Pat Cummins donates $50,000 for PM Cares Fund

puneet28

I was looking at Twitter feed of Kohli 2 days back. Every other post is either a promotion or just PR stuff . Now I think charity is personal and can’t shame anyone about it. however sometimes there are optics and Kohli being the captain of Indian team at least his Pr team should have put some message there.

Kohli,Dhoni,Rohit- 3 big pillars of current Indian cricket and so far nothing from them. 

Also if govt. deploys army will col.Dhoni pick up that duty over CSk $$$$?

Bollywood, rich cricketers pretty much most useless people in this fight.

3 minutes ago, puneet28 said:

His $50k donations is roughly 2.5% of his annual IPL income. Imagine if all players donate 2.5% of their income, it will be such a great amount. 

forget donations, have these Indian cricketers been at least seen in public service messages like wear mask etc instead of pathetic dream X1 ads? Even Ganguly is a brand ambassador for some fantasy league app :facepalm:

1 hour ago, WC2011INDIA said:

Brilliant letter by Cummins. He is a true ambassador of sports. The Indian overrated so called god of cricket and current superstars can eat my ****. Ofcourse, now these bhagodas will do something. Kohli's PR will be in overdrive mode.

Sachin is one of the top charity donors in india for a long, long time including looking after and educating poor children 

5 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

I was looking at Twitter feed of Kohli 2 days back. Every other post is either a promotion or just PR stuff . Now I think charity is personal and can’t shame anyone about it. however sometimes there are optics and Kohli being the captain of Indian team at least his Pr team should have put some message there.

Kohli,Dhoni,Rohit- 3 big pillars of current Indian cricket and so far nothing from them. 

Also if govt. deploys army will col.Dhoni pick up that duty over CSk $$$$?

Bollywood, rich cricketers pretty much most useless people in this fight.

Well they might be donating or doing  their bit but not publicly.  How can you be so sure they are doing nothing. 

1 hour ago, Pollack said:

Well they might be donating or doing  their bit but not publicly.  How can you be so sure they are doing nothing. 

well how about this is one of those times for actual infleuncers to do something more influential instead of being “anonymous donors” more than donating money, how about a public service message for starters?

ok one or 2 guys might be camera shy (don’t think so) but not a single public service message even.

Now some guy will show some obscure ad but you know that there is a lot more these guys can do besides “anonymous donations”

Great gesture from Cummins. 

As a reminder, when the PM Cares Fund was created last year, BCCI donated 51 cr, Rohit 80 lakhs, Raina 52 lakhs, Sachin and Dada 50 lakhs each, Kohli and Dhawan pledged support but did not disclose the money. Other cricketers also pitched in with whatever they could (The much maligned Bollywood stars pitched in with even bigger amounts)

When the donations drive begins again, we will see them donating again 

Brett Lee, Brett Lee Australia, Australia Brett Lee, Brett Lee news, Brett Lee updates, sports news, cricket, Indian Express

Inspired by his countryman Pat Cummins’ gesture, former Australian pacer Brett Lee on Tuesday decided to donate one bitcoin (approximately Rs 40 lakh) to help India in its fight against the raging COVID-19 pandemic.

Cummins on Monday won hearts when he announced a USD 50,000 donation towards the PM CARES Fund for oxygen supplies in India’s hospitals ravaged by a deadly second wave of the pandemic.

“It saddens me deeply to see people suffering due to the ongoing pandemic. I feel privileged to be in a position of making a difference and with that in mind, I’d like to donate 1 BTC (Bitcoin) to Crypto Relief to help with the purchase of oxygen supplies for the hospitals across India,” Lee said in a statement which he posted on Twitter.

“India has always been like a second home for me. The love and affection that I have got from the people of this country both during my professional career and even after my retirement, holds a special place in my heart.”

On Tuesday evening, one bitcoin was trading at over Rs 40 lakh.

Bitcoin is not considered legal tender in India but that has not stopped Lee, one of the fastest bowlers to have played the game, from lending a helping hand.

Like Cummins, who plays for Kolkata Knight Riders in the IPL, Lee is also in India as part of the IPL commentary panel.

“Now is the time to be united and ensure we do as much as we can to help the ones in need. I’d also want to thank all the frontline workers who have been working round the clock during these tough times.

“I request people to please take care, stay at home, wash your hands and head out only if absolutely necessary, wear a mask and maintain social distancing. Well done Pat Cummins for the initiative yesterday,” Lee said.

The 44-year-old represented Australia in 76 Tests, 221 ODIs and 25 T20Is during an immensely successful international career.

https://indianexpress.com/article/sports/ipl/brett-lee-donates-bitcoin-to-crypto-relief-for-indias-fight-against-covid-19-7291495/

Shouldn't Indians be doing this for their country men? 

Why did the government allow religious festival's and political rallies across India?

More Aussies are donating, Australia one of the most charitable countries in the world. 

But this is a sad, sad indictment on India and Indians that preach how great a country India is.

What is your BCCI doing? What a sad indictment.

I am sorry for being so harsh, but everyone in Australia is hearth broken by what we are seeing happening in India, your government is trying to cover things up, India is going the way of China.

Edited by Bundaberg