India ODI squad vs West Indies

ssurenn

Pandey is the sort of player who will plunder runs at domestic level, do decently against middle rung international attacks, but somehow come up short against real top quality attacks. He's a supreme athelete, wish he cld be a permanent sub fielder, but his bat swing & ball striking just ain't clean enough to succeed against the best.

Many better alternatives around for our LOI middle order IMO. His & Kedar's selection tells me we haven't learnt anything from the middle order selection blunders leading up to 2019 WC.

41 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

Jadhav still playing :whack:

Thought Sharma was being rested. Missed the golden opportunity to try Rahul at the top for a full your.

Shankar should have been ahead of Dube as the sixth bowling option. Both are average bowlers, but Shankar's batting is more suited for ODIs

Pandey in ODIs is a good selection. Still think he and Iyer would make a good middle order 

I would pick dube over Vijay Shankar.

Dube is very hard hitting batsmen where as Vijay is also good but not truly hard hitting. 

So at no 6 in an odi..v need a hard hitting 35 in 18 balls kind of innings which Vijay cant play ..hardik or dube can.

Dube has a heavy bouncer which gets him wickets and is well known as it gets big on batsmen and is fast too.lets see.

He is a better fielder than Vijay too.

6 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

I would pick dube over Vijay Shankar.

Dube is very hard hitting batsmen where as Vijay is also good but not truly hard hitting. 

So at no 6 in an odi..v need a hard hitting 35 in 18 balls kind of innings which Vijay cant play ..hardik or dube can.

Dube has a heavy bouncer which gets him wickets and is well known as it gets big on batsmen and is fast too.lets see.

He is a better fielder than Vijay too.

Bowling - both are military medium pace. Nothing to choose between them

Fielding - I rate Shankar higher. He was a very safe outfielder in the limited number of matches he played. Kohli rated his fielding highly

Batting - I'd have Shankar play at 5, Pant at 6 and Jadeja at 7, given that there is no Pandya. Pant and Jadeja are the hard hitters.. and clearly Shankar ahead of Dube at 5 for ODIs

Nothing wrong in not selecting guys like , Gill, Shaw and all other top order batsmen who have nothing to add to T20s teams or odi middle order.

This Indian team needs to thumpers who can wack the ball.They should have selected atleast one young fast bowler instead of filling the squad with trundlers.

What else can you expect from the most useless selector in MSK.Glad this bozo is gone.

Kedar Jadhav, Bhuvi, Pandey, Chahar,Dube,Jadeja

I am going to pull off an Altaaf Hussain and ask PM Shri Imran Khan niazi for asylum :wall: but I guess their selections are even worse,

Maybe Rajapaksa anna, in fact couple of  years back I was in Tirupati and  there was a lot of security because he had visited the temple the same day, so we have that in common :)

8 hours ago, bowl_out said:

Bowling - both are military medium pace. Nothing to choose between them

Fielding - I rate Shankar higher. He was a very safe outfielder in the limited number of matches he played. Kohli rated his fielding highly

Batting - I'd have Shankar play at 5, Pant at 6 and Jadeja at 7, given that there is no Pandya. Pant and Jadeja are the hard hitters.. and clearly Shankar ahead of Dube at 5 for ODIs

With all the big 3 ..rohit dhawan n kohli back and shreyas in full form..do we need a steady batsmen at 5..our top 4 will not give no 5 much chance to dig in, batsmen has to start scoring from ball 1.

Pant is hard hitting but jaddu tries to hit hard..but he doesn't carry a physique to be a genuine hard hitter.

Dube is India's most deadly hard hitter today.

Shankar is a bit sissy ..under pressure situations, he underperformed in the past .

At no 5 no one will appreciate a 40 in 40 innings..he needs to score 40 in 20 balls.

I don't think he is better than dube, you will come to know soon.

I know Vijay is a fair good batsmen and a smart slow medium pacer.

But dube is a bundle of God gifted talent kinda similar to hardik pandya.