Is Washington, Kohli’s “Project Jadeja”

maniac

I don’t know, just get the feeling, Kohli is the guy totally backing him the fullest.

Washington was rated highly by Dravid during his U-19 days but all of a sudden caught everyone’s attention as this 18-19 year old bowler who had this incredible maturity for his age.

Fast tracked to internationals , Went on to be Man of the tournament in his very first international outing.

Next thing you know, he is picked by RCB.

He has a mediocre season with RCB but still isn’t forgotten and continued  to get  international opportunities as a bench player.

Soon with a few decent outings he starts to become regular in the T20 side.

Continues to be backed in RCB matches like getting promoted to the order etc.

Was held back as a backup in the test side and was pushed ahead of Kuldeep to get a test debut.

Even during RCB post match interviews Kohli used to go “Washi bowled/batted well” etc Just like if you guys recollect Dhoni used to do the same with Jadeja.

Now he seems  to be getting a solid run in tests and has so far been good. A much better start than what Jadeja had when he started.

He is only 20, so I am sure he will see some highs and lows. I have a feeling he will be backed with the same intensity Jadeja was all those years. How it will turn out in the long run we will find out:

But get the feeling this is Kohli’s “Project Jadeja”. He must have learnt and picked up something from Dhoni all these years right ? Have a feeling we are going to have some fun with this.

kohli cant back anyone properly .....RCB is handled by kohli and its where his batting talent is completely wasted. 

2nd test he shudnt have been dropped, last test his bowling was underused. 

anyways there cant be another project jaddu.....coz that time there werent even options. Ony 2 guys jaddu use to compete pathan bros among which irfan was getting injued every now n then and dhoni never rated yusuf that highly in long run

2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

kohli cant back anyone properly .....RCB is handled by kohli and its where his batting talent is completely wasted. 

anyways there cant be another project jaddu.....coz that time there werent even options. Ony 2 guys jaddu use to compete pathan bros among which irfan was getting injued every now n then and dhoni never rated yusuf that highly in long run

Yes I agree with this. In dhoni captaincy players got more chances with out performed regularly. Especially rohith after 2012 sl odi series. In Kohli captaincy players not backing that much.  May be competition also one of the reason. I am absorve one thing Kohli backing bowlers more than batsman. 

3 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

By the same account Kohli had other bits and pieces players similar to

Washington as well in Krunal and Axar (in LOI’s I think he is one). Krunal more or less had a similar impact in his first few games and on top of that he is Hardik’s brother and he is close to Kohli at least it comes across that way. 

Washington however seems to have gotten the nod and rightfully so obviously in this case based on future long term potential.

Also observe the way Kohli praised him during IPL. I think first season he didn’t handle him well but has now started to use him better.

Any way it’s just my observation that’s all and I would like to believe  I have a good eye to spot these things. 

4 hours ago, maniac said:

By the same account Kohli had other bits and pieces players similar to

Washington as well in Krunal and Axar (in LOI’s I think he is one). Krunal more or less had a similar impact in his first few games and on top of that he is Hardik’s brother and he is close to Kohli at least it comes across that way. 

Again that bits n pieces crap..... Sundar is potenitally a batsman who can bowl. Most all rounder numbers at start will make them look like bits n pieces be it kallis, shakib, imran

Krunal was unfairely dumped but he was dumped for jaddu not for sundar

4 hours ago, maniac said:

Washington however seems to have gotten the nod and rightfully so obviously in this case based on future long term potential.

He can bowl in PP his biggest advantage over others and someone who can bring the ball back in to righty rest every one takes away

Ideally ill prefer ashwin for this job , we have not utilized his white ball skills 

6 hours ago, Gollum said:

Hope he becomes India's "Project Steve Smith" :winky:, from white ball bowler to who knows leader of next fab 4/5 in the 2020s :dontknow:

I like his defence though Roots ball was too good. Offence can make anybody look good but defence makes you actually good. His long reach to smother spin and if you noticed the brisbane innings the way he left many balls in debut test match is a marker. But I really want him to improve his bowling. 2027/28 when Jaddu Ashwin goes Axar ( 33) along with Kuldeep ( 33) should be taking care of teams at home. Sundar with his batting can play at 6 and can be the additional spinning all rounder / batsmen ( we were spoiled for choices in 2000s Sehwag Ganguly Sachin Yuvraj all could bowl )..last thing which I like is his temperment. He excudes calmness.. the way he took the catch of Marcus Harris in opening session of Brisbane test was cool.. 

14 hours ago, maniac said:

I don’t know, just get the feeling, Kohli is the guy totally backing him the fullest.

Washington was rated highly by Dravid during his U-19 days but all of a sudden caught everyone’s attention as this 18-19 year old bowler who had this incredible maturity for his age.

Fast tracked to internationals , Went on to be Man of the tournament in his very first international outing.

Next thing you know, he is picked by RCB.

He has a mediocre season with RCB but still isn’t forgotten and continued  to get  international opportunities as a bench player.

Soon with a few decent outings he starts to become regular in the T20 side.

Continues to be backed in RCB matches like getting promoted to the order etc.

Was held back as a backup in the test side and was pushed ahead of Kuldeep to get a test debut.

Even during RCB post match interviews Kohli used to go “Washi bowled/batted well” etc Just like if you guys recollect Dhoni used to do the same with Jadeja.

Now he seems  to be getting a solid run in tests and has so far been good. A much better start than what Jadeja had when he started.

He is only 20, so I am sure he will see some highs and lows. I have a feeling he will be backed with the same intensity Jadeja was all those years. How it will turn out in the long run we will find out:

But get the feeling this is Kohli’s “Project Jadeja”. He must have learnt and picked up something from Dhoni all these years right ? Have a feeling we are going to have some fun with this.

About a year or so ago, I think I brought up Sundar as a future ODI and test prospect - I think it was in one of those next ODI WC threads by @Ankit_sharma03, and you jumped all over me with your usual shtick.  How the worm turns ( so predictably).

11 hours ago, Gollum said:

Hope he becomes India's "Project Steve Smith" :winky:, from white ball bowler to who knows leader of next fab 4/5 in the 2020s :dontknow:

Hope this happens. from what I see, he looks more of a frontline batsmen than a bowler. He can bowl too but looks one dimensional maybe spending time as an understudy to Ashwin will help him.

Edit: Sundar is also unflappable. He doesn't get over joyous or get deflated. That's a quality that will help us in pressure situations just like Dhoni in ODIs

Edited by Real McCoy
2 hours ago, bowl_out said:

If Kohli really wants to back him, he wouldn't bat Sunday at no. 7 or 8 for RCB

Sundar should open the batting for RCB with Padikkal  and then Kohli ABD and Maxwell should be the middle order.

Good lor, giving the powerplay overs to two players whose peak strike rates are 125-130 and none of them possess the fifth gear