King Tendulkar

Ashwin you are a ficking disgrace

Was Ashwin right or wrong?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Was Ashwin right or wrong?

I remember when we toured Eng last year, Butler pulled this stunt many times in T20s/ODIs. He kept getting a headstart, Kuldeep particularly got frustrated because of that and lost his focus, many times he pulled out of the run up to warn Butler but didn't have the guts to pull off a Mankaded. Ashwin has used this mode of dismissal before in the 2012 CB series, Thirimanne was the batter in question then and was legit out but skipper Viru's heart melted and he took back the appeal. Indians stop being pussies, if there is a rule use it. Play hard but within the rules, nobody likes defeatist losers. And FFS stop feeling sorry for Poms. 

There is absolutely nothing disgraceful about mankading. I do a a lot of bowling and each time batsman mooves out of the crease before the delivery and If I have noticed it, It impacts my bowling rythm. He did absolutely right thing. Its batsmen who are cheating.

For me, Ashwin is the best captain this IPL. Take a bow

5 minutes ago, Bigg Brother said:

Mankanding is well within rule but this one looks like he waited for Buttler to get out of crease and then ran him out which He shouldn't have done..

Which is within the rule ?

i don’t get the fuss here , he dint cheat exactly 

@beetle what I wrote wasn't offensive, you needn't have edited that part. Randi rona has origins from Punjabi and the 1st word apparently means widow in Punjabi, so basically it means crying like a widow and not what you think it means. I wouldn't have used that phrase otherwise, have been corrected about this in the past, just letting you know. 

7 minutes ago, zen said:

this is NOT Mankading but Ashwining 

Your favorite cricketer cum hero Vinoo Mankad started this form of dismissal, now don't you disassociate from him :hitler:

5 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Clearly not a Mankad :no:

http://streamable.com/ny3r1

Batsmen do walk internationally to gain advantage. They also know that it will distract the bowler. Screw batsmen. Personally, I hate it. I want few more such incident to happen regularly so that i dont have to request the batsman before taking him down

6 minutes ago, mishra said:

There is absolutely nothing disgraceful about mankading. I do a a lot of bowling and each time batsman mooves out of the crease before the delivery and If I have noticed it, It impacts my bowling rythm. He did absolutely right thing. Its batsmen who are cheating.

For me, Ashwin is the best captain this IPL. Take a bow

Nothing wrong with mankading..

this took it one step ahead, pausing the run up and waiting for the runner to walk out.... this was Ashwining.

10 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Your favorite cricketer cum hero Vinoo Mankad started this form of dismissal, now don't you disassociate from him :hitler:

I do not mind Mankading if the batsman is taking unfair advantage. This was not Mankading but "Ashwining" .... I recommend that you "watch" the difference 

Edited by zen

11 minutes ago, Bigg Brother said:

Mankanding is well within rule but this one looks like he waited for Buttler to get out of crease and then ran him out which He shouldn't have done..

Well umpire could have ruled not out in that case. Fielding team has every right to appeal. 

7 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Clearly not a Mankad :no:

http://streamable.com/ny3r1

Tell that to umpire, or maybe hope ICC can get more clear about their archaic rules. 

7 minutes ago, mishra said:

Bingo.

The crybabies here didn't see or probably don't remember how Butler screwed us over with headstarts in the T20/ODI series last year. And what the bowler did was as per ICC rules, ratified by officials in charge, why are they taking the crybaby batsman's side here?

Make the rule simple

Batsman cannot leave until bowl is delivered. More balance between bat and ball

4 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

Nothing wrong with mankading..

this took it one step ahead, pausing the run up and waiting for the runner to walk out.... this was Ashwining.

Watch it again.  Ashwin must have noticed it and even before his action is complete Buler is out of crease. Watch it carefully. So Ashwin is right

Just now, Nikola said:

are you for sure kidding me? this guy don't deserves to be anywhere near indian team in atleast short formats.

He just won a game by his captaincy in short format. Field placing was brilliant. Mankading was brilliant. He is ready to take a punch for team. Thats pure original Captain material for me

1 minute ago, mishra said:

Watch it again.  Ashwin must have noticed it and even before his action is complete Buler is out of crease. Watch it carefully. So Ashwin is right

Ashwin has said before that he wouldn't mind using Mankading as a strategy and plan well in advance.. He did just that today

It wasnt disgraceful because its within the rules of the game but what ashwin did was wrong on his part especially as a captain, I say this because butler wasn't advancing too much in his whole innings and ashwin could have issued a warning or a mouthing prior to this but he chose to directly run him out when he wasnt even advancing far down. 

Ashwin knew they weren't going to get butler out so best way (even publicity wise) was an out of the box plan 

Ashwin studies and understands all the rules of the game. He will always play along th elines to get an edge

Game is so batsman friendly that you need to think out of the box within the rules

The law is clear -

Law 41.16: If the non-striker is out of his/her ground from the moment the ball comes into play to the instant when the bowler would normally have been expected to release the ball, the bowler is permitted to attempt to run him/her out. Whether the attempt is successful or not, the ball shall not count as one in the over.

You don't stop midway & wait a second or two to run the batter out, that's not Mankad it's Prickwin :whack3:

Edited by R!TTER

16 minutes ago, Gollum said:

@beetle what I wrote wasn't offensive, you needn't have edited that part. Randi rona has origins from Punjabi and the 1st word apparently means widow in Punjabi, so basically it means crying like a widow and not what you think it means. I wouldn't have used that phrase otherwise, have been corrected about this in the past, just letting you know. 

wrong

Nothing wrong honestly coz its within rules and butler has history of getting mankand.

I still remember sachitra senanayake mankanding Butler once but he warned butler before that, don't know if ashwin did the same or not.

In the WC game hope our fielders are in Butler's ears all the time reminding him of the Mankading, bossdiwalla cheated us last year with this nonsense and none of our bowlers had the balls to pull this stunt, maybe they were fearing a hostile reaction from English crowd. Kuldeep wanted to do this but backed out, all those who watched those matches will agree. No place for losers, no place for spirit of (nonsense) cricket.

Spirit of cricket screwed us in the 1980 Golden Jubilee Mumbai test when skipper Vishy called back Bob Taylor and then allowed a match winning partnership with Botham to develop. What happened when our losers called back Ian Bell after that run out in the 2011 Trent Bridge test, what followed next? Did Poms reciprocate that in our next tour, no they physically assaulted Jadeja in an area where cameras weren't installed/working. Back in the 2001 home series was Hussain following spirit of the sport when he made Giles bowl negative lines whole day to our batsmen, especially SRT? 

Spirit of nonsense is akhand chewtiyapa which the goras will never follow, stop getting fooled all the time morons. Develop an attitude to win, be bloody minded about it. If you feel so bad for poor old Butler sign a petition to change the Mankaded rules, addressed to ICC office. Bahut g@nd jal rahi hai naa, do that instead of hissy fits here, some concrete action. 

Edited by Gollum