Reports reveal that it was Virat Kohli who convinced MS Dhoni not to retire yet

8 hours ago, The Realist said:

Looks like Kohli enjoys back door action with the Old Man while the others have to wait in line patiently...

Image result for kohli and dhoni

In this picture, you can see Jaddu eyeing them both. He will show them both what it means to be a true sword-wielding man.

This love affair of VK with Dhoni is nauseating. makes one wonder who VK is closest with: Anushka, Bewda or Dhoni. I say MSD, Bewda and Anushka. VK reminds me of the generic protagonist from harem anime - lacks a personality and can't do anything by himself so he builds up a large number of acolytes to do things for him. bewda to stroke his ego, MSD to serve as the de facto captain, and anushka to teach him PR glitz.

On 7/23/2019 at 8:40 PM, diga said:
On 7/23/2019 at 8:17 PM, New guy said:

I love how you left sachin out, lol. Dhoni wouldn't even be in the picture if these 3 hadn't stepped aside and india hadn't won t20 wc. He would never have been this big in cricket 

Thats because I think Sachin was disappointed at not being part of 2007 T20 squad. Will dig the article when I find time. But he did fully concur with the idea of T20 game  being for youngsters

Check this thread in ICF itself.. Back then there were quite a few articles on Sachin being disappointed 

8 hours ago, Charlie_ said:

corruption, cliques, PR agents behind the scene. They literally gave away the world cup to keep king pin Dhoni in playing eleven. In any sane world some one should suspend all involved for 6 months and investigated. There is no way len-den wasnt done behind the scenes. 

The selectors themselves seem to be handpicked stooges. Total lightweights who can be easily bullied and silenced with some incentive.

3 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

A great batsman but a very poor leader with very limited ability to spot and groom talent. Indian cricket will only suffer further with many young talents withering away if he continues to be in charge.

Incorrect. He does spots the talent. He has made comments about Gill Shaw and others batting talent.

And then decides to NOT pick them

33 minutes ago, mishra said:

Incorrect. He does spots the talent. He has made comments about Gill Shaw and others batting talent.

Which comes under the groom talent part. I strongly believe he makes those positive comments just for the sake of it and never really means it. Too many such instances in the last 2 years.

2 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

A great batsman but a very poor leader with very limited ability to spot and groom talent. Indian cricket will only suffer further with many young talents withering away if he continues to be in charge.

You cannot term him dumb ,his every activity is well planned and brand oriented,he is simply harnessing his massive stature to his monetary benefits

He is very cunning and some people think he is foolish,he won't allow anyone challenging his starpower

Rohit is infact idiot he could have used his last ipl triumph to his advantage for his quest of this teams odi captaincy,alas it did not happen

3 hours ago, mishra said:

It's diplomacy. He isn't going to say any XYZ player is talentless or something similar when asked. Ask him about any random domestic player and his answer will be on similar lines.

3 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Which comes under the groom talent part. I strongly believe he makes those positive comments just for the sake of it and never really means it. Too many such instances in the last 2 years.

I dont fall for logic that he is "incapable of talent Grooming". My opinion is, he is intentionally killing any potential competetion/threat to his brand.

Edited by mishra