Who is this user troll voting everyone ?? Cricketer145

Ankit_sharma03

I just flagged the user in question.

If I had a dollar for every single time one poster complains about another poster based on xyz reason...

This guy must be someone who probably got banned and now is wasting his time trying to stalk folks on an internet forum.  pathetic.  

And for those whining about "action taken" - Moderation on ICF is laissez faire, and banning/censoring is the last resort, not the first.  I can't just randomly start banning people just because one person complained about some 'voting'.  That would not be fair.  Plenty of folks about complained about "taking action" against silly paranoid attempts at conspiracy mongering for example - but we don't ban the user in question do we.

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

I just flagged the user in question.

If I had a dollar for every single time one poster complains about another poster based on xyz reason...

This guy must be someone who probably got banned and now is wasting his time trying to stalk folks on an internet forum.  pathetic.  

And for those whining about "action taken" - Moderation on ICF is laissez faire, and banning/censoring is the last resort, not the first.  I can't just randomly start banning people just because one person complained about some 'voting'.  That would not be fair.  Plenty of folks about complained about "taking action" against silly paranoid attempts at conspiracy mongering for example - but we don't ban the user in question do we.

Ok folks lets stop "whining" then @Ankit_sharma03@velu@speedheat. laissez faire is alright and you're doing a good job but whining about complaints is just :lol: If you're gonna poopoo complaints and equate it with whining, don't have a site feedback thread then. I saw your post there but no admin even checks it anyway :noidea:. If this is so tough for you, just quit your mod duties and have someone else take over.

I did the right thing to inform you in a thread dedicated to improving the site, but if you wanna let the troll do his thing and give lectures like "quit your whining and bellyaching" attitude, nobody will even report it from now on. Lets not report anything guys and let this forum go down the shitter. Its not just me but a considerable number of guys who had this happen to them.

trollvoting without posting a single post is an indicator of a bot. The reactions were strange where it votes "confused""sad" for a normal post. also ankit and velu are not ones to post any controversial matter. them getting voted down is somewhat strange.

15 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Ok folks lets stop "whining" then @Ankit_sharma03@velu@speedheat. laissez faire is alright and you're doing a good job but whining about complaints is just :lol: If you're gonna poopoo complaints and equate it with whining, don't have a site feedback thread then. I saw your post there but no admin even checks it anyway :noidea:. If this is so tough for you, just quit your mod duties and have someone else take over.

I did the right thing to inform you in a thread dedicated to improving the site, but if you wanna let the troll do his thing and give lectures like "quit your whining and bellyaching" attitude, nobody will even report it from now on. Lets not report anything guys and let this forum go down the shitter. Its not just me but a considerable number of guys who had this happen to them.

trollvoting without posting a single post is an indicator of a bot. The reactions were strange where it votes "confused""sad" for a normal post. also ankit and velu are not ones to post any controversial matter. them getting voted down is somewhat strange.

Normally, I ignore troll votes, but this bot is on a troll voting binge, received atleast 15 troll votes since morning and mod Sandeep wants us to stop whining. Strange!

17 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

also ankit and velu are not ones to post any controversial matter. them getting voted down is somewhat strange.

Hey! Why do you think I post controversial matters? :nono:

28 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Normally, I ignore troll votes, but this bot is on a troll voting binge, received atleast 15 troll votes since morning and mod Sandeep wants us to stop whining. Strange!

Hey! Why do you think I post controversial matters? :nono:

Let me put in this way. We have strong opinions and whether we like it or not, it ends up in a debate. the other two slip away from any controversy like cats. coming to this scenario, yeah I also ignore them or sometimes confront them but this bot's beahvior was strange. Also sandeep also has a gripe with me. he doesnt like me post legit "conspiracy" material and once removed some threads on what he deemed to be controversial while letting others post what I deem to be abominable. Since then he begrudgingly let my posts pass through and this is where his laissez faire approach started. He still doesn't like it, would censor me if he could but tolerates it because he is not the owner of this forum only a mod.

I also get troll voted by sime guy called @ash and some others who come out as pro Kejri anti Mudi and sometime borderline pro Pakistani.

I don’t even remember when i had last discussion with him because I generally put such users in ignore list.

But who cares. He has to click over 5000 times :phehe:

Edited by mishra

2 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Also sandeep also has a gripe with me. he doesnt like me post legit "conspiracy" material and once removed some threads on what he deemed to be controversial while letting others post what I deem to be abominable. Since then he begrudgingly let my posts pass through and this is where his laissez faire approach started. He still doesn't like it, would censor me if he could but tolerates it because he is not the owner of this forum only a mod.

These are the guidelines of ICF: https://www.indiancricketfans.com/guidelines/

Nowhere it mentions that you can't troll vote someone. This is a community, just because three people complained, doesn't mean they have the right to ban someone. It isn't easy to take action against someone unless he abuses someone. Voting is not an abuse.

Totally with you @sandeep.

Side question : Are bots allowed?

Edited by Chakdephatte

27 minutes ago, Chakdephatte said:

These are the guidelines of ICF: https://www.indiancricketfans.com/guidelines/

Nowhere it mentions that you can't troll vote someone. This is a community, just because three people complained, doesn't mean they have the right to ban someone. It isn't easy to take action against someone unless he abuses someone. Voting is not an abuse.

Totally with you @sandeep.

Side question : Are bots allowed?

Yes but if a userid is created with the express intent only to trollvote someone dozens of times, and that too multiple posters, at that point, the agenda becomes obvious.  

We have an ongoing 'troll-vote' war between couple of other users as well, but both posters in question do participate in 'normal' discussions also.  This userid was clearly an alt created and used only to irritate, and now that we have clear evidence of multiple people being harassed, I felt comfortable in "taking action".  

The unwritten guideline that I follow, is that bans are the last resort.  But malicious intent is not difficult to confirm, and once confirmed, we'll take out the trash.  But do keep in mind that moderators have lives too, and are not going to respond instantaneously, and that too, in a manner that you may desire.  

2 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

He still doesn't like it, would censor me if he could

Beta, If I wanted to, I could, but I just prefer to ignore and move on :laugh:. If you start flooding the forum with too much nonsense, then an occasional clean-up is warranted.  Otherwise, its an open forum.  I mean, "not liking" is not any criteria for moderation.  My li'l bro Maniac knows I got no love for him, but that doesn't mean I'm going to censor him - in fact, I put his name up for ICF interview in the 1st batch, because he's a regular contributor.  So there's that.  Make of that what you will, you are completely entitled to believe in whatever conspiracy theories you construct about me, since I'm not the "owner" of the site.:p:

1 hour ago, mishra said:

I also get troll voted by sime guy called @ash and some others who come out as pro Kejri anti Mudi and sometime borderline pro Pakistani.

I don’t even remember when i had last discussion with him because I generally put such users in ignore list.

But who cares. He has to click over 5000 times :phehe:

That guy I think was same as "pitchwin" or some other greenbro.  Loved to troll vote me all the time, but I think ran out of gas. 

if somebody trollvotes you down, all you lose is some fictitious number associated with your id. why do you care ? a lot os posters don't want to debate or are too lazy or just want to spite, so their response to a valid argument is to troll vote. I think one should wear the trollvotes like a badge of honor. 

Edited by coffee_rules