How did Dinesh Karthik manage to find a place in 2019 WC team in semi final match?

by gaining a "finisher" reputation bestowed by Bangladesh chokers.  

Again, don't blame Karthik - blame Kuptaan Wrogn for intentionally creating and perpetuating a gaping hole in the middle order, simply so that next generation of white ball batting stars are not allowed to gain enough 'celebrity' status to threaten his 5 year maximum earnings potential on the endorsement market.  

So what, if by intentionally letting the #4 problem to fester for 2 YEARS in the lead up to WC, meant that India with its best ever most effective ODI bowling units of all time, didn't even make the final.  Did Kohli face accountability or even mild criticism for it? Nope.  Forget the "pundits" who can't dare because their income is at risk - even the fans don't bother.  

I don't even blame Kohli or Bunty at this point, I blame India's fan base for their fatalistic acceptance of mediocre performance and continued ass-kissing and hero-worshipping of "super stars". 

Edited by sandeep

Due to our genius captain-coach combo. The way in which they messed up that WC squad selection to hide their incompetencies was quite shambolic. They made it all about the top 3, never gave others an opportunity. Be it WI or SL, he never ever gave away anyone else a chance. The personal milestones mattered more than the team interests (14 100s in 49 matches between CT abd WC, ZERO 100s in the WC). The same thing is being repeated as we approach the T20 WC. The result is not going to be any different.

Got in the squad because of a brilliant IPL season. And then when Shankar, Dhawan, Jadhav were not going to play due to form/injuries he got his chance from the BD game itself as there were no other batsmen.

Playing Mayank was not feasible as he was not even in the backups announced and had to be flown in I think. The team in the last few league games was the one that played the semi.

40 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Again, don't blame Karthik - blame Kuptaan Wrogn for intentionally creating and perpetuating a gaping hole in the middle order, simply so that next generation of white ball batting stars are not allowed to gain enough 'celebrity' status to threaten his 5 year maximum earnings potential on the endorsement market.  

So what, if by intentionally letting the #4 problem to fester for 2 YEARS in the lead up to WC, meant that India with its best ever most effective ODI bowling units of all time, didn't even make the final.  Did Kohli face accountability or even mild criticism for it? Nope.  Forget the "pundits" who can't dare because their income is at risk - even the fans don't bother.  

I don't even blame Kohli or Bunty at this point, I blame India's fan base for their fatalistic acceptance of mediocre performance and continued ass-kissing and hero-worshipping of "super stars". 

The common fans unfortunately need a loss to Pakistan or 1st round exit like WC 2007 to mobilize their voices and then tend to go overboard with their antics. A lack of critical thinking in the majority of population which unfortunately is not just limited to cricket. They focus on the last ball sixes and gym selfies rather than actual results.

We literally threw the cup away with such blunders. There was absolutely no reason to play him. He is a total mental midget with a fidgety technique and that freak show against BD made him look much better than what he actually is. I mean even Stuart Binny got 6/4 against BD guys. Doesn't mean that Binny is a World class bowler. 

2 hours ago, Vickydev said:

Got in the squad because of a brilliant IPL season. And then when Shankar, Dhawan, Jadhav were not going to play due to form/injuries he got his chance from the BD game itself as there were no other batsmen.

Playing Mayank was not feasible as he was not even in the backups announced and had to be flown in I think. The team in the last few league games was the one that played the semi.

Mayank was in fact with the team since final 2 league games.  I feel we made a big mistake by not giving a chance to him vs Sri lanka in the final league game. Probably could have been our Fakhar Zaman moment.  DK in fact actually played outta nowhere that too in middle order...  That was absolute sh** show from RAT n Shastri. 

Edited by Lone Wolf
2 hours ago, Vickydev said:

250 runs@32 and a SR of 146 is NOT reallya brilliant IPL season, he played some decent cameos that's about it. For comparison, Pant had 488 runs@38 and a SR of 162 (3rd best DR after Russell and Pandya) but was not picked in the main squad.

DK was chosen as a weaker 2nd WK-batsman so that Dhoni had an easy route in the 11 despite his terrible form. That was always the TM's plan. Friendships over team interests. If Pant was chosen ahead of DK and had performed in practice matches, due to public pressure, Dhoni's place in the team would have been questioned

5 hours ago, GautiMaan said:

The common fans unfortunately need a loss to Pakistan or 1st round exit like WC 2007 to mobilize their voices and then tend to go overboard with their antics. A lack of critical thinking in the majority of population which unfortunately is not just limited to cricket. They focus on the last ball sixes and gym selfies rather than actual results.

I think ipl has sufficiently dulled the average fan they won't react much to any international bad performance 

17 hours ago, sandeep said:

They still justify it that it's not Kohli mistake rather team was bad. I just wish Kohli got the same team which Tendulkar was leading in 90s with Harvindar Singh and Mohanty opening the bowling in ODIs and Kurvilla and Tinu Yohanan in test cricket  Where as even zim had Edo Brandis , Heath Streak and Olanga kind of bowlers and less said about pak, aus, wi,sa, nz and eng bowling.

19 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Good cricket in IPL? 

IPL is the best benchmark. Top players in IPL will most like be your top players in any format. 

IPL is the only true cricket average you can rely on, others not so much.

Problemon ICF is once you start hating someone you look beyond their improvements. It has been Rohit, Dhawan and Kartik.

His six against BD was better than six by Dhoni.

15 minutes ago, Khota said:

Dinesh Kartik at that time of his career was playing good cricket. There are lot of people who question his inclusion based on what he did ten years back.

But the stats shown by people on this thread show, that's not true, his numbers were average and there were others doing way better 

6 minutes ago, Khota said:

IPL is the best benchmark. Top players in IPL will most like be your top players in any format. 

IPL is the only true cricket average you can rely on, others not so much.

Problemon ICF is once you start hating someone you look beyond their improvements. It has been Rohit, Dhawan and Kartik.

His six against BD was better than six by Dhoni.

IPL 2019 had 18 Indian batsmen scoring more than him.

He was not a top player in IPL by any margin.