Rahul Dravid to be the head coach for Sri Lanka tour

Doesn't help that our media & ex players back oldies like Rohit to replace RAT as future captain like they don't even know that age exists. 

Wish Iyer was fit though.  Pant in all fairness should continue to lead DC this season as his team performed well despite being under strength at times.  

12 minutes ago, Norman said:

I have developed a bit of a soft spot for bewda after the Australian series but he needs to go keeping the grand scheme of things in mind. 

If he can't voice his opinion in front of clown and chest thump behind his back speaks volumes of his credentials, don't get fooled ,bevda shouldn't be given one bit credit of our efforts in Australia,it was all due to sheer resilience shown by few seniors and good sane leadership and quality of our bench strength

Bevda is at best good at giving pep talks that too when he's in his senses(which is rare)

5 hours ago, Norman said:

iyer fitness is not sure of and Samson place in XI is not certain. It wud have been Dhawan, Bhuvi, Pandya or iyer (if fit)

7 hours ago, Gollum said:

Give captaincy role to Hardik/Iyer, maybe former in T20I series and latter for the 3 ODIs. Dhawan may not even play another ICC event, why invest in an oldie? Let those in their mid-20s assume leadership responsibility.

Is Iyer fit?

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Is Iyer fit?

He has started training. Posted a video on his IG. Whether he will be match-fit by the time of the SL tour is still not clear.

Earlier reports had said he will be fully fit in 3 months (underwent surgery in early April) and will not be available for the SL tour.

55 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Unless there's an understanding that Dravid is going to take over from Shastri, this is a terrible call that looks super rosy to the fans.

Ideally it should be Shitanshu Kotak, the India A team head coach who should be the coach on the SL tour but he is still new to his role. My sense is they will ask him to be on tour as the batting coach under Dravid. The India A bowling coach, Romesh Powar is now the India Women's team head coach. Interesting to see who they pick. 

7 hours ago, sarchasm said:

Unless there's an understanding that Dravid is going to take over from Shastri, this is a terrible call that looks super rosy to the fans.

I think Dravid has narrowed his scope to 'young' India players only, and this can be seen as an extension of that.  I think its fine.  

Why is Rahul Dravid a better coach than Shastri. He was very conservative as a captain.Shastri never got to lead in more tests. Will he better batting coach sure but I don't know if he can be good head coach for senior team.He is too soft.It works for under19s as most of them have not gained egos.

14 hours ago, putrevus said:

Why is Rahul Dravid a better coach than Shastri. He was very conservative as a captain.Shastri never got to lead in more tests. Will he better batting coach sure but I don't know if he can be good head coach for senior team.He is too soft.It works for under19s as most of them have not gained egos.

Someone like Sehwag is ideal. He can stand up to the tyrant Kuli.

32 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

He lacks tactical brain.  Plus he is a Kohli fan boy himself.  Someone like Punter only can put Kohli back to his place. 

Someone who can slap that little chipmunk yes. Can't stand Ponting either tbh. Still remember him saying 4 0 rofl.