Can Dhoni turn it around in the knock-outs?

If he reduces the number of dot balls and rotate the strike more, it’ll help. Nobody's expecting him to go all guns blazing...

Most of us have issues of him wasting overs after overs and also denying batting to the other batsman by hogging the strike...

He wastes atleast 2 balls every over... its frustrating...it angers me... Everybody feels helpless (except his sucker fans) at that time... His main aim at that time is not to take any risks and lose his wicket... 

Edited by asterix

As i hv stated earlier we can only hope that he bats while wearing a yellow jursey with afterthoughts of eating biryani with sirni mama.... Nd also if he can somehow see unadkats nd dhawals in English bowlers.. i m keeping my fingers crossed.. meanwhile his PR agency has already started with their fatuous campaign in line of an imminent retirement of lord thala..brace ur self with frivolous tweets nd post of 2011 wankhede six nd countless sad emojis in times to come.. even if we loose the semis with him fluffing it big time.. i can bet my money that lord thala's retirement news will be breaking TRP meter nd India's lose will catch a few lips.. this is what we deserve when we make a player greater than this country.. this hero worshipping culture has done more harm to indian cricket..

Edited by Amit228

He played atleast 2 dot balls every over... Then he uses one ball for a single... that leaves the other batsman 3 remaining deliveries in which he’s to take risk to score boundaries or unfortunately end up taking a single... with invariable Dhoni playing the 5th ball of the over as DOT and then taking a single on the last ball to hog the strike in the next over... 

In the next over he’ll play 2 DOT balls and take a single on 3rd... 

Keeo on repeating this... till we start swearing on that MoFo...

Edited by asterix
1 hour ago, asterix said:

If he reduces the number of dot balls and rotate the strike more, it’ll help. Nobody's expecting him to go all guns blazing...

Most of us have issues of him wasting overs after overs and also denying batting to the other batsman by hogging the strike...

He wastes atleast 2 balls every over... its frustrating...it angers me... Everybody feels helpless (except his sucker fans) at that time... His main aim at that time is not to take any risks and lose his wicket... 

he just dead bats everything straight these days.

Best chance for us will be to bat first. In case we are chasing, our top order should bat at run rate that English are forced to use most of their main bowlers.

No point to expect Dhoni to bat at higher SR against better English bowlers like Archer and Wood.

Short answer - a loud no.

Across 4 WCs, he has a grand total of 2 good knocks, all of which have come only when someone at the other end has dominated. Last one was vs Zim in 2015 when Raina was blazing to a 100.

Add other ICC events- CTs of 2006, 09, 13 and 17 and T20 WCs of 2007, 09, 10, 12, 14, 16..you can count at most 1 or 2 decent knocks. 

So 14 ICC tournaments, 76 matches,  batting average of 36, ZERO 100s, a grand total of one MoM. At best an average career and should not even be counted as the best Indian keeper in ICC tournaments. That will always be Dravid.