we were one bowler down. Shami couldn't bowl in second innings at Adelaide. Umesh couldn't bowl in second innings at Melbourne. Jadeja couldn't bowl in second innings at Sydney

5 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Rahane needs to rotate fast bowlers lot better, it is of main reasons for Bumrah getting over worked. Saini did not bowl for almost two sessions. Siraj was brought in very late in second test two. He had five full time bowlers and yet he failed to rotate them properly. He overwoked Siraj and Bumrah in Sydney test.

He also didn't bowl Jadeja on day 1. I think he really wanted to get smith/labu before going for Saini and jaddu

13 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

well he can surely pull out of TNPL?

Maybe TNCA/Srini pressure :dontknow:.

Anyway I am happy with TNPL success, a big name like Ashwin can go a long way in raising its popularity, the league is throwing up some fine T20 players for IPL/India, guys like Nattu, Varun C, Sundar will be vital for our T20 WC chances. Varun C was brought into spotlight by Ash when he was leading KXI Punjab and trust me he is a gem, if used judiciously he can end our ICC title drought. 

8 minutes ago, Serpico said:

He also didn't bowl Jadeja on day 1. I think he really wanted to get smith/labu before going for Saini and jaddu

Dhoni did the same nonsense with Bhuvi in 2014 trip when he overworked him in first two tests. He has never been same bowler again. Fast bowlers are delicate flowers who need to be handled with lot of care.

Rahane is useless in rotating the bowlers.

1 hour ago, G_B_ said:

This is to be fair an unreasonable amount of injuries.

But it does raise issues if general fitness. 

Aus are going through same series with the same set of 4 bowlers.

Dont know what will happen to india in places like england with 5 tests.

I get a feeling india only have capacity for 3 test series.

India were exeptionall fit for 2018. In 2021 covid restrictions made them less conditioned for a gruelling series. 

It's always harder for away teams.when Aussies and the poms play India away, they always play tests first or solely tests in that season. 

At times they may play odi before a test but never both odi and T20 like India do. 

India play way more intense games plus IPL. 

Damn it! Just yesterday I was thinking we should be thankful that at-least Bumrah, the leader of the pack is available. Now even he is gone. WTF kind of series is this with all these injuries? Maybe 2-3 matches should be the limit in these crazy covid times because players are extra fatigued due to long periods of isolation +  lack of practice and you can't fly in replacements either. To add to the 4 tests, we had 3 each of ODIs and T20s too. That's greedy and insensitive! 

Edited by nevada
7 hours ago, express bowling said:

Shouldn't play an unfit fast bowler.

We don't want to aggravate Bumrah's injury and reduce his bowling ability for a long time.

I hope they are just playing mind-games with this statement.  We simply cannot afford to risk Bumrah long-term with such an injury.  I have confidence that Rahane will make the most sensible decision.  

I can't remember how many LOIs he played on this tour, but it seems like he played all T20s, at least one ODI and also the practice match?  Was that really necessary?  

6 hours ago, G_B_ said:

This is to be fair an unreasonable amount of injuries.

But it does raise issues if general fitness. 

Aus are going through same series with the same set of 4 bowlers.

Dont know what will happen to india in places like england with 5 tests.

I get a feeling india only have capacity for 3 test series.

Ashwin was saying that it is because of the Lockdown.

India is a highly populated country and cricketers did not get to practice for 5 months.

While Australian cricketers did practice during part of this period.

Earlier India did not have problems with 4 test matches atleast.