It’s time BCCI, PCB work together for resumption of bilateral cricket: Javed Miandad

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/it-s-time-bcci-pcb-work-together-for-resumption-of-bilateral-cricket-javed-miandad/story-YLyjU3TQf9sS8WGWZ7BwgL.html

“It is high time the two boards got on one platform and tried to convince the governments to give clearance for resumption of bilateral cricket between India and Pakistan,” Miandad said in an interview.

“What is the purpose of this World Test Championship or any other ICC backed league if India and Pakistan don’t play against each other,” he said.

Miandad said he had lost all hope in the ICC in playing any role to get India and Pakistan to resume bilateral cricket, which has been suspended since 2008 except for a short limited over series held in 2012-13 in India as a goodwill gesture.

“India and Pakistan series is much bigger than the Ashes and if we work out our issues the two countries can rule the cricket world,” he said.

“No matter the level of political relations in the past we have played cricket in very tense conditions and it has eventually helped the governments,” Miandad stated.

He said if bilateral cricket was held it would help in easing relations between the two countries.

Miandad said that if India and Pakistan can play in ICC events like the World Cup or Champions Trophy or in the Asia Cup, why not in bilateral matches.

“One could reconcile to the situation if there were no matches between the two countries at all but if we can play in ICC events then why not otherwise,” he asked.

The batting great also asked the ICC to keep a close eye on the mushrooming of T20 leagues to prevent any fixing scandals.

I can ask PM Modi to resume ties if they send Dawood with the team.

Miandad is a known hater. I think the strategy of not playing them is working great.

I really dont care about bilaterals but to make IPL truly big global league Pakistan players have to be included. Just my thought.

15 minutes ago, Khota said:

I can ask PM Modi to resume ties if they send Dawood with the team.

Miandad is a known hater. I think the strategy of not playing them is working great.

I really dont care about bilaterals but to make IPL truly big global league Pakistan players have to be included. Just my thought.

No they have their own league we don’t need them neither any of us miss them.

17 minutes ago, speedheat said:

We don't need them, they aren't producing any extraordinary talents like in the 90s

11 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

No they have their own league we don’t need them neither any of us miss them.

I was thinking in terms of a 5 month league. Their own people will not watch PSL if their top talent plays for IPL.

Javed Miandad spews venom against India

Whatever it is, sample a few of Miandad's nasty, venomous lines to Pakistan's Samaa TV: 

- India is a scared country, it gets intimidated easily. 

- I had hit a six against them years ago and they still remember it

- They have to be hit for a six in another field.

- Indians should throw rotten egg Modi out 

- Every Pakistan child ready for martyrdom  in fight against India

https://www.indiatoday.in/sports/cricket/story/javed-miandad-india-pakistan-uri-attacks-surgical-strikes-344887-2016-10-04

Boycott India in ICC events, Miandad tells PCB

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/news/boycott-india-in-icc-events-miandad-tells-pcb/articleshow/59942456.cms

‘Shame on you’: Shocked Miandad slams Afridi’s India love

https://www.hindustantimes.com/world-t20/shame-on-you-shocked-miandad-lashes-out-at-afridi-for-his-india-love/story-J51NY6eMJbteTNHeQ1FPnL.html

1361820813_miandad.jpg.a981d0255992619ba2e04e4bdc6b52cb.jpg

Chal Bhaag Bose DK.