Does Kohli have ZERO conscience?

9 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Can't agree with that, Rahane for me didn't lose control at any point in the series post Adelaide. Yes we let Oz get sometimes too many runs, due to poor catching & yes defensive fields but contrast that to Eng or SA tours - were we ever really in control at any point in the game except TB? You had a much better bowling attack here, albeit better batting conditions as well, & arguably a much feared side crushing opponents at home like flies! Expectations though might be the biggest difference - we literally had none here.

What can you not agree? All i wrote is Rahane read brilliantly. You have to agree with that :) and I don't give a damn who leads. I have asked for Bumrah and Gill to be prepared for the future, even though Bumrah is a bowler, I maintain he should be the next game. All I am vouching in my post to not lose our mind.

Sucess hasn't gone into the had of players, and it shouldn't go in the head of fans where they start blaming people sitting out. Thats all. 

11 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Not gonna happen.  We love to prey on our own with compare and contrast games. 

Kohli haters love Sachin, Dhoni, Rohit and Rahane and will do anything to prove that Kohli is scum,  Sachin haters love Dhoni and Kohli, Dhoni haters love Kohli and Sachin etc. etc. 

Right now, Rahane is universally loved.  Wait till he trips up a few times ... Kohli lovers will come out in droves. 

On and on it goes, and it is up to unkals like me to be the voice of reason with posts like this :-)!!  

I think it is clear case of success going into the head of many fans. I have seen it happen to Aussie/English fans when they win ashes, and desi people are ahead in this since we treat this game as religion and emotions get too high for  us. 

A lot of us fans are worried about success going into our player's head but I am starting to realize that fans should be the first one to ensure that their team's success doesn't go on their head which it mostly does when we win and we start seeing that we are the greatest in everything with what we just achieved. 

TM has to take call who is the best captain material after this. It seems Kohli didn't want any discussion on this, hence decided to schedule this selection very quickly. For me, most senior players give their best under Rahane captaincy as they seem more assured. Kohli's man management skill is a suspect. Also he seems more anxious which shows in his captaincy. I remember he asked Puj to increase SR and dropped him for a test or two which is opposite to his natural play. Such things add extra pressure for the player. No player seems assured when Kohli is captain. It seems even Ashwin dont like Virat's captaincy much , I can see that he wanted to desperately win under Rahane's captaincy. I dont think Rahane is a natural leader, but he seems better than Kohli and has an ability to make the team gel. But I dont think Kohli will give up the captaincy, why would he? It is the selectors who have to take a bold call. I think they are the puppets of Kohli, so I dont think they will do that. 

Before the series started people here were abusing Rahane and even said he is made captain by Kohli coz he dsnt want anyone else to topple him as he knows Rahane is pathetic. 

All of a sudden rahane is the best thing ever. :cantstop:and same posters are singing songs for him. 

Just my 2 cents. 

I love them all equally :yay:

4 minutes ago, dilliboy said:

Only fear for Pant under Kohli.. For some reason Kohli doesn't seem to like him very much and hence I have rarely seen him outwardly praise Rishabh. I used to think Shastri was the main reason but think Kohli is the biggest impediment for Rishabh becoming a regular in all formats

Who brought Pant in the team? 

47 minutes ago, OpeningBatsman said:

Before the series started people here were abusing Rahane and even said he is made captain by Kohli coz he dsnt want anyone else to topple him as he knows Rahane is pathetic. 

All of a sudden rahane is the best thing ever. :cantstop:and same posters are singing songs for him. 

Just my 2 cents. 

This.

These idiots are opportunistic, just want to create some controversial theory about kohli everytime. 

21 minutes ago, dilliboy said:

Only fear for Pant under Kohli.. For some reason Kohli doesn't seem to like him very much and hence I have rarely seen him outwardly praise Rishabh. I used to think Shastri was the main reason but think Kohli is the biggest impediment for Rishabh becoming a regular in all formats

Well, after this series Rishab is a legend, any selector or captain that drops him will get lot of flak. 

19 minutes ago, puneet28 said:

General trend to think any rising batsman a good captain. I would say Bumrah could be next one after Kohli/Rahane.

@beetle True, but there's something about his demeanor that suggests gravitas.  Quietly confident, dignified, unflappable.  Not that it guarantees he is captaincy material, but there's something there.   

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

Expectedly the thread has hurt many Kohli cheerleaders on this forum. Doesn't matter one bit. Facts have to be told plainly without any sentiments. If it makes me a hater, so be it.

I have been critical of his atrociously incompetent leadership since early 2019 and will continue to do so till the time he doesn't resign or gets sacked. 

9 hours ago, OpeningBatsman said:

Just my 2 cents. 

And that's true kohli had no confidence in his own team and brandu thought haar ka dhikra will come on hahane, ek teer do nishana. But boy hahane turned it around, as a batsmen I do not like him but as a captain he looked diamond. Rahane is vice-versa to Kohli, Kohli is great batsmen but he is mediocre captain for all his fake bravado he always surrendered like pussy even when we had to chase a target under 170 against sl let's not even bring Gaba and 330.

Edited by raki05
4 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Expectedly the thread has hurt many Kohli cheerleaders on this forum. Doesn't matter one bit. Facts have to be told plainly without any sentiments. If it makes me a hater, so be it.

I have been critical of his atrociously incompetent leadership since early 2019 and will continue to do so till the time he doesn't resign or gets sacked. 

Do you even know what facts are? your thoughts are just that... not facts.

Man we have some bitter fans, always have to put down someone, either current or past players.

what the team achieved yesterday was magical and ethereal. yet instead of basking in their success, we have people bitching...

Dont blame virat for going away. Was right call.

However, you cannot penalize people who perform when you go away. Imo kohli should come back as a normal batsman. This shoild have come from within to keep the team at the heart of things. Both rohit in loi and rahane in tests are better captains

Somebody like Smith is now playing as a batsman. Kohli too would reach new heights.