Shikhar Dhawan Countdown to Getting Dropped

I see him getting dropped in next 2-3 series given he looks awful. With Gill's quick rise in ODI, pressure will be on him.

Out of 10 IPL franchises, no one will dare to bench Gill in expense of 37 years old Dhawan. But in Indian team set up, things are very different, he will have to be really bad to get dropped. 

Edited by wanted_desi

We all know how this goes, from Dhoni to kohli to Bhuvi, seniors never get dropped. Their place will be justified based on past heroics, & eventually they will come good in some match which will be celebrated as the second coming of jesus, rinse & repeat. 

Dhawan will be in the squad until WC23

Edited by IndianRenegade
On 10/11/2022 at 7:40 PM, wanted_desi said:

I see him getting dropped in next 2-3 series given he looks awful. With Gill's quick rise in ODI, pressure will be on him.

Out of 10 IPL franchises, no one will dare to bench Gill in expense of 37 years old Dhawan. But in Indian team set up, things are very different, he will have to be really bad to get dropped. 

"Experience", good record in ICC tournaments, plus LHB advantage - selectors and TM will look at these only and not current form. I like Dhawan, seems like a cool guy. Hope he quits on his own unlike the leech Dhoni.