ICF 10 year anniversary

Gambit

8 minutes ago, Number said:

Joined it more than 5 years ago and for a long time the first thing on internet I used to check was ICF.

Couldn't miss a single post from some of the members like SaneIndian, RKT, BossBhai, The Outsider,Utalk, Raghav, Bulbul aka DumDumDigaDiga, MTC, Asim, Laaloo, Texy, Asterix, Precambrian and more..

Like every forum, posters will come and eventually leave but ICF will survive as long as it sticks to its free-speech with minimum moderation policy and will keep attracting new interesting posters.:two_thumbs_up:

Well said. Moderation here has been very easy for the users to stick. We let people create and post whatever they want as long as they don't go out of limit which starts bothering the fellow ICF members. Yet, even after that we do not ban them that easily. This will continue. We have converted plenty of trolls into regular posters. That is credit to ICF moderation policies over the years. 

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

Well said. Moderation here has been very easy for the users to stick. We let people create and post whatever they want as long as they don't go out of limit which starts bothering the fellow ICF members. Yet, even after that we do not ban them that easily. This will continue. We have converted plenty of trolls into regular posters. That is credit to ICF moderation policies over the years. 

Looks like you missed one :aetsch:

I joined this forum over 4 years before. Initially I joined mainly to play Fantasy cricket/Super Selector along with fellow ICFers. I would have participated in more than 95% of all Fantasy League competitions held in ICF in the past 4 years. I also distinctly remember that the very first Fantasy league competition our very own @India-KXIP fan got the LKC (Lakdi Ka Chamach) and as I was a newbie he told my team name as his team as I was somewhere in the top half and he was in last position. From that time onwards he has been trying to establish himself as a good Super Selector but has only ended up being the Best Midtable finisher in most tourneys :phehe:

I have always enjoyed the banter with him as well other fellow ICFers who regularly play like @sscomp32, @Scarface@Lord , @sourab10forever, @zakk, @Zestian, @Sid_SuhaiL, @PAA-G, @Straight Drive,etc. Also have hosted a number of tournaments which has been a great privilege :icflove:

I think the reduction in posters has been mainly due to the blackout period of around 2 months when ICF was down for the upgrade. Many regular members at that time who thought they cannot live without posting in ICF got to find that they can live without ICF and possibly got involved in other social medias. Also the old interface had online games and other forms of entertainment which meant that it catered to a wider audience who could spend significant amount of time in ICF. I am sure ICF will continue to grow with new members and returning old members, and will hopefully peak by the next WC in 2019.

Edited by Forever Indian

I was just reading an older thread of mine and noticed some of the posters whom we forgot to thank who played vital part in taking this forum to new heights.  I hope some of you guys remember these following members who weren't mentioned earlier. There are many more than these, but these are the ones I can remember right now since they played active part when the site was extremely active during 2011 world cup and after.

Those are

GUY IN ALL BLUE

@Captain of Bhangra

@DomainK

@satishg

@SachDan

@zubinpepsi

@punjabi_khota

@diegovegaz

@Dirty_South

@yoda

@ludhianvi

@Online

@flamy

@Shane

@vvvslaxman

Hiten aka blue brigade

@graphic23

@Dravid 

@nikred

@THX_1138

Dada Rocks

Bonga Samaj

Congratulations ICF for completing 10 years, I'm pleased with the staff and forum members for making the site what it is today.

Although I've lost a lot of interest in the game of cricket over the last 5-6 years, I visit ICF regularly to follow discussions and read hilarious posts and banter. As long as I'm an ICF member, I hope my interest in the game never fades away.

6 hours ago, Captain of Bhangra said:

Wow, ten years.

What a rollercoaster ten years it will have been for Indian Cricket in that time too...

Heyyyyyy!!! Bhangra captain!!!!!:cheer:

Welcome back and stay .:girl:

So nice to see so many old names. :icflove:

Edited by radhika

I joined this forum about 5 years back n before joining used to check out posts as a guest, one guy who I found interesting n very well informed and enjoyed reading about upcoming talent in bowlers coming thru was RKT, also remember some others like Sabby

ExpressBowling, VIshalvirsingh, and most people over here are fun to talk cricket about.

Yes I was a Dada fan n now following Virat closely, we guys could also create a LIne group for ICF or there is one already?

Also found most posters are in touch with cricket n some in-depth n can see and predict our teams course, weaknesses n strengths.

Thank you all

And no hard feelings , I hate posts or people insulting other people because of race, religion or culture, everything else is fun

6 hours ago, Rajiv said:
  • Just checked this. Vow, can't believe it had been 10 years for our birthplace. It was that email from Ravi and the connection between ICF members which gave birth to this place. Ravi was already running a site where Predator_05 was mod
  • There's lot of mention about old members, I wish I could remember all the names but you will always be special
  • Joined Victor Trumper cricket board which took me to Cricketweb to Youtube to ICF ( old Sportsnetwork )
  • Joined as 4th Umpire and a mock name to tease the neighboring PakPassion cricket
  • Started recording matches and making GIF's of wickets
  • Started live broadcasting ( via Yahoo IM, Video with video which would now be called permanent buffering )
  • ICF gave a whole new set of friends during tough personal times
  • Recall so many old members, especially when we had a thread where we shared our recorded voices, funny I have never met them but I will will remember their dialogues ( Varsha from UK, Aditi ( now married ), CoB, NJ , monsoonair ( gul ) , madmax, veer, Aqua
  • There were vid contributions from Gambit ( I believe who started it all ) and Cricketics ( who is a Cricket and Tennis fan )
  • Became desitorrents mod and sort of a close site friend
  • Bossbhai and Birbal ( don't recall his name - lawyer from California ) sent me VHS tapes to convert and upload
  • Rahul and his "Knocking around the nets" articles
  • The Gangulism in old ICF, arguments and the breakup
  • New ICF - all credit mostly to Ravi and Varun for designing it
  • The wonderful article written by our gold members
  • Uploading of classic matches - still on YT
  • The WC2011 Final thread - most perfect ending
  • Most Cherished Videos - India vs Pak 1998 Independence Cup, RahulPindi ( Rahil Dravid in Rawapindin ), Dadagiri ( Ganguly in Brisbane)
  • Being the first ICF billionaire due to a glitch in the betting system, this started a riot of black money on ICF and the satta bazaar was in full action
  • The ICF Loan Shark a/c, that was solid fun
  • Apologies for all bans, arguments, ego shows but that was part of this site and being a Sachin Bakth

Folks I met via ICF

• Ravi - 2004 ( Phone )
  • Joy - 2005 (who had very different views and solid arguments ) ( in Vancouver, not sure where is now )
  • Avijit - 2007 ( who came to Vancouver to renew his H-1 )
  • Under_Score - 2010 ( lives here )
  • Outsider ( Shwetabh ) -  2010 ( New York )
  • Gambit - 2012 ( Mumbai ) ( Phone )

Everything has a shelf life, I keep coming back to check things. I guess, 2011 and Sachins retirement was it, exhausted all arguments, fun, topics, etc and as you get older, things slow down

Brilliant post. I remember Birbal but still not sure whether Birbal was the one whose book I recieved via a Pakistani friend of mine whose name is Basheer. 

Basheer got that gift from Gaurang from sportsnetwork site. He used to use my account there to fight with other Bukhar site members as his id was banned. 

Was Gaurang the same guy as Birbal?

Got the book in October 2006

Lively.gif

I still have your Bodyline series/Astle200 you mailed me in 2006, good old DT days.