Short term replacement suggestions for Ro and Ko ?

I am sure some other young superstar is out there waiting to take over the mantle from these 2 legends in the future but going by threads and comments, since people are ready to replace the 2 for their new “approach” “mindset” “system” (Pakistani YT channels FTW), I am curious about the suggestions 

Go!!! :hmm:

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Samson is Rohit beta version

Gill can be a good replacement for kohli 

so are they ready to replace them and give the same kind of performances?

Samson can’t get to 30’s on his 2nd best day and can he start scoring daddy 100’s that Rohit is famous for? Sure he can get that 30(15) type starts. However is that sustainable?

By the way huge fan of Gill but I am sure people will start complaining once they see him too because he isn’t a power hitter or a guy who can go from ball 1.

3 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Samson can’t get to 30’s on his 2nd best day and can he start scoring daddy 100’s that Rohit is famous for? Sure he can get that 30(15) type starts. However is that sustainable?

Why not if teams drop his catches too and he gets to play 2-3 innings in one? :dontknow:

43 minutes ago, zen said:

If Ind wants, esp. w/ WC23 in mind, can have a line up like below:

Gill

Kishan

Samson

Pant

SDP

SKY

Jadeja

Other talented options include Padikkal, Gaekwad, Shaw, etc. 

no samson. gaekwad or shaw are better options for sure. samson better suited for explosive t20 type format. 

43 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

By the way huge fan of Gill but I am sure people will start complaining once they see him too because he isn’t a power hitter or a guy who can go from ball 1.

ready to replace what rohit n kohli.....hahaha . No 

Rohit n kohli didnt become legends over night , its took years n years which included many failures as well. They shud be invested in 

1 hour ago, Global.Baba said:

Agree that Samson might not be go on to become the next Rohit, but that same logic can be used against any youngster.. People were calling for Shaw's head couple of months ago, but now he is the next best thing again..

Remember the first part of Rohit's career when he failed back to back for so many years.. It took him over 50 games to get his first ODI hundred and over 100 ODIs to get a 100 against a SENA country... If Kohli was the captain then, Rohit wouldn't have played over 20 games

Cricketers are never irreplaceable. After Dhoni, we found Pant, Kumble, Bhajji went out, soonwe got Ashwin Jadeja.

Likewise, as big a player Ro-Ko are, we will find their worthy replacements as well. Only hope is to see Rohit, the best limited overs captain in the country by some distance for the last 4-5 years, get opportunities to lead the side at least for a few series to show us what we missed all these years.

Rohit & Kohli are mainstays of this line-up and the envy of the world. They can finish matches on a good day all on their own.

We can't have a team full of those that take a while to get to top gear, I accept. Especially those that are mediocre compared to domination RoKo can offer. Remove Dhawan and give Rahul a kick on the bum and make him write 100 lines "Strike rate is not overrated"

My team for ODI WC 2023

Prithvi Shaw 

Rishabh Pant (WK)

Subhman Gill 

Shreyas Iyer

KL Rahul (C)

Hardik Pandya 

Ravindra Jadeja 

Rahul Chahar 

Bhuvaneshwar Kumar 

Mohammed Shami 

Jaaprit Bumrah (VC)

Reserves:

Ishan Kishan

Surya Kumar Yadav

Washington Sunder

Axar Patel

Shardul Thakur

T Natarajan

3 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

Dhoni.Baba