Venky declares Jihad against KL Rahul !!!

velu

3 hours ago, Chakdephatte said:

It can be called giving opinion or commenting on the game once, but he is overdoing it. Basically using his user base to launch a campaign.

Yeah, he played many but so have many in the team. No one got cheap runs against Anderson, Rabada, Ngidi at their home. 

He's trying to get a media gig, and not being subtle about it.

Another factor behind the team "backing" KLPD, could be that they think that he's their opener for the WTC final to be played in England.  Gill really is better off in the middle order, and I think everybody knows it.  Even Gill does.  I still find it low key suspicious how Gill bailed on the England tour with shin splints - I don't want to underplay that injury because I know it can be pretty bad and chronic, requiring proper shutdown rest and rehab, but the timing was suspicious.  

So maybe, Rohit and Rahul are thinking that we're going to "keep the faith" with Rahul as opener through the WTC final and then make a call.  

4 hours ago, Chakdephatte said:

It can be called giving opinion or commenting on the game once, but he is overdoing it. Basically using his user base to launch a campaign.

Yeah, he fared poor but so have many in the team. No one got cheap runs against Anderson, Rabada, Ngidi at their home. 

the best thing for KL is to get away from the test game,he is mentally shot and will not recover if he doesnt go away and get his form back.

1 hour ago, Chakdephatte said:

It wouldn't impact the team selections (most probably) but social media ttends can harm the mental health of players. Kohli talked about this aspect.

It can be called giving opinion or commenting on the game once, but he is overdoing it. Basically using his user base to launch a campaign. And it benefits none.

With or without Venky #KLRahul hashtag is trending more frequently oflate. Since his failure in Asia cup, world T20, BD series, Slowest Indian T20 50 against SA, low strike rate ODI performances in 2022, His captaincy in SA, His drop catch in BD which proved to be crucial in loss of BD ODI series, Dravid making him as keeper in ODI. He has been in the new for wrong reasons over a period of last 12 months.  Prasad's point is about his whole career. Not just last one year.  He obviously condemns about his continued selection based on the term "potential". He has crossed that stage long back. So picking him based on "potential" ignoring so many guys who are yet to play one international match can frustrate sometime infuriate fans.  In the interest of KL Rahul they should stop sugar coating and start making hard calls. As it is he chokes under pressure. What is the point of putting him more under pressure. 

I am hearing one the sponsor for KL Rahul is the same as it is for Rohit/Kohli. They do play some level of influence in their selections.

KL Rahul brand endorsements

Puma, Bharat Pe, Red Bull, Gully, Reserve Bank of India, Boat, Realme, Tata Nexon, Beardo, Zenovit, Cure.\

Rohit sharma endorsements

The brands that he independently endorses are Adidas, Maggi, Oppo, Nissan, Lays, Glenmark, CEAT, Aristocrat, IIFL Finance, Highlanders, Relispray, Rasna, Dream 11 and many others. Reportedly, Sharma charges Rs 1-2 crores per endorsement.

1 hour ago, Chakdephatte said:

It wouldn't impact the team selections (most probably) but social media ttends can harm the mental health of players. Kohli talked about this aspect.

It can be called giving opinion or commenting on the game once, but he is overdoing it. Basically using his user base to launch a campaign. And it benefits none.

It would.

It lights a fire that turns into a storm one day.

----

Venky shouldn't overdo it.

He should be a good little boy and talk about it once.

God forbid he ends up harming the mental health of our players pointing out a simple truth.

I guess deserving players like Gill and Sarfraz should understand that overdoing such criticism is not right for the team...and wait for another 2-3 years.

Sorry for the sarcasm.

But its the silence of the so called nice people which often leads to injustice happening.

If our selectors and analysts and experts had the balls to be honest...we wouldn't be in this situation.

But then...can't blame them cos if they are honest, BCCI will send them packing.

2 hours ago, sensible-indian said:

It would.

It lights a fire that turns into a storm one day.

----

God forbid he ends up harming the mental health of our players pointing out a simple truth.

I guess deserving players like Gill and Sarfraz should understand that overdoing such criticism is not right for the team...and wait for another 2-3 years.

Sorry for the sarcasm.

But its the silence of the so called nice people which often leads to injustice happening.

If our selectors and analysts and experts had the balls to be honest...we wouldn't be in this situation.

But then...can't blame them cos if they are honest, BCCI will send them packing.

mentally fragile kela needs to be protected. and wrapped in wool.

6 hours ago, The Realist said:

About time.

Prasad is verbally molesting one Rahul while the other Rahul watches on like a voyeur - the meek and the submissive @maniac

Prasad needs to reload and turn his guns onto another passenger - Chahal @velu

lot of uncles get addicted to the endorphin rush of sudden social media popularity.  Venky's behavior is a textbook example.

7 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

The way he’s going against KL, looks like he  is trying to get a gig in 

MCAS_74xm6-MdUfE1FBFbnfbzSrLa_7FyFKoxQtr

Sudarshan? Jeez, my Hindi reading ability has gone down drastically, I first read it as "shudh sheen" but it didn't make any sense. Reread it a few times to guess that it could be Sudarshan. All those years of hinthi imposition in my school days didn't work so well, after all. 

Edited by nevada
8 hours ago, Chakdephatte said:

Even I got fooled before someone pointed out that he made his comeback in England. So, past performance doesn't mean anything here. He was our second best batsman in tough series in England and SA. His real failure was in Bangladesh. (Once you add the ongoing series, his case becomes weak, I agree).

It gets overemphasized because of his failures in other formats and past performances in test cricket. 

That will eventually happen if you're playing all 3 formats one after the other. The failures of one format adds up to the tally and there are high chances that will carry forward to other formats as well.

In KL's case, even the Youtube channels like TVF has started mocking him with statements like "pressure game hai, perform nahi hoga". Such comments combined with his failures from Asia Cup T20 is now becoming the talk of town.

Kohli is able to escape this criticism because of his "legacy" and his recent performances in other formats. KL tbh don't have much on his resume apart from odd inns here and there, he is slowly turning into another Rahane with a low/mid 30's average. In comparison, likes of Jaiswal, Sarfaraz, Ruturaj are piling up runs in domestics (Gill in internationals) and it's becoming tough for selectors to keep on ignoring them.

It's unfortunate that when KL was in his purple patch during 2016/2017, we had Dhawan blocking his position and now he's pale shadow of the potential that he had then. 

10 hours ago, sensible-indian said:

Sorry for the sarcasm.

You are talking in Prasad's tone. You don't seem to be in right mood to do so but read my comment with an open mind. If you still don't want to change it's okay.