Pujara, the king!

zen

For those who have never played cricket with the hard ball, let me tell you, you can have as many gears on your body, none will save you without bruises when you face the kind of bullets which Pujara took today on the pitch. Each of them were hard hit. This is what it takes to battle the Aussies on the last day and he gave it all.

In the end the scoreline says today 100 needed of 20 overs when he is leaving., so he did his job in the end by recovering the rr. Yes, he is slow but in the end, it is how he plays and it works sometimes and sometimes it doesn’t for the team. 

Hats off to him for taking it all on his body today for the team. Took some on head also. They were nasty but he stoood there like a warrior and kept fighting to bat till the last session.

54 minutes ago, PunterLog said:

I didn't like the way he played bouncers but damn the guy is a rock. Getting hit by a cricket ball is something you need to experience personally to understand how it feels.

I still can't get it through my head that this guy got hit half a dozen times and still kept going.

the guy is a legend!

Edited by zen

People talk about mental toughness and how the Ozzies invented it.  For decades, they said mental toughness meant - to sledge, to verbally abuse opponents and their families, to cheat in a myriad of ways from flicking bails off (Langer) to sandpapering the ball, to bowling nasty bouncers repeatedly at tail-enders. 

But yesterday, Pujara showed what real toughness is.  Real, authentic, stoic, quiet, nice-guy, kill-you-with-kindness toughness that comes from standing up and giving back  - but only in action.  Methodical, attritional action.  He is questioned over and over again by everyone including his own fans.  But he never wavers while the mentally "tough" disintegrate around him.   

Peel away the soft exterior, and you see a dude who is truly made of steel. 

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

Good effort but hoped he would have similar run to 2018. He averaged almost 60 in 2018. But he couldn’t the big hundred like he did in 2018. He is currently averaging around 36 -38 for this series. He played his part definitely but would want him to score big. He put in all the effort this time around as well but couldn’t stay longer to reap benefits.

Edited by gattaca