The Rahane/Team India gesture to Lyon was brilliant

Cricketics

1 hour ago, Cricketics said:

I thought that was well thought by handing him the signed jersey. Play tough and hard cricket and then after the series recognize your opposition.  100 test is a big feat for any player and Rahane showed all class by offering a signed jersey. 

This team has learned a lot from Dhoni by handing over trophy to the youngest member of the squad and then doing these little gestures. @velu thala will appreciate also since Dhoni's name hasn't arrived on ICF in last few weeks. 

Yup it was a good gesture. He was really dejected at the end of the match, hope he was cheered up by the gesture.

3 hours ago, Cricketics said:

I thought that was well thought by handing him the signed jersey. Play tough and hard cricket and then after the series recognize your opposition.  100 test is a big feat for any player and Rahane showed all class by offering a signed jersey. 

This team has learned a lot from Dhoni by handing over trophy to the youngest member of the squad and then doing these little gestures. @velu thala will appreciate also since Dhoni's name hasn't arrived on ICF in last few weeks. 

May be he told him:  "Garry, here's a jersey with the names of all the guys whose wickets you couldn't take ;-)"  

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

great gesture, he will probably hate looking at the shirt for the next few years, but when he retires and looks back at it, years down the road things will be in perspective. its just a game after all and he will appreciate the gesture more then. Rahane and the management probably planned the gesture before they knew the result so it was very gracious from them

Edited by Cricketphile

Here's another take on it...

https://twitter.com/tickerscricket/status/1351556265558867969?s=19

Can't stop thinking about this, about how brilliant it is, and about how wonderfully well it's worked. An absolutely top-drawer piece of alpha shithousery and every media outlet responding with "Classy Touch"

So many elements to it. Even India surely can't believe their luck with how far Lyon has to walk to get it. All puts me in mind of every Partridge studio set, where everything is slightly too far apart and every walk across it takes an excruciating few seconds too long.

Then there's Rahane summoning him to collect it when he obviously doesn't want to. Respect for Rahane through the roof here.

Love to know whose idea this was, and also whose idea it was to force Lyon to come and collect it and have to be gracious in front of everyone. Because that's what really elevates it.

The "Classy touch" would just have been to give it to him in the rooms. This is shithousery ingeniously masked as classiness. Which is brilliant in and of itself.

But especially so here because shithousery under cover of classiness is the precise trick Australia have tried and so spectacularly failed to pull off since Cape Town.

Winning the series was quite good too, I suppose.

12 minutes ago, Sooda said:

Can't stop thinking about this, about how brilliant it is, and about how wonderfully well it's worked. An absolutely top-drawer piece of alpha shithousery and every media outlet responding with "Classy Touch"

So many elements to it. Even India surely can't believe their luck with how far Lyon has to walk to get it. All puts me in mind of every Partridge studio set, where everything is slightly too far apart and every walk across it takes an excruciating few seconds too long.

Then there's Rahane summoning him to collect it when he obviously doesn't want to. Respect for Rahane through the roof here.

Love to know whose idea this was, and also whose idea it was to force Lyon to come and collect it and have to be gracious in front of everyone. Because that's what really elevates it.

The "Classy touch" would just have been to give it to him in the rooms. This is shithousery ingeniously masked as classiness. Which is brilliant in and of itself.

But especially so here because shithousery under cover of classiness is the precise trick Australia have tried and so spectacularly failed to pull off since Cape Town.

He is fine to have his opinion. We know Rahane well enough now, and we know there was no malice involved. It was as genuine as it could get. Fans see most things from the lens of criticism.   

Also by doing so in the presentation ceremony, it only shows they are trying to somehow recognize him in the public since it was a proper award winning ceremony. This guy on twitter has surely done well to increase his following but infact his own thread is absolute top drawer shithousery. 

32 minutes ago, Sooda said:

HAHAHHA!

this is a case of two cultures colliding. one is Indian culture where being painfully nice and respectful is a virtue, and at the other end of the spectrum is the Aussie culture where such a display is so OTT it's bordering on taking the piss or viewed with suspicion. personally i thought it was well intentioned but OTT

Lyon will probably hate to look at it for a long time.

BUT he should look at it as a nice free investment in an FD or a bond. Years from now this could fetch a nice price at some auction.  I'm pretty sure you'll have rich Indian cricket tragics lining up to buy it.

Hell if I had the money and if he were offering to sell, I'd buy that damn shirt and frame it on my wall.

It's only a memento of the greatest series win in India's cricket history after all.