Shardul Thakur vs Hasan Ali

SecondSlip

I would say Faheem Ashraf is a better comparison if you want to go there. I have been following this guy in the last 2 series, he is actually a very decent test bat. Bowling I would say he is a little less than Thakur saab.

Hassan Ali is a better bowler but Thakur saab is on a different planet with the bat.

Basically what I am saying is Hassan Ali + Faheem = Lord Thakur

Some Mullah who writes Pakistani text books

1 Pakistani muslamaan = 100 hindoos 

Maniac’s cricket acumen on ICF

100 Pakistani allrounders are still no where near Lord Thakur :hail: all hail the man.

Edited by maniac
14 minutes ago, maniac said:

I would say Faheem Ashraf is a better comparison if you want to go there. I have been following this guy in the last 2 series, he is actually a very decent test bat. Bowling I would say he is a little less than Thakur saab.

faheem is a batting all rounder ...with emergance of mohd wasim jr i wont be surprised if Faheem chooses to work more hard on his batting 

Faheem shud be compared to Hardik , faheem has improved his batting a lot in terms of long format

14 minutes ago, maniac said:

Hassan Ali is a better bowler but Thakur saab is on a different planet with the bat.

hassan is a better LOI n Subcontinent test bowler...when their is help for seamers i think shardul is better since i hvent seen hassan a lot in such conditions 

hassan is lappebaaz although good one, Thakur better batsman techincally 

46 minutes ago, SecondSlip said:

Who is the better bowling allrounder? Who will finish with a better career? 

in LOI

Ill take hassan ali 

In subcontinent test - hassan ali 

Overseas test- shardul thakur 

Who ll finish where god knows

But i expect shardul to end with around 200 test wkts and around 30 avg with bat 

4 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

faheem is a batting all rounder ...with emergance of mohd wasim jr i wont be surprised if Faheem chooses to work more hard on his batting 

Faheem shud be compared to Hardik , faheem has improved his batting a lot in terms of long format

hassan is a better LOI n Subcontinent test bowler...when their is help for seamers i think shardul is better since i hvent seen hassan a lot in such conditions 

hassan is lappebaaz although good one, Thakur better batsman techincally 

Fair enough

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

in LOI

Ill take hassan ali 

But i expect shardul to end with around 200 test wkts and around 30 avg with bat 

doesnt have enough time for that. He wont play at home

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

200 wickets is a tall proposition with all the resources we have and the different combos we try.

Umesh and Shami don’t have 200 wickets still and they have been around for a decade now.

Also when we have a bowling unit like ours it’s tough for one guy to take bucketloads of wickets unless you are a spinner playing in SC. We have 2 star spinners who can play as standalone bowlers  but we have 5-6 fast bowlers and Thakur will always bowl in a group.

I think he will end up at best in the 100-150 wicket range at best and sure I see him averaging 30 With the bat.

I can see him get 200 Odi wickets though if he becomes a regular as a bowling allrounder in the side.

Thakur averages 39 with the bat in test cricket so far, That's almost double what Babar "gareebon ka besht batsman" Azam averaged in test cricket after similar number of tests.  He will only get better from here.  At this point with 3 match-winning half-centuries in Australia and England, he has out-performed what many Pakistani test batsmen achieve in their entire careers.  

With ball in hand, he averages 22?  Hassan Ali is not fit to shine his bowling spikes.  

:winky:

Shardul has played 4 tests ( literally 3) and has average of 38 with bat 22 with ball , 3 half centuries and 14 wickets.. now for the clincher..11 of these wickets are of top order batsmen.. who bats between 1 to 6. The other 3 are Lyon Cummins and Ollie Robinson..No tailender slog gifted wickets.. 

Edited by neel roy
45 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

in LOI

Ill take hassan ali 

Shardul is 30 years old next month. He isn't going to play lot of tests. It will take him 60-70 tests to reach 200 test wickets which he won't play.

41 minutes ago, Lord said:

Hasan is Umesh level batsman,blasphemy to compare with Lord Thakur

I think you are underestimating his batting abilities, he is a slogger alright but a good one at that. In T20s he can do damage in the end overs. 

I will talk strictly about LOIs & I would say as an overall package Hasan Ali is slightly superior to Thakur in LOIs. 

37 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Shardul is 30 years old next month. He isn't going to play lot of tests. It will take him 60-70 tests to reach 200 test wickets which he won't play.

Yes. Looking at the age and the bulge , i do not see him playing tests for more than 3 years from now.  100 test wickets looks like a good milestone .

Could last a bit longer in short format .