Is Rishabh Pant the Afridi of Indian team ?

kubrickian

20 minutes ago, maniac said:

That is actually a very good comparison. Umar Akmal when he came on to the scene had some raw ability the way he played guys like Bond, Johnson etc showed that. Instead of building on it and working on it he regressed and became a hack and tried to smack the leather off of everything.

Pant is going the same way right now.

However one hope is Pant has a much better work ethic than Duckmal. Let's hope he improves.

That is utter nonsense, Umar Akmal is/was an idiot who was too scared to play in top of the order.Pant is far better batsman than Umar Akmal ever was in his career.

20 minutes ago, putrevus said:

That is utter nonsense, Umar Akmal is/was an idiot who was too scared to play in top of the order.Pant is far better batsman than Umar Akmal ever was in his career.

You haven't seen him in his first 2 series then. He took on some good bowlers on bouncy pitches. Yes he spiraled fast. He had everyone fooled when you saw him in those matches. You probably are imagining the Akmal of present day or for the last few years.

1 hour ago, maniac said:

That is actually a very good comparison. Umar Akmal when he came on to the scene had some raw ability the way he played guys like Bond, Johnson etc showed that. Instead of building on it and working on it he regressed and became a hack and tried to smack the leather off of everything.

Pant is going the same way right now.

Akmal problem was pak had a poor very poor discipline in that phase and his own brother was a very poor inspiration. During that phase both shehzad n him grew overconfident n stopped working hard thats what their downfall was. This also was a downfall of afridi the batsman, he stopped working hard on his batting and then confidence went down which he tried to resort with an excuse of his style. 

Pant wont have same problem with Kohli, rohit, Pujara, rahane around. They are good seniors to have. They have also kept kiran more n saha to help him with keeping. Indian cricket have better nurturing towards cricketer then pakistan cricket

Pant is also lucky to have someone like ponting as coach in DC....so i dnt see pant going down that road

He is 21 and youngsters go through such thing, we are overthinking about it. 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
32 minutes ago, maniac said:

You haven't seen him in his first 2 series then. He took on some good bowlers on bouncy pitches. Yes he spiraled fast. He had everyone fooled when you saw him in those matches. You probably are imagining the Akmal of present day or for the last few years.

I did see him in those series, he was good but he always was batting low down the order, I would rate his brother better batsman than this guy.Any batsman should relish batting in top three but this guy was so reluctant.

I like Pant but he has to get his mind right. I know he was sent to hit the ball from the get go and has the ability to launch from ball one but he chose the wrong ball. That was almost a wide if he left it. I hvae mentioned it before that he needs to talk to someone like Dravid to get his mind right. In the meanwhile, someone like Samson or Kishen needs to be given a fair go. He has the ability to turn into a Gilchrist type but plays like an Afridi

11 hours ago, raki05 said:

I don't think Ishan is any better....At least guys like Samson when in zone bats like proper batsmen...more than technique this guy pant attitude looks so bad. He comes to the crease with sluggish walk doesn't run well and on top of that looses Ballance while playing shots and have this victim mentality also laughs like an idiot while gets out on loose shots.

Too much influence from his likable seniors

yz.jpg