Positive impacts of staying home in this Covid-19 era

Cricketics

So corona and shyt has dented lot of our daily activities but lets form a list of positive impacts which the whole lockdown thing will have. Keep it positive only.

To start with , I think many people who can work from home and are able to work from home will manage to have pretty good savings without spending much. I mean seriously there is nothing really to spend money on in the next few months.  Plus there is is option to use your technical skills to take up more opportunities working from home and even make more money while sitting at your home with your family around.

Add on

LOL yes. I have not been spending on anything except groceries. I am thinking about ordering a treadmill to set up at home. 

But stay at home has been good for the savings yes. Let's see how long I get to keep my job though with all the crap that's happening!

32 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Cooking. Trying all different recipes , Cooked Veg Tehri using Instant pot. Tastes awesome with raita

I was solo for a month in Feb - parents in India, wife had gone to Seattle to help her sister with a new baby, did a bit of cooking and experimenting then.  Now I'm enjoying being lazy and being fed by mom & wifey.  I think either this Sunday or Monday is going to be yogurt rice day, will see what the weather's like  ;)

One new positive, I have stack full of vacation time and sick hours left which I can use early next year for a long India trip. I mean plenty of hours, which I plenty of hours which I earlier planned to use this March and some in summer are now intact. I am excited that by the start of Fall season, I would have accrued even more good amount of vacation time to use for my next vacation to may be India. 

I don't have to make excuses for WFH anymore, I wake up at 10 and login, get my work done, and don't have to "pretend to work", and just go to my living room, and do some kettlebells, stretching.

Cooking! I've been meaning to start cooking for a while, and took a break after moving to my new condo, now getting back to things. Gotta love Instant Pot!

Peruvian Chicken is next. I had to substitute my Berbere with Ras-el-hanout the other day, so my Ethiopian Chicken stew became Moroccan :giggle:

I'm "hanging out" and connecting with more friends now, as more events are online, whereas previously too lazy to step out and drive.

7 hours ago, flamy said:

I don't have to make excuses for WFH anymore, I wake up at 10 and login, get my work done, and don't have to "pretend to work", and just go to my living room, and do some kettlebells, stretching.

Cooking! I've been meaning to start cooking for a while, and took a break after moving to my new condo, now getting back to things. Gotta love Instant Pot!

Peruvian Chicken is next. I had to substitute my Berbere with Ras-el-hanout the other day, so my Ethiopian Chicken stew became Moroccan :giggle:

I'm "hanging out" and connecting with more friends now, as more events are online, whereas previously too lazy to step out and drive.

Talking about hangout, the whole virtual happy hour and stuff has gotten so popular all of a sudden and I am loving it and brings back some great memories. I remember doing A lot of virtual skype sessions with friends back during High School and undergrad years and then it kind of died. There has been sort of a rebirth of it because of current conditions but its one we should appreciate.

On 3/28/2020 at 4:30 AM, Cricketics said:

To start with , I think many people who can work from home and are able to work from home will manage to have pretty good savings without spending much. I mean seriously there is nothing really to spend money on in the next few months.  

no consumption .. no profits .. job loss 

dont blame wall street :bike:

54 minutes ago, velu said:

no consumption .. no profits .. job loss 

dont blame wall street :bike:

I agree, its sad. I think we must contribute to our respective local markets once things get back on. Things like buying or eating at local business shops/restaurants will be a good start to support local business. We should all show at least that much support. 

On 3/27/2020 at 6:53 PM, Cricketics said:

One new positive, I have stack full of vacation time and sick hours left which I can use early next year for a long India trip. I mean plenty of hours, which I plenty of hours which I earlier planned to use this March and some in summer are now intact. I am excited that by the start of Fall season, I would have accrued even more good amount of vacation time to use for my next vacation to may be India. 

Pehle Corona ko sambhalo, Baad mein chhutti ki chinta kariyo, theek hain?

On 3/29/2020 at 10:49 PM, mishra said:

Want the torture to end asap even at the cost of credit card bill. 

Mahabharat at home may start any time

:nono:

Osama bin Laden was stuck with 3 (or was it 4) wives in a home for 8-10 years. That too in Pakistan.

Now I feel he must have leaked his location to the CIA himself.